browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
I have more of an issue with the choices where there's not enough context to make the correct decision without a walk through, a restart, or save scumming. For instance the dialog with Alex where you can compliment her on her pen. If there was a previous conversation where there were clues like the choice with Penny where you have to decide between donuts vs coffee and how many sugars in the coffee then that's fine (she mentions liking her coffee with 3 sugars in a previous conversation so if you paid attention you know the answer later).

For a game like this it's usually pretty obvious, and if I make the wrong choice I can just click back and redo until I get it right. So not a big deal either way.
Agreed, but I suppose its similar to Japanese VNs where you're meant to be replaying them anyway, and like you mentioned with the scrollback feature we can do it in an instant anyway. Nevertheless, smaller writing features like what you've mentioned would've made an already 10/10 game even better

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
I still think that the backlash was stupid back then. Basicallly - choose a stupid choice and get a outcome you dont like. And I think this is fair.

And I am honest, the choices in Eternum (and OIALT) are super easy to pick. I mean, nobody would be stupid enough to sell Lauren to the Yakuza and thinks that this will be a good choice. And if someone does this choice, they should not complain about the outcome.

Same goes for Eternum. I think people who decide to abandon Penny and go with Regina deserve to get a bad outcome, because a) it is super-obvious and b) you are basically trading a 10/10 and Main-LI against the possibility of some fun with a 5/10 (even tho nothing happens anyway between MC and Regina).

(Also I think that the crying is funny if someone does a stupid choice and complaints about the outcome which was basically their decision...)
Or if you choose to rape Dalia. There is some choices with some nuance, but the really bad ones are clearly very bad.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I have more of an issue with the choices where there's not enough context to make the correct decision without a walk through, a restart, or save scumming. For instance the dialog with Alex where you can compliment her on her pen. If there was a previous conversation where there were clues like the choice with Penny where you have to decide between donuts vs coffee and how many sugars in the coffee then that's fine (she mentions liking her coffee with 3 sugars in a previous conversation so if you paid attention you know the answer later).

For a game like this it's usually pretty obvious, and if I make the wrong choice I can just click back and redo until I get it right. So not a big deal either way.
I think the dev kinda hinted at the "Pen" option being the correct choice given that it stood out the most among the other possible "compliments" you could give Alex - since it is fairly obvious that she must get all those other stuff complimented daily, Orion complimenting her pen makes Orion stand out to her, in a sea of other worshippers she encounters daily.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Or if you choose to rape Dalia. There is some choices with some nuance, but the really bad ones are clearly very bad.
For Dalia that one was pretty obvious but I could see some girls being more of a "no means yes" kind of girl. Doesn't seem to fit for any of the Eternum girls other than maybe Alex though. She seems to like it kind of rough.

Reactions: Leinad_Sevla

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
View attachment 4016494

ETERNUM FAN ART CONTEST We're excited to announce the second official Eternum Fan Art Contest! For the next few weeks, we will be taking submissions of fan art relating to Eternum and at the end, giving out prizes to the top 3 artists! PRIZES: 1st place: Demon Lord tier access to 0.8 (including Discord role and Patreon benefits) or $100 Steam Gift Card 2nd place: God tier access to 0.8 (including Discord role and Patreon benefits) or $50 Steam Gift Card 3rd place: Eternumite tier access to 0.8 (including Discord role and Patreon benefits) or $25 Steam Gift Card RULES AND INFO:
  1. No character creator renders (Honey Select, Daz, Blender, etc.) or usage of AI. Art must be hand-drawn through physical (painting, pencil, etc.) or digital (Adobe Illustrator, Paint.NET, etc.) means.
  2. This time we're having a theme! Of course, the art must be Eternum-related, but the theme is Autumn/Halloween. Please try to incorporate the theme into your art. It's up to you to choose the character(s) and setting! Art may be SFW or NSFW.
  3. Post your art submission in

⁠Caribdis Games⁠〉fan-art (or DM it to me if you wish to remain anonymous).
  4. If you have posted fan art on this server before, you may not use previously posted fan art as your submission. The art must be new and never-before-seen! Additionally, one artist may submit multiple art pieces, but only one of their pieces can win.
  5. We will be taking submissions until October 10th. After that, the Gods, Demon Lords, Founders, mods, and I will vote on our favorites.
And of course, remember that the ultimate goal is to have fun! Thank you to everyone who decides to join
:ChibiNancyLove:
I've seen some really good fan-art on the discord. Even though I'm not talented enough to participate, I'm pretty excited to see what others cook up.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020

There were clues to what Alex would perceive as a compliment. They didn't point directly to complimenting her pen (which I don't think she cared that much about). But away from complimenting her beauty or tattoos or swimming skills, because those are the easy compliments everyone gives. Her liking the pen compliment wasn't about the pen. It was about choosing something that most people wouldn't. And being sincere about it.

Reactions: Dunner

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
If Cari decided to continue such a scene separately and promote it, it would become two/three separate routes such as the harem and the non-MC relationship, not only would this interfere with the development plan, it would also ruin the balance of the plot and interest in many LI!
I dont know how you think I meant this as a separate route. It would be one scene.

Because I am pretty sure, people who dont care about Penny would care even less about scenes of Penny with another Dude.

(Personally, I just want to see the world burn. I just love crybabies who pick a dumb choice and then cry that this dumb choice is bad)

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I think the dev kinda hinted at the "Pen" option being the correct choice given that it stood out the most among the other possible "compliments" you could give Alex - since it is fairly obvious that she must get all those other stuff complimented daily, Orion complimenting her pen makes Orion stand out to her, in a sea of other worshippers she encounters daily.
I dont know, this is a very obscure things IMO.

I mean, I get the overall intention, obviously Alex hears a lot of those compliments of others who want to get in her pants. And she is also kind of the cool personality, one of those you dont get easy with standard compliments.

But I am not really the kind of guy who can get behind saying that someone has a beautiful pen. In the game, you get an option to say this and even this is kinda obscure. Just imagine you dont have these options and a friend of yours tells you to compliment her pen. You would think that this friend lost his marbels.

Last edited:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
(Personally, I just want to see the world burn. I just love crybabies who pick a dumb choice and then cry that this dumb choice is bad)
You underestimate the people who will want a continuation of a different path where you rejected Penny and she is with another guy and their plot continues longer and how a separate story progresse, If dev decides to create something like this drama and plot...

Should Cari waste her time on this? But knowing how many people have been enjoying the "Bad ending" other games and its continuation of the story lately, the developer will be under pressure from fans.

It's not about crying people, but extra hassle on both sides, those who want bad endings and those who follow the plot. I'm certainly not against drama, only if it matters or where we are shown an alternative like a bad ending "What if..." after a wrong choice, but wasting your nerves is not for Cari, but let him decide what's best. Personally, I've never been particularly keen on bad endings or not refusing LI, I just go my own way and enjoy them)))

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Honestly Penny with another guy would just needlessly lead to tons of additional renders and dialogue over the course of the game if you want to do it right. And yeah...there would be a minor shit storm as well, especially by the Penny stans that would never even see the scene. But the option being there that she is the girl to kinda cuck Orion, even if it is only an option...why would Cari ever do that to himself? :HideThePain:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
You underestimate the people who will want a continuation of a different path where you rejected Penny and she is with another guy and their plot continues longer and how a separate story progresse, If dev decides to create something like this drama and plot...

Should Cari waste her time on this? But knowing how many people have been enjoying the "Bad ending" other games and its continuation of the story lately, the developer will be under pressure from fans.

It's not about crying people, but extra hassle on both sides, those who want bad endings and those who follow the plot. I'm certainly not against drama, only if it matters or where we are shown an alternative like a bad ending "What if..." after a wrong choice, but wasting your nerves is not for Cari, but let him decide what's best. Personally, I've never been particularly keen on bad endings or not refusing LI, I just go my own way and enjoy them)))
I think it is pretty clear that there will never be a path in this game like that. But it is clear that if you reject a LI (or simply fuck up), their life will go on and they will be together with someone else.

But I dont think that this should really be a fleshed out path, because in the end, this game does not feature NTR and therefore nobody should expect that much commitment to such a path. And while some certainly will hope for it, they will really be a minority.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
For Dalia that one was pretty obvious but I could see some girls being more of a "no means yes" kind of girl. Doesn't seem to fit for any of the Eternum girls other than maybe Alex though. She seems to like it kind of rough.
I always assume a no means no, so I would never choose that option for Dalia or anyone (I did try it out of curiosity to see how bad she reacted, but that´s not the canon playthrough, it´s more of a what if scenario). Every girl that has had a penetration sex scene has liked it rough. Dalia said she can take it harder than her sister and I can´t wait to see that happening.
Alex is more of a flirty girl, she seems to like to push boundaries just to see where the MC might go. I mean, if she really wasn´t in the mood, she wouldn´t be walking around in a shirt and thong and then take off her shirt like no big deal.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I always assume a no means no, so I would never choose that option for Dalia or anyone (I did try it out of curiosity to see how bad she reacted, but that´s not the canon playthrough, it´s more of a what if scenario). Every girl that has had a penetration sex scene has liked it rough. Dalia said she can take it harder than her sister and I can´t wait to see that happening.
Alex is more of a flirty girl, she seems to like to push boundaries just to see where the MC might go. I mean, if she really wasn´t in the mood, she wouldn´t be walking around in a shirt and thong and then take off her shirt like no big deal.
Yeah I just meant Alex seemed the closest to enjoying being dominated, that final sex scene being the most clear cut example to me. I'm talking about more the type who likes to put up a little "token resistance" and then be dominated and none of the Eternum girls really seem to be that type. I have seen plenty of other games where they have girls who fit that mold though. Just need to set it up so it's clear that it's a "no means yes" scenario rather than a rape scenario. The first type I find pretty hot. The second type I'm not into.

Bill Burr has a hilarious comedy routine that explains the difference better than I did.

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
I bet that the time Cari spent thinking of the pen compliment is a fraction of the time people here spend analyzing it, and I'm glad that's the case, because with that level of attention of detail we would be waiting for update 0.4 at this point rather than for 0.8.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Yeah I just meant Alex seemed the closest to enjoying being dominated, that final sex scene being the most clear cut example to me. I'm talking about more the type who likes to put up a little "token resistance" and then be dominated and none of the Eternum girls really seem to be that type. I have seen plenty of other games where they have girls who fit that mold though. Just need to set it up so it's clear that it's a "no means yes" scenario rather than a rape scenario. The first type I find pretty hot. The second type I'm not into.

Bill Burr has a hilarious comedy routine that explains the difference better than I did.
I think that Alex just has that whole tough girl thing going on but then once you break through it, she just...wants it. Idk, in the scene with the MC you see her teasing and teasing and then she didn´t let him touch her but then it´s okay if it´s just the tip and suddenly she´s hammering him on the couch. She really wanted it and had no idea how bad. The final act, with the MC pounding her on the floor (by the way, my favourite part of all the sex scenes in the game so far) is just Orion realizing how bad he wanted it too. It´s him saying "We´re done when I´m done".

I know that Bill Burr, it´s hilarious and true.

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
If there is one criticism I would level at Eternum that it would be that a lot of the decisions are kinda pointless to begin with.

View attachment 4016536

You can either thank Nancy for bringing you a coffee or not. Guess which choice will increase her heart rating with Orion... :HideThePain:
We both know the correct option should be to take the coffee from her, pin her on the nearest surface, give her a deep passionate kiss and then ravage her like in the elevator scene:BootyTime:
GIVE YOUR RESIDENT HAG LOVE, PASSION AND RAW LUST!
HAG LOVE GOKU.png
[4chan moment over]
I bet that the time Cari spent thinking of the pen compliment is a fraction of the time people here spend analyzing it, and I'm glad that's the case, because with that level of attention of detail we would be waiting for update 0.4 at this point rather than for 0.8.
Why did you say pen? Is it a code for something?
kowalski analyse.jpg
Kowalski: Alexandra's pen is an object that reminds her of her grandmother. Probably.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
If you know any psychology, the pen isn't that difficult to come up with. She's a rich girl, smokin' hot, tat-rebel that's used to being sucked up too, but isn't into all of that (you can deduce some of this before the scene). When the choices are the "small brain" comments (looks or tats) and there's an alternative that's a little bit odd but not horn dog in any way, that's the obvious and natural choice, and it doesn't take that much devious thinking to write if that's already how you're wired as a writer. Of course, much of this community has difficulty thinking with anything other than the small brain, so I can see how that would be a problem for them.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
^ this. "No means No" is a good approach most of the time, especially in more wholesome games which Eternum is.

And I think the only times where MC is not listening to the LI and it turns out positive is when it is out of control of the player. So I would assume that most if not all negative choices will lead to a lost path or a game over.

Reactions: Zhener
4.80 star(s) 957 Votes