Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Hold on a minute. What if... and this will sound crazy but, what if the next update/few updates MC is stuck in Eternum and IRL we take control of none other but CHANG himself?!:oops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
With the joke aside I would geuinely love to see just how unhinged the girls and Chang would get because of what happened. I can just imagine the hellfire they would unleash upon the world if MC won't be able to come back.
do you realize how f you are.png
Never gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Reactions: [VEN0M]

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I already don't like scenes in which the MC isn't present...it feels weird...because the rest is very much from his perspective and if it would be up to me, Cari should try to prevent such scenes...even though some of them are really great, like the scene with Alex, Dalia and then Penny in the park...
Eh, those scenes help establish the girls' camaraderie a bit more IMO (with some of the scenes showing that the girls have a life outside of being Orion's pogo stick user). You can't really build a harem if every girl in it doesn't get along with one another, and having more short moments where we see the girls interacting with one another helps solve one of the issues of OIAL's harem end (that being not every girl managed to interact with one another and were limited in a way to their own "circles").

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Eh, those scenes help establish the girls' camaraderie a bit more IMO (with some of the scenes showing that the girls have a life outside of being Orion's pogo stick user). You can't really build a harem if every girl in it doesn't get along with one another, and having more short moments where we see the girls interacting with one another helps solve one of the issues of OIAL's harem end (that being not every girl managed to interact with one another and were limited in a way to their own "circles").
I mean, you can also show that while Orion is around and through other means (and Cari also does that), but of course such scenes help. Then again they kinda infringe on the immersion somewhat, it is simply a compromise.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I mean, you can also show that while Orion is around and through other means (and Cari also does that), but of course such scenes help. Then again they kinda infringe on the immersion somewhat, it is simply a compromise.
The immersion argument was already thrown out the window the moment Orion was established as his own character with his own backstory and potential skeletons in his closet, and not someone with a bland-ass backstory so that they could work better as the player's own character. He's basically Geralt from the first Witcher game: he has his own past and background but the holes in his character allow us as players to mold him as how we view Geralt, but at the end of the day he is still Geralt. :whistle:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The immersion argument was already thrown out the window the moment Orion was established as his own character with his own backstory and potential skeletons in his closet, and not someone with a bland-ass backstory so that they could work better as the player's own character. He's basically Geralt from Witcher 1: he has his own past and background but the holes in his character allow us as players to mold him as how we view Geralt, but at the end of the day he is still Geralt. :whistle:
Not really, you can still immerse yourself in the character...well...at least I can. I mean stuff like that is highly subjective anyway and everybody will feel different about this.

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
Now, departing from this cultured exchange of ideas, I have found something that some people might find useful

There's a program called ktoolbox (for windows), which can download posts from kemono, and since someone asked for the wallpapers of Eternum, you can get them from kemono, but have to sift every post one by one for the files, which is time consuming, so using this app to download the Caribdis posts and then just make a quick lookup for the images by file format is easier

as prerequisite, you going to need python installed and added to PATH (is one of the first options on the python installer)

after that you open a PowerShell window and type

pip3 install pipx
then download the attached zip file, extract it to any place in your computer, and run the file

Caribdis (onceinalifetime).bat
the program will run automatically, and will show you a progress screen, there are some warnings of files that it cannot download, it's normal, but if you're unsure if you downloaded everything correctly, you can re run the program, it will skip the files already downloaded, and will download the missing ones, if it can

MakoFormStudios

Aug 25, 2024
I do wish the game would do something like this. Having the main girls have that connection with each other would be a really fun dynamic that would strengthen the core cast.

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
I remember some of those scenes very fondly simply because we get to see the personalities of the girls showing in ways that generally aren't expressed with the MC present. Also makes them feel more real, as it were, with independent lives. If all that is ever acknowledged to have happened is what the MC sees, the whole things starts to feel somewhat solipsistic, as if the world is suspended when you're not around.
Never had any trouble with immersion because the narrative isn't really in first person.

ProtonMH

Sep 15, 2022
I have read some trivia on wikipedia concerning the origin of the characters names in Eternum and found some really interesting passages. I will put them in spoilers because some of it could even hint at the endings:

I actually love that Cari took inspiration from the Odyssey, not only concerning names but also by letting himself be inspired by its contents. I recommend reading up about it, the possible parallels and conclusions to Eternums story are endless. It is obvious who I would choose out of the two options (or more) regarding the ending, though.

Reactions: rudy007 and KanyeT

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I have read some trivia on wikipedia concerning the origin of the characters names in Eternum and found some really interesting passages. I will put them in spoilers because some of it could even hint at the endings:

I actually love that Cari took inspiration from the Odyssey, not only concerning names but also by letting himself be inspired by its contents. I recommend reading up about it, the possible parallels and conclusions to Eternums story are endless. It is obvious who I would choose out of the two options (or more) regarding the ending, though.
I mean...the default name of the MC is Orion... :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: KanyeT and MAGO-DAG

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Fun fact: Orion actually shows up in the Odyssey when Odysseus went to the underworld and saw him there as a shade hunting stuff. :whistle:

Fun fact 2: One of the more infamous tales about Orion in the Greek Myths was how he was pursuing a group of nymphs called the Pleiades (who were sisters to Hyas, the Hyades, and - surprise surprise - Calypso). He pursued them so hard that Zeus had to intervene by placing them in the sky, where Orion continues to pursue them up to this day.

The number of the Pleiades are 7.

Guess how many official main LIs this game has (not counting Caly)?

Last edited:

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Soooooo

Any update on the update?

No like i'm a new player that got hooked way to much on this game.

Heheheh......

Maybe a little.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Soooooo

Any update on the update?

No like i'm a new player that got hooked way to much on this game.

Heheheh......

Maybe a little.
Currently released sneak peeks for 0.8 as of now:

Sneak Peek #1

Sneak Peek #2

Sneak Peek #3

Latest Progress Bar Status as of a few days ago:

1724311562968.png

Guesstimate for 0.8 release: Around November for Demon Lord Beta and December for Public Version.

ProtonMH

Sep 15, 2022
Fun fact: Orion actually shows up in the Odyssey when Odysseus went to the underworld and saw him there as a shade hunting stuff. :whistle:

Fun fact 2: One of the more infamous tales about Orion in the Greek Myths was how he was pursuing a group of nymphs called the Pleiades (who were sisters to Hyas, the Hyades, and - surprise surprise - Calypso). He pursued them so hard that Zeus had to intervene by placing them in the sky, where Orion continues to pursue them up to this day.

The number of the Pleiades are 7.

Guess how many official main LIs this game has (not counting Caly)?
Screenshot 2024-08-28 101725.png

4.80 star(s) 951 Votes