VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Forgot I made this a while back (thanks for jogging my memory with the react VaderExMachina). Seems appropriate to bring up now, given the ending.

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.
i actually thought it was about 0.7's ending, only later realized it was about the beginning XD

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
I just don't agree that Orion was really getting arrogant. The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice. If anything his only screw up was by not taking it farther and making sure the enemy was down for the count. The only reason the situation went pear shaped is because a junkie who likely didn't have 2 eternals to rub together SOMEHOW had a gun. If they were proper gang members then sure I can see that, but junkies? At most they would have a knife or a broken bottle. Also if you're going to mug someone and you have a gun you pull that out first, much more likely to get the money without having to fire a shot.

I mean the entire chapter Orion was constantly questioning himself and his enemies. With the werewolves he was confident but also respected the enemy enough to be wary of him and while I haven't seen the vampire route I'm sure it's pretty similar. He even questions if what he is doing with the girls is right and after thinking about it comes to a logical conclusion, it's probably not the right one but the fact that he even stops to question it shows that he is aware of his actions and not just assuming he is the god king and that everything will work out.

All in all I don't think Orion earned that shit from Idriel. If you wanted him to earn it then the werewolf/vampire parts would have had him just assuming he would win without challenge. You would have removed the part about him being excited that Coyote was an actual challenge and replaced it with something more like "Coyote is better than I thought but still a chump not worth mentioning" you would have him NOT questioning his relationships with the girls and just assuming he is so badass it's obvious they would fall for him. Having a single encounter where he shows a level of earned arrogance that goes sideways in a kind of stupid way does not warrant the "You deserve this because you were being arrogant" speech. At best it deserves a "This is not how things were supposed to happen, someone interfered with your destiny" or "You were unlucky"

If you really wanted to hit us with the consequences for arrogance trope then there should have been small moments where he truly was getting arrogant, then have Idriel chide him in one of her talks, something like "You are doing well but be wary of arrogance and do not let it cloud your judgement" then hit us with what we got and it would feel earned and right. This feels like Cari wanted to have a morality moment and threw it in because it would make a good cliffhanger not that it made sense to the story and character.

Aside from all that it was a great chapter, a little bit short but with all of the theory fodder it totally makes up for it. Now I just have to work out if Orion is going to survive the incident, become like Thanatos, or have the world kind of reset.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
  • Hey there
Reactions: VaderExMachina

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
God damn, there was plenty of new and good content. Been few updates since i last tried this, though sadly no new scenes with Nancy. But thankfully there was really good Penelope scene finally, she is definitely my second favourite after Nancy. And yes, rest of the LIs are also great. :love:

Reactions: AnonW123

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
I just don't agree that Orion was really getting arrogant. The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice. If anything his only screw up was by not taking it farther and making sure the enemy was down for the count. The only reason the situation went pear shaped is because a junkie who likely didn't have 2 eternals to rub together SOMEHOW had a gun. If they were proper gang members then sure I can see that, but junkies? At most they would have a knife or a broken bottle. Also if you're going to mug someone and you have a gun you pull that out first, much more likely to get the money without having to fire a shot.

I mean the entire chapter Orion was constantly questioning himself and his enemies. With the werewolves he was confident but also respected the enemy enough to be wary of him and while I haven't seen the vampire route I'm sure it's pretty similar. He even questions if what he is doing with the girls is right and after thinking about it comes to a logical conclusion, it's probably not the right one but the fact that he even stops to question it shows that he is aware of his actions and not just assuming he is the god king and that everything will work out.

All in all I don't think Orion earned that shit from Idriel. If you wanted him to earn it then the werewolf/vampire parts would have had him just assuming he would win without challenge. You would have removed the part about him being excited that Coyote was an actual challenge and replaced it with something more like "Coyote is better than I thought but still a chump not worth mentioning" you would have him NOT questioning his relationships with the girls and just assuming he is so badass it's obvious they would fall for him. Having a single encounter where he shows a level of earned arrogance that goes sideways in a kind of stupid way does not warrant the "You deserve this because you were being arrogant" speech. At best it deserves a "This is not how things were supposed to happen, someone interfered with your destiny" or "You were unlucky"

If you really wanted to hit us with the consequences for arrogance trope then there should have been small moments where he truly was getting arrogant, then have Idriel chide him in one of her talks, something like "You are doing well but be wary of arrogance and do not let it cloud your judgement" then hit us with what we got and it would feel earned and right. This feels like Cari wanted to have a morality moment and threw it in because it would make a good cliffhanger not that it made sense to the story and character.

Aside from all that it was a great chapter, a little bit short but with all of the theory fodder it totally makes up for it. Now I just have to work out if Orion is going to survive the incident, become like Thanatos, or have the world kind of reset.
Its subtle but he was look at the piarate scene he completely looked past the Coyote just cause he looked normal.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
This game reallly needs BADIK style recaps, It's been so long since 0.6 that I barely remember what happened since then. I don't think it'd take too much work to put together since it'd just be a compilation of important scenes, and it'd really help out since I don't have enough time in my schedule to replay a 10+ hour game every update (College, work, and keeping up with friends/family takes up alot of my time).

Anyways, the update was great, but it sucks we didn't get El Coyote's Gem. The wait for the next updates is going to be excruciating.

I hope not this was the perfect time to humble him he should be out of the picture for a while
I expect either Calypso to show up and save the day or for his demon eyes or whatever to make an appearance. Either way, it's going to be epic! I agree with you though, it'll be disappointing if this doesn't light a fire under his ass

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well guess i at least nailed it partially...
Why do you have MSI Afterburner on for a ren'py game? Not hating, just a curious choice (Since I imagine it'd be distracting from the visuals)

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
I hope not this was the perfect time to humble him he should be out of the picture for a while
Nah the VN doesn't function w/o the MC. If there's any long time lapse it'll be off-screened.

This is obv meta but Carib D doesn't have the time to spend a sizeable chunk of 0.8 having Orion cross Snake Way before being reinserted back into the story

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Nah the VN doesn't function w/o the MC. If there's any long time lapse it'll be off-screened.

This is obv meta but Carib D doesn't have the time to spend a sizeable chunk of 0.8 having Orion cross Snake Way before being reinserted back into the story
Im not saying the whole update just more than 10 minutes i dont want a scenario where his gunshot is just played up for a comedic scene.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Well we are all a little insane for believing there wasn't going to be a cliffhanger in the first place.:ROFLMAO:
I never believed there wasn't going to be one, but shit between not getting what I wanted with Luna and the end of update, I'm going to be waking up middle of night yelling Luna and Idriel till the next update :(

• Haha
Reactions: Takkatakka

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I just don't agree that Orion was really getting arrogant.
first of all put all this under spoiler(y).
second.

He was arrogant, mostly in his mind, for sure. But he was double crossed by el coyote, and instead of caution, he was ready to jump in to a very dangerous mission. He was very jumpy, when he heard the folks talking about him, and get uspet when they mistaked his name, and mostly the way he was talking about Thanatos.
technically Orion, haven't even face any real challenge since his fight against Thanatos , he used his superior Speed against way weaker opponents , and thought he is unbeatable now, and none can stop him.

. That is why instead of Walking forward, and ignoring the Junkies, he started to argue with them, thought that even in the " real life " none can stop him, they dont know who they dealing with " . He get a wake up call, in a sense in a very good moment, before this arogance could have costed somone else life, like one of the girls.

there is nothing wrong with confidence or even arrogance if you know when to be one and you have a reason to be, but truth is, he was far from being in that level.

The Founder an Immortal, William is the most powerful , and influential person in earth, and Thanatos basically a demi-god in Eternum. and Orion believed himself to be better than them, after a few week of playing the game, and after some minor victory over lesser opponents. He was wrong.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
I never believed there wasn't going to be one, but shit between not getting what I wanted with Luna and the end of update, I'm going to be waking up middle of night yelling Luna and Idriel till the next update :(
Caribdis himself said that we would be mindblown by 0.8's cliffhanger, if 0.7's was what it was, then oh boy.... the wait between 0.8 and 0.9 will be even more unbearable....

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Its subtle but he was look at the piarate scene he completely looked past the Coyote just cause he looked normal.
I'll have to go back and see that part again but I'm pretty sure any arrogance he showed there was because he was still thinking the fake Coyote was the real one and as soon as his real identity was revealed anything like that went away. But for the sake of argument lets assume he was that makes 2 times he was slightly arrogant, still not enough to warrant the shit Idriel gave him IMO

Acardia02

Jan 27, 2019
I know for a fact the search function is broken on f95, it's been years and at this point it's just funny. The search works fine for me because I know in what way it's broken, though for searching comments? If you search for a compressed version good luck finding it in less than a minute.
With so many people has complain, why the fuck the forum admin is not changing the default search to recent post is beyond me.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes