Bomarzo_

Sep 25, 2017
I wish Eternum (the in-universe game) had only one theme/environment instead of being whatever from ancient rome to Hogwarts and shit. Idk, i thought the cyberpunk stuff shown in 0.1 was great and I would have preferred to see more of it.

• Angry
Reactions: pedrobece7

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
I wish Eternum (the in-universe game) had only one theme/environment instead of being whatever from ancient rome to Hogwarts and shit. Idk, i thought the cyberpunk stuff shown in 0.1 was great and I would have preferred to see more of it.
I agree with you there. It would feel more consistent to stick with one thematic, while as is it's kind of jarring when they jump from scenario to scenario. I guess it does allow for more creative freedom this way, though.

Seven Soft

Jun 9, 2020
Sorry but how can we be sure that Eternum and OILT is in the same "universe" ?
Sorry but my English is too bad o understand someething really specific.
I think i might have misread the post i initially replied to. I thought he said Caribdis himself confirmed it. But there lies a huge reference of OIALT on the intro of Eternum, where Orion said that Stabby Mike was president.

Reactions: Jehuty206

Topper69

May 16, 2020
For me, the different server themes make the game fun. The developer can totally get involved here, as long as it comes out with a good story and the implementation is right, I won't complain.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Correct me if i'm wrong, but from the little i saw; although other Eternum players (except Orion) can have special abilities at higher level, it (the others' special abilities) did not seem to make them able to overcome their humanly physical limitations (physical durability, physical strength, any other physical attributes). We saw how this might not be the case with Thanatos. There was even a myth of Thanatos' invincibility within the Eternum playerbase. And it is unlikely for a game of hyper-reality MMORPG such as Eternum to grant cross-server invincibility to a player after reaching a certain level.
Unless it's debunked later on, the current theory is that Orion's "eyes" and superhuman abilities stem from the fact that he has 100 percent compatibility. It's still up in the air as to what factors are required to achieve said compatibility, but my personal speculation is that it has something to do with the bloodline/lineage. If, assuming, that Orion is either a lab rat or the Founder's secret child who was either discarded or taken away from Ulysses, then that could possibly explain that angle, since the blood could possibly be nonhuman (dunno if that means Orion is demonic like OiaL's protag...but something tells me the blood is something else entirely, possibly related to Calypso. Maybe elven, perhaps?).

That would also throw a giant monkey wrench to anyone wanting to make an incest mod for the game, because not only will you have to explain how someone like Orion is related by blood with Nancy and her daughters, but you also have to explain why Dalia and Penelope don't share his compatibility and "eye" ability (unless you go for the Assassin's Creed Animus route where the Patrilineal line is given importance...but then you'll have to rewrite that AGAIN if it's revealed in the story that there are people like Orion who happen to be female). Extensive rewrites would be required, and I'm not sure if any modder is up for that kind of shit unless they wait for the story to be completed.

If you haven't caught on to what i'm implying, perhaps Thanatos is someone in posession of said tome. Keep in mind i don't remember exactly what powers that tome offers.
Tome's cursed. To someone well-versed in the occult like Magnus, it grants you immortality...but then you can't die no matter how hard you try, nor do the wounds from whatever injury you get fully heal. It also happens to contain a large chunk of Astaroth's soul, which was sealed by a priest (the other chunk being the one possessing the MC's dad in OiaL, and an even smaller chunk of that residing in MC. Only Astaroth (or anyone possessing a portion of his soul) can use the grimoire properly. Anyone else...well, you get whatever the hell Magnus turned into.

Assuming your theory is true and Thanatos has possession of the grimoire, then we have to accept the grim possibility that Thanatos is OiaL's MC, since he's the only person capable of being able to use the grimoire. Him, or any of his children, at least. But I doubt that Eternum takes place that far into the future, so.../shrugs

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yet still don't get how Thanatos appears to understand, or at least know, the purpose of Calypso's creation. I believe this is implied by his line "You don't even know why you were created" in his dialogue with Calypso nearing their escape from Ogygia.

Based on this fact alone, i assumed he is some Ulysses exec looking to seize power from the founder. And coupled with the classic trope of "the big bad guy was already teased from early on in the story", it made me guess it is William Bardot. But when we combine this conclusion with my arguments in other paragraphs above, there seems to be a huge missing link. Hopefully this makes sense.
Yeah...I'm not sure if I can buy the theory that Thanatos is William (though it's possible I could be wrong on that, we'll see). That spiel of his about Eternum being better because it allows those with strength to thrive seem to be coming from someone from the bottom rung of society, who lives in a world where being born into power and prestige is what gets you far in life, and not hard work and struggle. It's hard for someone to have the same sentiment if they happen to be at the top of the societal food chain, which someone like William Bardot is at.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Sorry but how can we be sure that Eternum and OILT is in the same "universe" ?
Sorry but my English is too bad o understand someething really specific.

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
If we subscribe to the idea that Eternum is more than just a top notch VR game we can assume that praetorians are either humans working for Ulysses in secret that act like an elite AI force (aka the private security or secret service) or they're sentient AI and thus pretty much "human" in an obvious sense.

And yes they're awesome looking.

For the girls in that scene it seems pretty obvious (in my eyes at least) that they're players acting like mercenaries since they complain about the pay just before they go SPLOSH

Reactions: pedrobece7

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I agree with you there. It would feel more consistent to stick with one thematic, while as is it's kind of jarring when they jump from scenario to scenario. I guess it does allow for more creative freedom this way, though.
Well if the theory is true that Eternum isn't a game but rather a nexus for different worlds/realities that one could go to, then it kinda would suck if all of those different dimensions/worlds are futuristic/sci-fi, don't you think?

Topper69

May 16, 2020
If we subscribe to the idea that Eternum is more than just a top notch VR game we can assume that praetorians are either humans working for Ulysses in secret that act like an elite AI force (aka the private security or secret service) or they're sentient AI and thus pretty much "human" in an obvious sense.

And yes they're awesome looking.

For the girls in that scene it seems pretty obvious (in my eyes at least) that they're players acting like mercenaries since they complain about the pay just before they go SPLOSH
Assuming Praetorians are human players, it's safe to assume they don't take their own avatar while on duty (security reasons). Different customization options for higher ranks makes sense then.

Reactions: Dunner

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Assuming Praetorians are human players, it's safe to assume they don't take their own avatar while on duty (security reasons). Different customization options for higher ranks makes sense then.
Yep and the Alex and Nova dialogue in the "Loonie Tunes" server would pretty much confirm that.

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
Well if the theory is true that Eternum isn't a game but rather a nexus for different worlds/realities that one could go to, then it kinda would suck if all of those different dimensions/worlds are futuristic/sci-fi, don't you think?
If that's the case, then yeah it would suck xd I'm kinda counting on it being more of a Matrix kind of thing but who knows we are still very early in the game o_O

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
I'll quote both of you here in regards with Thanatos

So we'll go with the notion that Thanatos is a human from the real world to keep it simple.
Whether he's a rando looking for power or somehow involved with Ulysses he's clearly experienced and very well geared thus whenever we talk about his immortality we shouldn't forget about the various items, spells, talents etc. that we find in your average game today with effects that can save your life. Those sort of things are usually reserved to higher ranked players and they can go from "x saves you from a fatal wound" to "x allows you to fight normally until you bleed out" or "x won't allow your HP to go bellow 0" so practically speaking that whole issue can be easily explained.

It would be awesome if he's involved with the "Lady In Black" like in the whole 2 sides of the same coin 1 selfless 1 selfish etc. or if he's a specter but such effects can be achieved through game mechanics.

Now about the tome I agree that it's unlikely for Thanatos to use it. As elsalamandra explained it's a curse item first and foremost and I'm pretty certain the OIALT MC leaving it where he did was more of a representation of finally letting go of that burden rather than just leaving the book that sucks souls for no reason...... IT WOULD BE FUNNY NGL but the book always seems to return to MC so I find it unlikely. It may just be out o juice for all we know:KEK:

Reactions: Seven Soft

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
Its not a surprise that this game stay number 1 as top rating game, im someone who prefer a game with solid plot like Eternum,Ripples and Rebirth rather than some other games with beautiful renders but lame storylines. even a popular game like badik is boring af for me. Eternum,Ripples and Rebirth are actually the games i wouldnt mind playing it more than once. ( pardon for my bad english btw )

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavi13

goatseasia

Feb 14, 2021
I'm not sure if I was the only one to notice but at the end of version 0.3 right after you open the door and the credits start rolling, I didn't realize it was gonna send me to main menu so I didnt save at all, my last save being made 8 hours ago.

It's not something catastrophic but it was annoying to skip again through all the content just to get a save file :p

JayZeee

Oct 6, 2021
I'm not sure if I was the only one to notice but at the end of version 0.3 right after you open the door and the credits start rolling, I didn't realize it was gonna send me to main menu so I didnt save at all, my last save being made 8 hours ago.

It's not something catastrophic but it was annoying to skip again through all the content just to get a save file :p
There is auto save...

Reactions: Tavi13

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
After playing v0.3, I have a question.
Penelope has 2 hearts in this version right? other girls have 3 hearts?
You can get either Penny or Alex to the third heart, but not both. Assuming you've gotten all their points so far, the question of who's treat you like better is the tie breaker.

Reactions: crustlord12
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes