JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
idon't get it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably an oversight on Caribdis' part. Maybe the original concept for Eternum is akin to how VR works in the modern day before he updated it to work like SAO/The Matrix instead.
If I'm not mistaken, Lauren was talking about it before it came out right? So, she may have been talking about trailers, "in engine" gameplay footage kind of thing. The company may put out "in game" trailers even still to get people interested but there is nothing like streaming gameplay footage. That's just how I took it though; Lauren was talking about gameplay trailer footage, while Annie was talking about streaming gameplay.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Question: 1. So the Poop of doom was Found and AI make it Pouplic when MC found one Nothing?
2. The Gear for Ethernum is NOT Compabil to other but Luna has 1? so MC has now 2 Gears even after win one?
3. How is the Other come to the Restictet Server ? Like Nova Hacking and How The Player Or the Invader Knows he had the Poop of Doom?
This is the Rules you set yourself for it and you are break it for story? Bye bye

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Luna best girl period.
That scene of MC defending Luna from what her ghost (or whatever it was) was so... Wow, loved.
As much as I wanted to make a joke about Luna being great but Nova being best girl, I honestly can't do it. Luna is great. I just don't think there is a subpar love interest in this game, they are all wonderful...

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Question: 1. So the Poop of doom was Found and AI make it Pouplic when MC found one Nothing?
2. The Gear for Ethernum is NOT Compabil to other but Luna has 1? so MC has now 2 Gears even after win one?
3. How is the Other come to the Restictet Server ? Like Nova Hacking and How The Player Or the Invader Knows he had the Poop of Doom?
This is the Rules you set yourself for it and you are break it for story? Bye bye
1. When the Mc found the Gem there was an announcement just not to the MC because he was the one who found it.
2. The link equipment in your brain is not transferable, the MC wins one, Luna already had one. The suits and googles can be used by anyone if they fit them.
3. We don't know how Thanatos got to the locked server but I'm sure we will later. There is a lot about him we don't know, like why his eyes look weird or how he survived getting his heart punched.
No rules set by the developer have been broken.

anon98989

Dec 4, 2020
If I'm not mistaken, Lauren was talking about it before it came out right? So, she may have been talking about trailers, "in engine" gameplay footage kind of thing. The company may put out "in game" trailers even still to get people interested but there is nothing like streaming gameplay footage. That's just how I took it though; Lauren was talking about gameplay trailer footage, while Annie was talking about streaming gameplay.
i don't think it's like that there's no engine in the first place, according to Anne everything you sense, hear and see is generated by your brain.
Also the MC asked why there aren't ANY gameplay footage online, like someone streaming for example.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
This is the most entertaining VN I have ever witnessed. The story-telling is charming, surprising and so very creative.

I truly have no idea who is the best girl is already, which I think is brilliant. Though, amongst others, I have new respect for rope girl.

"Open the door"... I return to the real world, but all I can think about is my next visit to Eternum.

Thank you!

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
i don't think it's like that there's no engine in the first place, according to Anne everything you sense, hear and see is generated by your brain.
Also the MC asked why there aren't ANY gameplay footage online, like someone streaming for example.
That's why I put "in engine" in quotes. And if someone accepts the theory that it isn't even really a game but some kind of other world accessing technology/magic then the company could create fake images to sell the game before it came out. You couldn't get the first batch of players without them seeing anything about what the game might be like. The initial investment is way too high, and word of mouth takes time to build up. Even if it was just "here is what it will look like to play" they must have released some kind of trailers before the game released. Now word of mouth and hype can carry the game to new players, but you have to start somewhere and showing "concept art" or trailers is the way you could start even if it isn't accurate o what it really is.

Of course, this is just how I take it and my way of explaining it and seeing as how the only alternative being presented is that it was just a mistake by the dev I prefer my in universe explanation to that because I don't see any problem with it fitting with what we know.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That's why I put "in engine" in quotes. And if someone accepts the theory that it isn't even really a game but some kind of other world accessing technology/magic then the company could create fake images to sell the game before it came out. You couldn't get the first batch of players without them seeing anything about what the game might be like. The initial investment is way too high, and word of mouth takes time to build up. Even if it was just "here is what it will look like to play" they must have released some kind of trailers before the game released. Now word of mouth and hype can carry the game to new players, but you have to start somewhere and showing "concept art" or trailers is the way you could start even if it isn't accurate o what it really is.

Of course, this is just how I take it and my way of explaining it and seeing as how the only alternative being presented is that it was just a mistake by the dev I prefer my in universe explanation to that because I don't see any problem with it fitting with what we know.
I think only a minor correction to the dialogue in a future update could fix this kind of oversight, tbh.

Instead of saying "how come there are no gameplay videos," have Orion (MC) ask "I've seen some preview clips, but they're nothing like this. How come there aren't any streamers hyping this up?" To which Annie would reply "Because you can't stream something if there's no screen to be recorded, silly."

Because yeah, I find it highly weird that a VRRMO doesn't have any sort of promotional material other than word of mouth or influencers hyping it up. They have to showcase the tech somehow, and the only way to do that is to show "ingame footage," even if they're just high-quality bullshots.

Hell, even Fyre Festival had some sort of promotional material. And that was all complete bullshit. XD

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

tightbuns

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
you w0t m80

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I've seen a couple of people put forward the idea that Thanatos is Alex/Axel's dad, but I don't think that fits because we see Thanatos leave the MC and Dalia alive, almost like he respected MC standing up to him and not abandoning her, I can't imagine Alex's dad doing that.

I mean, it could be him, but I think he's either a character we haven't met yet or it's going to be a total shock who it is when we find out. Someone we would never suspect, like Luna's dad or something. :ROFLMAO:

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
I've just finished playing 0.2 update. Gonna play 0.3. Amazing game! (y)

At the moment my favourite characters are: Nova, Alex and Nancy.

Reactions: McGreed
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes