beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
'Sup Fuckers! I've been avoiding this thread for a while now to avoid any spoilers and to keep my hype for the update contained to myself away from external influences, and Goddamn, it was worth it. This update is even the one that convinced me to pledge my financial support to Caribdis, so good work, you beautiful bastard.

The update was absolutely gorgeous, even more than what you'd expect from Caribdis. The lighting was phenomenal, the humor hit just right, the heist scene- God, the heist scene. I'm not gonna tell you a Goddamn thing about the heist scene so you can go in and appreciate it yourself in its full glory. Those who have played the new update know what I'm talking about.

The H scenes were phenomenal just like you'd expect from Caribdis, and I'll even say that I think they land a lot better due to Orion's better emotional connection to the girls than the protagonist from OIaL. Not that I'm criticizing OIaL at all, just saying that Caribdis has clearly improved as a writer, and we're all the more pleased with it.

But that's not why I'm writing this post! No sir, not at all! I had a thought come to me as I laid my head down to sleep after playing the new update, and I have a theory! A theory I'm well aware has holes in and is incomplete, but I think I'm onto something. So don you're tinfoil hats, gentlemen; it's theory crafting time. (Btw, apologies if I end up stating something someone else has already posted, but like I said, I've avoided the forum for a while now, and I'm not going back and reading all that. I swear, I came up with it myself!)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Okay, just finished the update so it's a little theory time while it's fresh in my mind.

First, great update as always.

I might come up with more when I play thought the update again later, but for now that's really all I got... besides one more thing.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
'Sup Fuckers! I've been avoiding this thread for a while now to avoid any spoilers and to keep my hype for the update contained to myself away from external influences, and Goddamn, it was worth it. This update is even the one that convinced me to pledge my financial support to Caribdis, so good work, you beautiful bastard.

The update was absolutely gorgeous, even more than what you'd expect from Caribdis. The lighting was phenomenal, the humor hit just right, the heist scene- God, the heist scene. I'm not gonna tell you a Goddamn thing about the heist scene so you can go in and appreciate it yourself in its full glory. Those who have played the new update know what I'm talking about.

The H scenes were phenomenal just like you'd expect from Caribdis, and I'll even say that I think they land a lot better due to Orion's better emotional connection to the girls than the protagonist from OIaL. Not that I'm criticizing OIaL at all, just saying that Caribdis has clearly improved as a writer, and we're all the more pleased with it.

But that's not why I'm writing this post! No sir, not at all! I had a thought come to me as I laid my head down to sleep after playing the new update, and I have a theory! A theory I'm well aware has holes in and is incomplete, but I think I'm onto something. So don you're tinfoil hats, gentlemen; it's theory crafting time. (Btw, apologies if I end up stating something someone else has already posted, but like I said, I've avoided the forum for a while now, and I'm not going back and reading all that. I swear, I came up with it myself!)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyMario

minimeatball

Jan 15, 2019
game is great but the blowjobs look so ridiculous lol. i'm guessing the mc's dick is too big to make the mouth look normal (otherwise there'd be clipping) but the overstretching looks so funny and dumb it kinda just takes me out of the scene

Reactions: jhustrue

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
game is great but the blowjobs look so ridiculous lol. i'm guessing the mc's dick is too big to make the mouth look normal (otherwise there'd be clipping) but the overstretching looks so funny and dumb it kinda just takes me out of the scene

Yeah, you're right. That dick is way too thick for their tiny mouths.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021

As an Aside:

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
No I was talking about that after you get the second one, you die on the date in the explosion, and it says on the screen your inventory was reset, but you still get to go to the meeting.

Right but then as someone else pointed out you die in Chapter 4 after that when the space station blows up.
OH did you buyed the pendant of destiny from chop chop for Anne?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Orion has only seen Ben...what, a few times during his stay in Kredon? Compare that to Axel who's been with Ben for way longer (not to mention being the one who's heavily affected by his death), and it's easy to understand why Axel could suddenly recognize Ben out of the blue while Orion doesn't (especially given that the NPC's behavior kinda masks his presence).

Not to mention, some time has passed since Ben's death, and Orion doesn't have a sort of conspiracy/theory board wall in his place with Ben's picture, so it's possible that he might have...I dunno...forgot what Ben looked like (I mean, I personally did until someone pointed it out in this thread)? so no surprise there IMO.

• Thinking Face

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Orion has only seen Ben...what, a few times during his stay in Kredon? Compare that to Axel who's been with Ben for way longer (not to mention being the one who's heavily affected by his death), and it's easy to understand why Axel could suddenly recognize Ben out of the blue while Orion doesn't (especially given that the NPC's behavior kinda masks his presence).

Not to mention, some time has passed since Ben's death, and Orion doesn't have a sort of conspiracy/theory board wall in his place with Ben's picture, so it's possible that he might have...I dunno...forgot what Ben looked like (I mean, I personally did until someone pointed it out in this thread)? so no surprise there IMO.
All of that makes sense. Now it's just a question of what it all means. Is he really just an NPC that has Ben's face for some reason (To test Orion or to mess with Axel or something)? Is he Ben's soul trapped into servitude after his death? Is he an enslaved other version of Ben from some other universe or reality? When a person dies outside Eternum the game (if it is that) would still have a scan of their body that it used to create their avatars in the first place, so could Eternum just create a "clone" within Eternum to fill out a room with NPCs when needed? That would make creating NPCs easier if they just used copies of people who died or stopped playing or something. There are a lot of possibilities for what this could mean.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
All of that makes sense. Now it's just a question of what it all means. Is he really just an NPC that has Ben's face for some reason (To test Orion or to mess with Axel or something)? Is he Ben's soul trapped into servitude after his death? Is he an enslaved other version of Ben from some other universe or reality? When a person dies outside Eternum the game (if it is that) would still have a scan of their body that it used to create their avatars in the first place, so could Eternum just create a "clone" within Eternum to fill out a room with NPCs when needed? That would make creating NPCs easier if they just used copies of people who died or stopped playing or something. There are a lot of possibilities for what this could mean.
Only way to find out is if an NPC's neural link gets removed...which I think may happen sometime in the future. No way is Caribdis going to let that little factoid be left unexplored.

Also, bold for the guy who's selling the neural reconfiguration device to assume that Idriel would have a neural link...because it's pretty likely that she doesn't have one (which could be a shock to anyone who'll try to use that device on her).

4.80 star(s) 911 Votes