ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Because for now they appear to only affect the player's projections, which are pretty different compared to the corporeal bodies found in the material world (or the real world, as the game calls it). Otherwise we would've started hearing rumors about people's chests bursting with no explanation as to why that is. But so far there are no such reports (that we know of). :whistle:
:unsure:
but , Ulysses corporation pretty much can hide those news, just like they do with the deaths that are happening in eternum.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Hiding excommunications is one thing, hiding a potential mass extinction event is a whole different ballgame entirely. :HideThePain:
is it ? when you are the most powerful organization of the world ?. and Its not like in our real word we don't have evidence of news manipulation , narrative control and etc.

so yeah in this fiction of Eternum, I absolutely cannot rule out the idea that Ulysses can control everything, and everyone who might get close to something either disappear, or get discredited as some conspiracy theories, and none take them serious.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
is it ? when you are the most powerful organization of the world ?. and Its not like in our real word we don't have evidence of news manipulation , narrative control and etc.

so yeah in this fiction of Eternum, I absolutely cannot rule out the idea that Ulysses can control everything, and everyone who might get close to something either disappear, or get discredited as some conspiracy theories, and none take them serious.
Yeah, until the bodies start piling faster than a zap from murdersexdoll 3000.

Hence why I used the term "mass extinction event," and not, say, a "gas leak." :whistle:

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
If you roleplay like a Teenager who is horny but not an asshole, it is actually quite easy to pick the correct choices. Without really thinking about it I managed to not drop out of any path first try. But I actually read what the Game told me, something that many users on this site are somehow not able to do.

To be fair, there are some tricky ones, like complimenting Alex' Pen, but that choice alone does not break up her path and neither do any of the other ambiguous ones.
Alex's pen isn't THAT tricky if you took the cues: she's someone accustomed to being judged by superficial things and hearing stuff like "cool tats", etc. Noticing the pen goes below the surface - a girl like that is looking for someone that sees beyond the surface and isn't just another horndog looking to hookup with her because she's rich or looks like an easy mark because she's rebelling against daddy.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'd agree with you if I had mods downloaded. Or if I hadn't redownloaded the game several times for it to continue doing the same thing. But please, continue to assume.
It often doesn't matter if the game is downloaded fresh without mods. You're probably attempting to load a save-file that was used when mods were installed. Try a new save-game from scratch with no mods installed and you'll see it doesn't crash.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
can anyone tell me what keeps making the game crash?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I never had any mods downloaded to begin with. That was my point. I've also already started from scratch for it to still crash.
Mods are usually the case when it comes to errors which is why it was the first thing others thought of. From your error log it looks like you're running this on android. Not sure if that build is actually stable, but I haven't heard anyone else bring this up. It could be the device you're trying to run it on.

Is there a particular spot in the game where it always crashes for you or does it just happen randomly?

Edit: Weird all his posts vanished as I was replying :confused:

Last edited:

Fapparition

Dec 25, 2022
IIRC you close Dalia's path if you don't punch that guy in the gym. Yeah, he was a jerk but he'd just been knocked out and since this was real life and not Eternum, it makes sense to not hit him again. Especially since earlier in the game, Thanatos spares both you and Dalia so it felt right to do something similar.

Also, Dalia's reaction was a bit exaggerated in how disappointed she was to get 2nd place, only behind a literal freak of nature. She even says something similar herself, so there's no way it can be a good idea to permanently lose her for not punching that guy.
True, that's why

screenshot0001.png

Nancy would be also out if I wasn't down so bad (not a fan of paying people to damage someone's property). Alex's route got pretty close to "losing colors" too

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So the Founder is gonna be MC's dad? I can see that from few thousand miles away.
More likely his son. Orion have been in cryosleep in an underground bunker and he thinks only about 10 years passed, but they where actually 60 and his son is now an elderly scientist and the leader of an underground instituition for the preservation of science who builds synthetic humans for the dirty work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ProtonMH and Dunner

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
True, that's why

View attachment 3962276

Nancy would be also out if I wasn't down so bad (not a fan of paying people to damage someone's property). Alex's route got pretty close to "lost colors" too
And this is the elephant in the room of Eternum. It's actually more of a kinetic novel than a visual novel, since you basically only have the "right choice" or the choice the closes paths.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
And this is the elephant in the room of Eternum. It's actually more of a kinetic novel than a visual novel, since you basically only have the "right choice" or the choice the closes paths.
Not really? It's more like an old-school eroge/JPVN where there is only one correct choice and everything else leads to lost paths or bad/alt ends. A good example would be "Fate/Stay Night" where there is one optimum path per route and straying from that either leads to bad ends and a trip to Taiga Dojo, or a "Good End" path that might sound good but isn't exactly the best end when compared to the "True End."

Reactions: Machete

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
But...the first image is in Eternum, and the second image is presumably in the real world...

...so either she took a tan irl too, or...or Eternum is starting to affect her physical body as well, just like Orion.

View attachment 3960301
No.. it... it cannot be:eek:

Hiding excommunications is one thing, hiding a potential mass extinction event is a whole different ballgame entirely. :HideThePain:
I agree with you BUT here's a foolproof counterargument:
What? What were we talking about?:WaitWhat:

Me patiently waiting for the next chapter of Eternum- it's going to be amazing I can tell. But when it comes out going to re-play the entire game from start to finish
Welcome to the club brother Cinder
THE Shadow Cabal.png

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
No.. it... it cannot be:eek:
But as I said earlier it could be that she's pulling an Annie by doing something to her appearance in the "real world" because Orion said that it looked good on her in Eternum. :whistle:

I agree with you BUT here's a foolproof counterargument:
What? What were we talking about?:WaitWhat:
Unfortunately working on cursed images and crackpot theories have made me immune to those, so...:HideThePain:

Anyway, like I said paying off the right people to look the other way or make records change or disappear when excommunications happen is easier for Ulysses. But I doubt they can pull the same stunt if the xenomorph infection theoretically finds itself in the "real," especially given how fast it could potentially spread. Not to mention the fact that you have to pay off PMCs to terminate any xenomorph out in the wild, pay off news corps to bury the story before it spreads...that's like what some governments did in World War Z (the book) when they tried to hide the undead plague until they could no longer hide it. Total disaster in the making.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dunner
4.80 star(s) 951 Votes