ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I'll have to go back and see that part again but I'm pretty sure any arrogance he showed there was because he was still thinking the fake Coyote was the real one and as soon as his real identity was revealed anything like that went away. But for the sake of argument lets assume he was that makes 2 times he was slightly arrogant, still not enough to warrant the shit Idriel gave him IMO
I give you that that Idriel came out as a Bitch. :LOL: as I said, yesterday, I don't trust her, I believe she is an Antagonist....

Kyle S

Apr 29, 2017
I think if Carib D wanted to raise tension or stakes than the shot should have been on a side character we care and could feasibly die, like Cheng or Luna's dad. Orion being shot is just meh, everyone knows he isn't going to die and it's just a matter of if he's going to be out for 10 minutes or half a chapter. Cheng even had a death flag in this chapter with him finally asking his girl out, well in 4 to 5 months we'll see what happens.

Reactions: seniorboop

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of Eternum with LightmanP's multimod to v0.7.0 Hotfix.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I think if Carib D wanted to raise tension or stakes than the shot should have been on a side character we care and could feasibly die, like Cheng or Luna's dad. Orion being shot is just meh, everyone knows he isn't going to die and it's just a matter of if he's going to be out for 10 minutes or half a chapter. Cheng even had a death flag in this chapter with him finally asking his girl out, well in 4 to 5 months we'll see what happens.
but this game is not that Dark, that is not the game intention. One of the reason why I love it, its not want to be more than what it is. Pure Entertainment.(y)

the excitement is not about whether he survive or not, but how and what happens next. frankly when he run in to the 2 junkie , I knew how this episode will end, but I was actaully hoping that his powers kicks in, and we find out, that He is already part of Eternum or something, or cant die like Thanatos.:unsure:

obviously the game might have " Bad Endings" they gonna be hard to achieve:LOL:, you purposely will have to make wrong decisions. But the purpose, is like a High School DxD . Harem King :devilish: :ROFLMAO:.

DangDing

Mar 30, 2021
Overall good update. However, I kinda wish Cari adds more acknowledge toward solo paths. Like, Nancy for some reasons still calls me a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
on my Annie only save, which makes no sense.

Reactions: VizzaEth

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Yeah, I cant help but look at it from a metacontextual pov which is why it had no punch to it for me. We know Orion and the LIs have zero risk of dying until the VN is over (or nearly over for the LIs). There's no way to make a mortal risk convincing, so the only move left is to utilize it as a catalyst for a more important revelation.

Like you said, it'd be a different story if it were a side character. I think that was the magic of early GoT. You had no clue who the MC was, so when what you thought was the MC was suddenly aborted from reality it shocked the hell out of you. That ambiguity of who the MC was, and thus who was safe, is what made those deaths so effective and the story considerably less predictable. Thats unfortunately not something Carib D can do with Eternum which makes it predictable.

Reactions: Kyle S and AnonW123

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019

• Haha
Reactions: Kyle S and AnonW123

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah, I cant help but look at it from a metacontextual pov which is why it had no punch to it for me. We know Orion and the LIs have zero risk of dying until the VN is over (or nearly over for the LIs). There's no way to make a mortal risk convincing, so the only move left is to utilize it as a catalyst for a more important revelation.

Like you said, it'd be a different story if it were a side character. I think that was the magic of early GoT.
You had no clue who the MC was, so when what you thought was the MC was suddenly aborted from reality it shocked the hell out of you. That ambiguity of who the MC was, and thus who was safe, is what made those deaths so effective and the story considerably less predictable. Thats unfortunately not something Carib D can do with Eternum which makes it predictable.
:unsure:

“We all know the world is full of chance and anarchy, so yes it’s true to life for characters to die randomly. But news flash: the genre’s called Fantasy. It’s meant to be unrealistic, you myopic manatee.”

sorry I got what you try to say,
but this just popped up in to my head
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
I give you that that Idriel came out as a Bitch. :LOL: as I said, yesterday, I don't trust her, I believe she is an Antagonist....
I don't know if she is an antagonist but now that I think about it I'm liking her less and less since she is the type to drop the whole "You are the only one who can save us" nonesense like you are the chosen one. I kind of want Orion to turn around and say "Well what if I don't want to save your people? What does your fate have to do with me"

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I just don't agree that Orion was really getting arrogant. The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice. If anything his only screw up was by not taking it farther and making sure the enemy was down for the count. The only reason the situation went pear shaped is because a junkie who likely didn't have 2 eternals to rub together SOMEHOW had a gun. If they were proper gang members then sure I can see that, but junkies? At most they would have a knife or a broken bottle. Also if you're going to mug someone and you have a gun you pull that out first, much more likely to get the money without having to fire a shot.

I mean the entire chapter Orion was constantly questioning himself and his enemies. With the werewolves he was confident but also respected the enemy enough to be wary of him and while I haven't seen the vampire route I'm sure it's pretty similar. He even questions if what he is doing with the girls is right and after thinking about it comes to a logical conclusion, it's probably not the right one but the fact that he even stops to question it shows that he is aware of his actions and not just assuming he is the god king and that everything will work out.

All in all I don't think Orion earned that shit from Idriel. If you wanted him to earn it then the werewolf/vampire parts would have had him just assuming he would win without challenge. You would have removed the part about him being excited that Coyote was an actual challenge and replaced it with something more like "Coyote is better than I thought but still a chump not worth mentioning" you would have him NOT questioning his relationships with the girls and just assuming he is so badass it's obvious they would fall for him. Having a single encounter where he shows a level of earned arrogance that goes sideways in a kind of stupid way does not warrant the "You deserve this because you were being arrogant" speech. At best it deserves a "This is not how things were supposed to happen, someone interfered with your destiny" or "You were unlucky"

If you really wanted to hit us with the consequences for arrogance trope then there should have been small moments where he truly was getting arrogant, then have Idriel chide him in one of her talks, something like "You are doing well but be wary of arrogance and do not let it cloud your judgement" then hit us with what we got and it would feel earned and right. This feels like Cari wanted to have a morality moment and threw it in because it would make a good cliffhanger not that it made sense to the story and character.
If you take it as a culmination of his journey beginning with the wrong intentions, it kinda makes sense, though.

From the very beginning, Orion's goal was to have fun in Kredon, change his luck and score babes and possibly get laid. Then when he learned of the prize awaiting those who got the gems, he starts fantasizing in Ekabar what life he would have if he becomes CEO of Ulysses. He also takes shit from no one, given how the correct response in dealing with Axel was to punch him (instead of confronting him or grabbing his hand away when he tried to fondle Annie). These show that he has always had this "brash and confident" streak in him.

Then through the course of the story, he continues to keep on "winning" without much setbacks (the only one being when he lost his gem and the fight against Thanatos in Ogygia): He gets his first gem at the Red Herring, he pulls off the Heist without much of a hitch, he takes Wagner's gem and curbstomps most of his army in the process, he starts becoming physically buff without going through the Mikaela workout routine, every LI starts falling for him, he even manages to seduce a powerful being like Caly despite her arrogance, he starts making a name for himself as the Huntsman as his still-unexplained powers continue to grow unabated...

Granted, most of his successes are also thanks in part due to help from the girls, and that's where he mostly shows his more compassionate and nice guy attitude. But his behavior this update, in my opinion, is simply a culmination of all the things that have been happening in the story so far while also showing the glaring flaw that Orion has had since the beginning. A flaw that is starting to cloud his better self, as seen in how he basically was gung-ho with the gem hunt and set Nova aside before Nan chastised him. Too bad that alone wasn't enough to really set him straight.

Which is why I think this ending is warranted. As I said before in this thread, Orion still has options to get himself out so I'm not worried about his survival. But he needs time to self-reflect and put himself in the right mindset. Right now he's still in the mindset that all of this is just a game (figuratively speaking) and he is "the hero" who will save the day, bed all the women without consequence, and become god. With that mindset, he essentially is no different from The Founder, and that's not what the dead needs.

No, what he needs is to actually BE the hero that the dead and the girls deserve. He needs to come clean and express his intentions with all of them and make them realize he loves them all equally. He needs to adjust his attitude and his goals and actually start taking shit seriously. He needs to understand why things that are happening in Eternum are happening and not just go about them like some sort of Main Story Quest in a VRMMO (granted Ekabar is a good start but that seems to have been initiated by one of the LIs rather than something he himself should initiate).

Like Idriel keeps saying, "you're not asking the right questions." Mayhaps the reason she is saying that is because Orion isn't changing how he's looking at all these things based on his current lifepath and attitude. Hopefully some time being a wandering soul in Eternum (or perhaps Limbo) will change that.

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.

Last edited:

htc89234

Jan 27, 2018
I have to say, the update was good, but it kinda felt lacking story-wise? It felt like I more of just walked from a sex scene to another with very little in the way of actual plot progression; the first half (up until the photoshoot ending) didn't feel much like progressing. The pirate part was good if not a bit short.

Maybe it's the lack of a long free-roam section like the Collector in 0.6 or the travelling in 0.5 + the party. I guess this update felt more NSFW-focused for the scene payouts for me.

Then again maybe the first half of this will come back and make more sense down at 0.9 or 1.0, as Caribdis does end up tying small things into interesting stuff later on.

Ending was great, which is extremely unfortunate as now I'm already anxious for 0.8.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
he is "the hero" who will save the day, bed all the women without consequence, and become god.
I agree, but you do realize that you just spoiled the game right ? :LOL: I mean this exactly this is game.;)
How he get there, that is the journey of the Game (y)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I agree, but you do realize that you just spoiled the game right ? :LOL: I mean this exactly this is game.;)
How he get there, that is the journey of the Game (y)
No, not really.

I'm still of the opinion that the game will end with the gems ending up with no one (either they are destroyed or they scatter once again or completely used up in order to free the dead), the VRMMO being shut down by Orion and co (or maybe Idriel or once the souls of the dead are liberated) so as to not have players intrude upon Eternum, Ulysses becoming bankrupt and all the bad laundry becoming exposed to the world leading to the entire board being thrown to jail, and the world going back to normal with Orion and the harem living modest but happy lives together.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
Just a quick question.

Do I really have to buy the Poly juice Potion???
Orion is going broke...
How will he even pay child support if...
He's losing Money...
He's losing blood...
He's losing life...

What are we gonna do with the Polyjuice potion??
Cosplay as Jerry???
Cause... we already successfully did that.:HideThePain:
[Sighs]...
C'mon man :HideThePain:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
No, not really.

I'm still of the opinion that the game will end with the gems ending up with no one (either they are destroyed or they scatter once again or completely used up in order to free the dead), the VRMMO being shut down by Orion and co (or maybe Idriel or once the souls of the dead are liberated) so as to not have players intrude upon Eternum, Ulysses becoming bankrupt and all the bad laundry becoming exposed to the world leading to the entire board being thrown to jail, and the world going back to normal with Orion and the harem living modest but happy lives together.

:unsure: this feels like one of the "Bad Endings":cautious:

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes