goatseasia

Feb 14, 2021
You can get either Penny or Alex to the third heart, but not both. Assuming you've gotten all their points so far, the question of who's treat you like better is the tie breaker.
I followed the walkthrough and the only instance where you have to pick between 2 girls is when Dalia and Alex ask you which pre-workout snack is better

Choosing Alex will make her have 3 hearts or choosing Dalia will make her have 3.

I might be wrong tho

saclang070292

Jun 11, 2021
You can get either Penny or Alex to the third heart, but not both. Assuming you've gotten all their points so far, the question of who's treat you like better is the tie breaker.
yeah, I choose Alex's bagels and get 1 heart, this time I missed Dalia's heart, but in the end I get Dalia's 3 hearts, Penelope still gets 2 hearts.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Got me thinking. Now that we have established the entire plot of Eternum takes place within the same universe as OIALT, i remembered there was a magic tome/book left behind by OIALT MC during the ending. And with how Stabby Mike had become a prominent figure (a college graduate, the president) in the Eternum timeline, it is safe to assume that Eternum takes place after OIALT. We don't know for sure how long, since we remember how Stabby Mike can attain fame and power in an instant (like how he became a well-known church pastor in less than a week). We also saw Thanatos has somewhat inhuman powers, like maintaining consciousness even after violently bleeding out from a severed hand.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but from the little i saw; although other Eternum players (except Orion) can have special abilities at higher level, it (the others' special abilities) did not seem to make them able to overcome their humanly physical limitations (physical durability, physical strength, any other physical attributes). We saw how this might not be the case with Thanatos. There was even a myth of Thanatos' invincibility within the Eternum playerbase. And it is unlikely for a game of hyper-reality MMORPG such as Eternum to grant cross-server invincibility to a player after reaching a certain level.

So perhaps Thanatos' powers is not obtained from the game itself, meaning he's probably inhumanly powerful even outside Eternum (in the real world).

If you haven't caught on to what i'm implying, perhaps Thanatos is someone in posession of said tome. Keep in mind i don't remember exactly what powers that tome offers. And the reason why he would choose to operate in Eternum (first, and not wreak havoc in the real world) was because of the rewards of gems of doom hunt. Regardless of his motives or plans, gaining power of such magnitude (CEO/owner of multi-billion dollar company) will at the very least assist his presumably villainous schemes.

Yet still don't get how Thanatos appears to understand, or at least know, the purpose of Calypso's creation. I believe this is implied by his line "You don't even know why you were created" in his dialogue with Calypso nearing their escape from Ogygia.

Based on this fact alone, i assumed he is some Ulysses exec looking to seize power from the founder. And coupled with the classic trope of "the big bad guy was already teased from early on in the story", it made me guess it is William Bardot. But when we combine this conclusion with my arguments in other paragraphs above, there seems to be a huge missing link. Hopefully this makes sense.

I understand that my theory might be farfetched and biased. At the very least, i hypothesize that the tome in OIALT will play a role in Eternum's plot.
Veeeeeeery interesting! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

di0

Apr 9, 2018
levels in Eternum don't really do anything except provide someone access to special abilities and better equipment.
I wanted to make a note about levels.
Orion mentioned to be level 6 at heist planning scene, if i remember correctly. So level is not a function of time, there is exp system. You would think that a moment it becomes known that some action gives you exp, there will be server with x999 rates, and second after that open server with the same, just to spite first one. It's a small plot hole, i think.

Second, i think importance of level downplayed - if you need lvl 4 to use light spell, you would think in regards to combat advantages higher level requirements would have colossal impact on strength of the character. It turn this means game becomes "rocket tag", or players need to invest in armor heavily, given that it seems there are no in-build increasing toughness in form of hp or some other damage mitigation.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I wanted to make a note about levels.
Orion mentioned to be level 6 at heist planning scene, if i remember correctly. So level is not a function of time, there is exp system. You would think that a moment it becomes known that some action gives you exp, there will be server with x999 rates, and second after that open server with the same, just to spite first one. It's a small plot hole, i think.
I should've clarified. By "how much time you've spent in Eternum," I meant the time you've spent doing shit in it and learning what the servers/worlds can offer. It's less exp gain system like DnD or any traditional MMO and more like, say, a leveling system akin to The Elder Scrolls: the more you do something, the more you become good at it, which then adds up to your level.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
1. There is some kind of feedback mechanism that gives pain/pleasure back to player, and why not death as well? I guess Jerry broke several rules and was an such asshole the moderators decided to euthanise him.
2. We don't know can she visit there or not. We know the portals won't work because she does not have a body on other side.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Damn!!!! Played it for the first time and it is awesone! I had lots of fun playing it. Excellent job, Caribdis ! Now, I'll try your previous game!

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Probably an oversight on Caribdis' part. Maybe the original concept for Eternum is akin to how VR works in the modern day before he updated it to work like SAO/The Matrix instead.
Yeah, there's probably some way to capture gameplay footage, but not available to anyone outside the software company. Otherwise their law enforcement wouldn't work.

Reactions: Dunner and JayZeee

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I should've clarified. By "how much time you've spent in Eternum," I meant the time you've spent doing shit in it and learning what the servers/worlds can offer. It's less exp gain system like DnD or any traditional MMO and more like, say, a leveling system akin to The Elder Scrolls: the more you do something, the more you become good at it, which then adds up to your level.
I think it's more of a fame based reward system. You get xp by being an active player, being there, interacting, training, going questing, seing places. Kinda the opposite of the traditional grind and get higher stats online gaming scheme.
It's even pretty clear that it's more important to have actual fighting skill and confidence with the magic lore then having levels per se, apart from reaching locked options or pieces of equipment.

Actually it's kinda better that way, if you ask me. It remember mi when used to larp. Higher level characters had their advantages, but being myself a rather competent fighter i could kick ass even with base level characters.

Reactions: lunar517 and Dunner

habujabi6

Feb 15, 2022
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes