Tyson Mikel

Sep 16, 2023
Pfft.....no! Someone delete my comment because of off topic, this is a silly reason, but whatever I already knew it they will delete my post sooner or later.
Wtf?! They delete your post, because of "off topic" WHAT THE FUCK?!
Poor you, if you only get disappointment.
But seriously I didn't expect this.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I don't really want Voice acting at all...
But if I'm going to hear Annie say "Bo'oh'o'wo'er" (while getting devoured by Nancy) I might pay for it.:KEK::KEK::KEK:
It's still heavily debated what Annie's accent is (some say Irish, some say Scottish, some say Posh) so putting voice acting to that is like dousing fire with gasoline (as some might go REEEEE over Cari ruining their headcanon voice and shit*).

*not that I would reeee myself, but my brain has long been using Maisie Williams' voice for her (yes, this stuck unfortunately), so... :HideThePain:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I don't really want Voice acting at all...
But if I'm going to hear Annie say "Bo'oh'o'wo'er" (while getting devoured by Nancy) I might pay for it.:KEK::KEK::KEK:
:unsure:
It's still heavily debated what Annie's accent is (some say Irish, some say Scottish, some say Posh) so putting voice acting to that is like dousing fire with gasoline (as some might go REEEEE over Cari ruining their headcanon voice and shit*).

*not that I would reeee myself, but my brain has long been using Maisie Williams' voice for her (yes, this stuck unfortunately), so... :HideThePain:
Well damn ... that's gonna stick now. I don't even have to watch whatever clip you chose ... "Quote the Raven ..."

An known

Sep 16, 2021

I mean Cari could put it just to bully Annie.:Kappa:
looks by how many times Cari bullied Annie
Poor Annie was a scared cat, called useless, turned Invisible... and Get Eaten by Nancy
(Yeah Maybe that's too much):HideThePain:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So you're looking for a place to go when everyone's memeing harder than the mods will allow?

Tired of seeing the dreaded "Offtopic" reason?

Head on down to Off Topic Eternum

There's pizza, waifu wars, and plenty of discussion while plenty of images to OOH and AHH about!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Links in signature!

Daandas

Jun 26, 2023

Fuck ... why did you have to say that...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It's hard to tell right now. A lot of hardcore CRPG player also always were like "Nah, I don't need voice over in my games, I like to read everything!" and then BG 3 does voice over anyway and it became a massive hit.

I can understand it for the MC, but for the girls? If it's done well, I would guess most people would come around and the few who don't can just mute it anyway. But of course that will also depend on if other games will do it, too. We would need some "pioneer" that does it well.
BG3 has the benefit of being funded by DOS2 sales and Early Access money tho (not to mention the connections they have to a larger voice acting talent pool thanks to Crit Role and those damnable Magical Codgers who live in a Coast). Compare that to Cari who is solely funded by patrons who have the freedom to pull out their pledges if they absolutely do not like the direction of development.

Not to mention the limited talent pool he can draw voices from since not every indie VA may like the idea of lending their talent to an AVN. AI might help, but again, training AI to sound like the voice you have in your head takes time best put to developing other shit. And we all know Cari likes to be productive with his time (the damn workaholic).

Reactions: Don Sucio
4.80 star(s) 929 Votes