vul_pics

Feb 26, 2023
Man, having discovered Eternum at v0.7 is brutal. v0.8 felt so short. Really hoping for a Penny & Nova threesome at some point.

This version only ends one way correct? I'm a bit scarred from my first playthrough of OIAL (as in, my choices aren't the reason I got shot right?)

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
Nah Don't think so at least to this point. I believe like a few others have speculated that this is a wake up call for Orion. :unsure:

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
Ahh But is He Dead? Don't think so sirens in the distance, passing out because of blood loss, but still breathing. Cari is the Master of Cliffhangers get use to it grasshopper. ;)

Shiro.Kun

May 24, 2021
Just replayed the whole game and I want to adress the problem with the "update feeling shorter" once again. The main issue in my opinion is, that the whole Luna / Penny arc, except for the last few scenes including Luna lewd is ultimately just a filler arc. Since we can only see one of the sides in a single playthrough, the information / girl points / relationship progess you see in the other one can't be mandatory. Basically it is just a very long and complicated way of the questions we have with Dalia and Alex (Bagel or Donut) or Penny and Dalia (magic or physical), where you can give an additional, but not mandatory point to one of them. And storywise, we didn't get much aswell.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A really nice setting with the werewolves and the vampires, but considering it was nearly half of the update it is just to less storywise. And then we got a lot of lore just thrown at our feet right at the start in a simple conversation instead of having Orion and the girls make the discovery themselves. Why not make this big reveal the "main conclusion" of Ekhabar instead of giving it away just like this? Don't get me wrong, I think the whole arc was very well written as usual and not every arc can be heavy story focused, but comparing it to earlier updates, the arc felt a bit weak. In the space server, we got an amazing date with annie, a lewd scene with her AND very important story development. In the wild west server we didn't just got solo time with all 3 girls and 2 lewd scenes, but the Calypso lore and the development with the NPC and the manipulation item on top of it.

Some of the eternum theory experts in the forum may argue now, that there is a lot more lore during that arc than one might see on the first look. But if you just play the game normally instead of pausing after every sentence and look for a deeper meaning, I don't think you can find much more than what I mentioned. Comparing to 0.6 western server again, the calypso lore was presented very directly, you didn't need to read between the lines to find it. And yet it left more than enough room for speculation. Even an average player will wonder about the secrets, the plot and the "big picture" of the game after seeing that scene.

Reactions: ename144
Apr 8, 2018
Man, having discovered Eternum at v0.7 is brutal. v0.8 felt so short. Really hoping for a Penny & Nova threesome at some point.

This version only ends one way correct? I'm a bit scarred from my first playthrough of OIAL (as in, my choices aren't the reason I got shot right?)
How has no one kidnapped this guy yet? Dude has a leaked 0.8 build.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I get the sentiment, but as a reminder...

View attachment 3489273 View attachment 3489274

So yeah, good luck trying to convince him to halt a chunk of his dev time just to go back and "rework" on a scene that he already deems as done, especially if reworking it doesn't really serve the narrative in the future (like in the case of him changing the model of Linus' NPC memory hacking tool in 0.6 to that of a smaller version of Caly's box).
That's all great and all but...

He redid the quiz.

You KNOW how you feel about that.

:KEK:

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
BTW does anybody know what eternum's story is inspired by? or any story similar to it?
No exact story per se, but Cari does take a lot of his characters and plot points' inspo from mythology. Dorfnutter made quite a few posts in between 0.4 and 0.5 discussing the similarities/reference points with his prominent one being this. Fair warning for spoilers if you haven't played up to the end of the 0.5 content. Enjoy!

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That's all great and all but...

He redid the quiz.

You KNOW how you feel about that.

:KEK:
My personal feelings for quiz sections aside, he doesn't exactly had a choice given the irl developments on the matter. Not to mention it's a lot easier to redo a few dialogue lines over adding an optional extra segment of Orion needlessly lashing out after a massive fuckup (and only contributes to Idriel seeing Orion "going drunk" with his powers).

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Ahh But is He Dead? Don't think so sirens in the distance, passing out because of blood loss, but still breathing. Cari is the Master of Cliffhangers get use to it grasshopper. ;)
In a game that's thematically about death, rebirth, and defying fate...does it even matter if he's dead or not? He's the main character, I'm pretty sure he'll stay in that role up to the very end...but he won't come out of this without at least a "scar" or two or a slightly more humbled attitude, that's for sure.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My personal feelings for quiz sections aside, he doesn't exactly had a choice given the irl developments on the matter. Not to mention it's a lot easier to redo a few dialogue lines over adding an optional extra segment of Orion needlessly lashing out after a massive fuckup (and only contributes to Idriel seeing Orion "going drunk" with his powers).
Now I'm curious. When did he redo the quiz? (also, guess I should have kept my old versions ...)

4.80 star(s) 887 Votes