Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Honestly, this game is something else. People did always recommend Eternum, but I wasn't expecting it to be this good. I recently played through this game again in anticipation of the next update, and I'm just as fond of it now as I was back then, if not more so. Massive kudos to the dev for creating this game, and I can't wait to see how the story continues.
Story, characters, overall feel to it, writing is very, very good and entertaining. If you haven't already, I suggest you give a try to Caribdis other game, Once in a Lifetime, less refined cause it's older but still just as entertaining.

Also, played Artemis recently, more mature subjects, but still in the same 'vein', writing-wise, funny as hell then psychological as hell. Then there's also games like Acting Lessons and Being a DIK, again if you haven't played them, you may like.

MishyFam

Feb 27, 2022
Story, characters, overall feel to it, writing is very, very good and entertaining. If you haven't already, I suggest you give a try to Caribdis other game, Once in a Lifetime, less refined cause it's older but still just as entertaining.

Also, played Artemis recently, more mature subjects, but still in the same 'vein', writing-wise, funny as hell then psychological as hell. Then there's also games like Acting Lessons and Being a DIK, again if you haven't played them, you may like.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I have already played them all haha. Actually, Being a DIK is what got me into the AVN genre and showed me that these games can be more than just simple lewd content. Also, I think you got it exactly right with describing why I like this game so much. It's a good thing in my opinion when these games lean more towards the romance aspect and establishes a connection with each characters, but if you can manage that while also being able to write entertaining dialogue, then that's what will make the game become truly special.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasanid

starkj

May 17, 2022

You should try Pale Carnations, it's really good aswell.

Reactions: Sasanid and RyogoTM

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
You should try Pale Carnations, it's really good aswell.
I have this one installed, heard good reviews too, same thing with Depraved Awakening, Broken Dreamers, Chasing Sunsets, Leap of Faith, Light of my Life... I'll have to play them for sure. Took me some time to just try Eternum, just wasn't really in the mood, damn the story really got me, same thing with Artemis.

Suggested some, I know I loved What a Legend because it's art, literally, and funny as hell, with great writing too, in case you didn't try it, I highly suggest it.

For some reasons, I need a real VN with X scenes as a bonus, not the other way around. Maybe that's the reason I don't really care if it takes time between updates, quality takes time, I mean I like NLT medias games like Lust Epidemic, Treasure of Nadia and The Genesis Order, and they get an update out every 2 weeks, but there's like 10-15min of content, not the same thing Caribdis, digi.B, DrPinkCake does.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, and can't wait for Eternum's next update :)

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
I have this one installed, heard good reviews too, same thing with Depraved Awakening, Broken Dreamers, Chasing Sunsets, Leap of Faith, Light of my Life... I'll have to play them for sure. Took me some time to just try Eternum, just wasn't really in the mood, damn the story really got me, same thing with Artemis.

Suggested some, I know I loved What a Legend because it's art, literally, and funny as hell, with great writing too, in case you didn't try it, I highly suggest it.

For some reasons, I need a real VN with X scenes as a bonus, not the other way around. Maybe that's the reason I don't really care if it takes time between updates, quality takes time, I mean I like NLT medias games like Lust Epidemic, Treasure of Nadia and The Genesis Order, and they get an update out every 2 weeks, but there's like 10-15min of content, not the same thing Caribdis, digi.B, DrPinkCake does.

it is a lovely game for sure.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I mean I like NLT medias games like Lust Epidemic, Treasure of Nadia and The Genesis Order, and they get an update out every 2 weeks, but there's like 10-15min of content
I tend to wait a couple of months before downloading the next release of TGO so there is some actual content to play. Sometimes, waiting a bit for an update is not a bad thing.

:cool: Eric Grey

starkj

May 17, 2022

Yeah, there's really good games out there but i recommended Pale Carnations because my favorite games are BaD, Once in a Lifetime and Eternum and PC really took me by surprise, Characters, Story, Graphics, Music are really good and i can't wait for more updates.

Reactions: Darg and Sasanid

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
Yeah, there's really good games out there but i recommended Pale Carnations because my favorite games are BaD, Once in a Lifetime and Eternum and PC really took me by surprise, Characters, Story, Graphics, Music are really good and i can't wait for more updates.
Interesting. PC I been putting off for a while I'll probably go over a try it out since your interest of games are relative to my own.

Reactions: starkj and Sasanid

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Some excellent choices there. Besides Eternum and games mentioned above, Summer's Gone is quietly emerging as my #1. Game has practically no sexual content yet but story and character development is top notch. Other one wort mentioning would be Chasing Sunsets.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
See you in September then.
For this site, maybe. If Caribdis keeps the 1 percent per day progress the update's gonna drop for highest tier patrons around 3rd week of August (which means we scallywags will have to wait for a likely leak around September).

Madman likes to sprint every now and then though. So I wouldn't be surprised if he releases the update way earlier than that and someone leaks it around 4th-final week of August.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
See you in September then.
Let me join the party. Actually the pace of the releases of this game are way above the average, and each update is massive. I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually the fastest paced game in the site.
The delay between updates is progressively getting longer and longer.
I miss the good old times of Once In a Lifetime when it usually took only 2 months between each update.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
The delay between updates is progressively getting longer and longer.
I miss the good old times of Once In a Lifetime when it usually took only 2 months between each update.
Well, the content is getting longer as well per updates. So not a lot of complaints here.
As Caribdis said, "the longer the development, the longer the content".

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
Just wondering does all these people complaining about update ever check how the other top rated games progressing??, most of those games takes at least 3-4 months between update some even longer, also if there was a game that took shorter its usually only had like a 15-20 minutes worth of contents.

Last edited:

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Just wondering does all these people complaining about update ever check how the other top rated games progressing??, most of those games take at least 3-4 months between update some even longer, also if there is a game that took shorter its usually only had like a 15-20 minutes worth of contents.
Most of them complain about the time in every single thread they read. It's very tedious.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
I really think that the gap between updates in Eternum is incredible short for the quality and quantity of content. 2-3 hours at least, 2-3 animated sex scenes every time besides another 2-3 story related animations in only 4-5 months? Man, he is fast.

I only can think about Being a DIK being not better, but comparable with Eternum in that, and DPC have more resources, experience and in a realistic world, so he doesn't need to make a lot of scenarios and situations that consume time and resources, and that's amazing because he can concentrate in the girls and the story, but Caribdis is more ambicious in that and even so he is at the same level? I take my hat off as a sign of respect.

Look at Summer's Gone or Artemis, top quality games that take 8-10 month to make updates with the same quality and duration, and that's the norm, so I understand if you can't wait between updates and will prefer to wait until the game is finally done, but saying that Caribdis is slow? Sorry but is false.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
I really think that the gap between updates in Eternum is incredible short for the quality and quantity of content. 2-3 hours at least, 2-3 animated sex scenes every time besides another 2-3 story related animations in only 4-5 months? Man, he is fast.

I only can think about Being a DIK being not better, but comparable with Eternum in that, and DPC have more resources, experience and in a realistic world, so he doesn't need to make a lot of scenarios and situations that consume time and resources, and that's amazing because he can concentrate in the girls and the story, but Caribdis is more ambicious in that and even so he is at the same level? I take my hat off as a sign of respect.

Look at Summer's Gone or Artemis, top quality games that take 8-10 month to make updates with the same quality and duration, and that's the norm, so I understand if you can't wait between updates and will prefer to wait until the game is finally done, but saying that Caribdis is slow? Sorry but is false.
mhm mhm

*ran out of reactions

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Just wondering does all these people complaining about update ever check how the other top rated games progressing??, most of those games takes at least 3-4 months between update some even longer, also if there is a game that took shorter its usually only had like a 15-20 minutes worth of contents.
They don't. Most of them still have the emotional maturity of a toddler always crying "more more more now now NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!" And most of them are leeches.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes