McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
At this point I wouldn't blame Caribdis if he decided to abort the project.
I don't think he will ever think about abandoning his project, especially because of the early leak of the update.
I agree that this was some sort of disrespect from his biggest patrons, I would have waited at least few days after they received this update if I were them. But it's their business, what's done is done.
But I do not give up the idea that Caribdis will be at least dissatisfied with THAT fast leak.
I hope he himself will come here soon and write everything he thinks about the situation. At least to stop this debate about early leaks, piracy, morality, etc.

Reactions: PeterSBigD

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Eternum [v0.4] [Caribdis] crunched

Info: I recommend using SanchoMod.

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 3,55 GB / 1,11 GB - Eternum-0.4-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,51 GB / 1,08 GB - Eternum-0.4-mac-crunched.zip
= ~31,3% of the original size, image/video quality 80%/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Pillepalle

May 12, 2018
How is the current version in terms of bugs etc?
Was gonna wait until its out of beta for a better experience, but if its already great might aswell get going now.

Vibes2Good

Apr 17, 2020
How is the current version in terms of bugs etc?
Was gonna wait until its out of beta for a better experience, but if its already great might aswell get going now.
Havent seen any bugs on my playthrough tbh. If there are any its not anything big that should ruin your experience

Reactions: Pillepalle

zbunk

Jul 7, 2021
am i the only one that's just astounded by the positive feedback this game is getting? apart from good renders this game doesn't do anything particularly well, the writing is bad, the story is confusing and the humor is horrendous. i understand that everyone can have different opinions, but this game doesn't compare with any of it's peers, i have no idea how this is the top game on this site, it's mediocre at best.

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
am i the only one that's just astounded by the positive feedback this game is getting? apart from good renders this game doesn't do anything particularly well, the writing is bad, the story is confusing and the humor is horrendous. i understand that everyone can have different opinions, but this game doesn't compare with any of it's peers, i have no idea how this is the top game on this site, it's mediocre at best.
If that were the case (in a lot of others eyes) than the game wouldnt be so popular. So I'd say you're in the minority by a large margin.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Another baiter, who's crawling for attention? Or its your genuine opinion?

Jehuty206

Jun 20, 2020
You are indeed the only one.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
why else would i be saying this? i've played a ton of vn's and i'm frankly just a bit surprised.
Oh, okay. I'll be glad to know about your preferences in games. Can you give me some examples of games that you really love on this site? I'm wondering about your taste, if you genuinely dislike Eternum. That's really unexpected.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Uh-oh... jinx!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GOOD LORD! :love:

Luna's father is the 3rd* best character, lol

* After Chang and Mr. Lee, of course

Oh boy, floaty sex!!

This... this doesn't bode well...

heh

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I hope you will forgive me, but I don't agree with you.
The humor isn't something epic like the one of Young Frankestein or Operation Pussycat, but it isn't even bad. On the other hand this isn't a humor focused game; it is more an horror/supernatural/mistery game with some fun moments.
You are right if you say the are some weak points in the storytelling. But (in my opinion) if you read carefully the dialogues, you will find out the game is articulated on three mayor plots, the day by day Orion's life, the mistery about the real nauture of Eternum and the Syndacate behind it and the strive to gather all the Spirit Stones. Moreover the horror elements are veery well done.
It is right that Caribdis relies very much on certain tropes, for example the joke of recurring yet improbable of the character who appears everywhere (Stabby Mike/Chop-chop/Chad…) or the basic concept of various characters (the MILF, the sporting girl…) and this may not be appreciated by all the gamers. It is also right that this game has some weak points in its storytelling, but I don't think these weakpoints are so serious to destroy the overall quality of the game.
It isn't a masterpiece, but not even trash; in my opinion it deserve a 7.5/10 score.

stekegkin

Oct 27, 2017
Not trying to be mean, but.. no, I'm sure you aren't the only one, the other people who don't like it just aren't making a big deal out of its rating in the thread because they understand all the things you listed are subjective and, if they don't like it, they have hundreds of other games that are probably more up their alley and just go play those instead. You don't have to like the humor or its story, but the majority obviously do.

It's also a respected dev that actually finished their past games iirc, which garners a LOT of positivity on its own.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
some of the best i've played are now and then, katawa shoujo, pale carnations and the interim domain.
While I agree with you about Pale Carnations, I can't believe that you said that Eternum has nothing to give except graphics and models. Have you played this game at all? I played Eternum and Pale Carnations 10 times each minimum and can clarify that they're really similar in terms of quality in general (I won't talk about each aspects of these games). Both games are top-notch.
I perfectly understand that all people have different tastes, but to talk about some game that it is incredibly bad, although in terms of overall quality it is comparable (if not even better IMHO, no offense) with your favorite game? This is at least strange.

keklers

Mar 6, 2022
so about v0.4 must i download it from scratch or can i update from previous version? and also what about the saves? do i just copy/paste the file into v0.4?

4.80 star(s) 932 Votes