aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
that would take the game to a darker turn (MC literally becomes The Crow) for sure, and potentially less interaction between MC and LIs in the next update. Even though your speculation is actually super interesting, I do hope MC doesn't actually die but is instead put into a long coma as his magical ability starts healing.
Coma is certainly another possibility, however (without throwing shade) I'd find my thesis more alluring. In any case, taking MC out of the happenings for some time makes sense for the classical hero's journey. Perfect time to lorebomb as well as have him train more AND become humble again, seems a pretty big deal this chapter was to emphasize how cocky he became, yet he would never stand a chance against Thanatos or the Founder despite his growth until now. Also allows the LIs to ground themselves and realign their relationship with MC towards a more harem focused path in his absence, depending on how dark you wanna go you could have them either mourn his death OR just have them clueless about his whereabouts. I mean with my idea at least the LIs could stumble upon MC halfway through his absence while being trapped in Eternum momentarily so we wouldn't miss too much interaction. Could also tie in more Calypso lore/arc into that. It would also solve the issue of MC having his body still in the real world while in Eternum if Cari desires to go down the story path of bleeding cases and MC being a traveller between both worlds further.

Last edited:

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Guys, if i just swap 0.6 game folder with 0.7 game folder will i be able to play with my old saves?
Shouldn't be a problem. I have downloaded WIN versions of Renpy games and pasted the game folder into the Renpy editor itself on MAC to continue legit saves in the past and encountered no issues so far. But you never now, save file systems historically are always a bit iffy no matter how much work you put into it.

Reactions: Khayon

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Coma is certainly another possibility, however (without throwing shade) I'd find my thesis more alluring. In any case, taking MC out of the happenings for some time makes sense for the classical hero's journey. Perfect time to lorebomb as well as have him train more AND become humble again, seems a pretty big deal this chapter was to emphasize how cocky he became, yet he would never stand a chance against Thanatos or the Founder despite his growth until now. Also allows the LIs to ground themselves and realign their relationship with MC towards a more harem focused path in his absence, depending on how dark you wanna go you could have them either mourn his death OR just have them clueless about his whereabouts. I mean with my idea at least the LIs could stumble upon MC halfway through his absence while being trapped in Eternum momentarily so we wouldn't miss too much interaction. Could also tie in more Calypso lore/arc into that. It would also solve the issue of MC having his body still in the real world while in Eternum if Cari desires to go down the story path of bleeding cases and MC being a traveller between both worlds further.
I love your theory! It also makes sense for providing a path for MC to become a realm traveller and strengthening the bonds between the LIs so the future harem will not only be "one for all" but "all for all“. The only thing I wish is that if this does happen in the future, MC's absence should be a bit shorter than how long the usual "hero's long journey" trope will usually take 'cause I really like to see more of the mundane interactions between MC and LIs.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
This scene with Nova, what a pleasure! Especially the second part where Caribdis drops Nova's theme when I wasn't expecting it. The way it ends is incredibly hot too. Really good animation. Does anyone have the name of the music that covers the first part of the scene with Nova?

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Still the theory has one contradiction: the El Coyote's mission will be gone after 16 hours, so if MC really is put into coma or literally dead, there's no way only Nancy and Nova (and their underlings) can succeed in finishing it, and I don't think Caribdis will sacrifice that perfect opportunity for another main exploration plot (and also another GEM!) just like every one of them we see in previous updates just for the sake of creating everlasting drama in order to toughen up MC. So IMO if Caribdis really wants to play that card, MC's spirit or whatever will end up in Limbo where time is IRRELEVANT, so no matter how much time he needs to take in order to become a better self, in reality time just passes as usual, so no timeskip scene will be required

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah, I know, and it's all whatever. It's a fantasy for people and I like not having to replay games to see how all the relationships go, so I don't have a problem with it. But telling Nova and Luna they're not just friends and are people very special to him is a dick move when he's justifying sleeping with both of them as being casual relationships, especially when Nancy straight up asks him if he's fooling around with Penny and Nova and he lies about it.
Well... He kind of said, he actually in Love with all of them, remember ?. ;)

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Still the theory has one contradiction: the El Coyote's mission will be gone after 16 hours, so if MC really is put into coma or literally dead, there's no way only Nancy and Nova (and their underlings) can succeed in finishing it, and I don't think Caribdis will sacrifice that perfect opportunity for another main exploration plot (and also another GEM!) just like every one of them we see in previous updates just for the sake of creating everlasting drama in order to toughen up MC. So IMO if Caribdis really wants to play that card, MC's spirit or whatever will end up in Limbo where time is IRRELEVANT, so no matter how much time he needs to take in order to become a better self, in reality time just passes as usual, so no timeskip scene will be required
EZ peasy: MC dies, he wakes up on the Isle of Lost Souls since he is special MC DUH and grabs the McGuffin for El Coyote, spends a week trying to get off the island, finally figures he could just summon Calypso, she's pissed of course but who could resist the charme of Orion amirite? they explore the whole afterlife story arc together also in hopes for Caly to find something out about her realm, spend some time with Alex along the way because why not, acquire ability to truly travel between RL and Eternum, trades the artefact in for the gem, gets back to the real world -> everyone is happy, lewdness ensues and cue heart wrenching welcome back scene with Mr. H :BootyTime:

Last edited:

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Well about the cliffhanger, I got a theory that Orion will manifest his powers in the real world and heal from what would normally kill him. He was nearly killed in Eternum when they first met Calypso and Thanatos stabbed him, but that was when he first manifested his powers and started fighting back. There's also the fact that despite mainly spending his free time in Eternum, he's gotten jacked to all shit and his cognitive functions like the ability to react fast in the real world had changed. So there's a very strong hint that his powers in Eternum have been slowly manifesting in the real world without him really realizing it, which means there's just a chance he heals after a bit of rest time.

Sure Luna saw future sex scenes with Orion when she touch Annie
She literally gave it away when she said "we were all fine" and when Orion questioned the "We?" part, she corrected it and said "she" (Annie) was fine in the vision lol. Orion's having multiple partners in Luna's vision lmao

Reactions: ChipLecsap

CainBlade

Apr 19, 2019
I think Orion wil move to eternium without external help just like the founder and then someone or Calypso can heal him

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes