NightPhoenix

Jun 16, 2018
I really enjoy that they updated Annies' favourite movie after the station scene small details like that really make the game go from great to awesome. Updates are timely and add a decent amount for time taken and the characters keep getting written better and better. All this is why Caribdis is now one of my favourite creators. This doesn't need any sexual content to be a great game so its almost a shame its limited to just the adult games community.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yeah, you're right. That dick is way too thick for their tiny mouths.
Always the same in modern AVNs and one reason why I don't support almost every last one of them using comically large dicks.
Another one is vaginal intercourse. Ask any female how "fun" it is getting their cervix hit. Scene would be over there and then.
It's also such a cheap plot device for why the woman would even want to sleep with MC at that point. "Because dick big." Such a lame and tired trope. Most women who actually have experiences with that size realistically would be put off by it. Not to mention literal vigins as is often the case in these games.

kenwaty

Jan 19, 2020
I think the protagonist should stop acting like playing game for the first time. I know this is his first time in virtual reality. But at least he had to play some games before.
The story is about gamers and he ( actually us ) acts like some bad fuck boy between them.

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
Never knew you could die in this update, seems like in 2 ways too, wow. Andromeda was really a trap !

Glad I'm still level 7 and I wonder if this affect anything at all later on.

Reactions: DirtyMario
Jul 7, 2022
Always the same in modern AVNs and one reason why I don't support almost every last one of them using comically large dicks.
Another one is vaginal intercourse. Ask any female how "fun" it is getting their cervix hit. Scene would be over there and then.
It's also such a cheap plot device for why the woman would even want to sleep with MC at that point. "Because dick big." Such a lame and tired trope. Most women who actually have experiences with that size realistically would be put off by it. Not to mention literal vigins as is often the case in these games.
Yes, a bruised cervix is not fun. That shit hurts.
Regarding "size", it varies...some do, some don't. One of my friends loves getting hammered with salami sized dicks.
It is a tiresome trope in many of these VNs that the MC is hung like a horse, but then realism is not a staple ingredient in them.

Okay, carry on boys :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I think he should stop saying babe\baby during sex so much, it's too hard to fap while laughing
The "babe" thing is a bit over the top in this release, didn't really notice it that much earlier in the game but I did in the new update. Dirty talk in general is a bit silly for me in most games. Guy or girl side doesn't matter. The way they go from "please be gentle" to "YES TAKE THAT CUM BABY" is just hilarious. But hey, no kink shaming. Some people seem to like it.

It is a tiresome trope in many of these VNs that the MC is hung like a horse, but then realism is not a staple ingredient in them.
Wait, you're saying I can't harem my way through life in reality? Hmm, that would explain a few things. :HideThePain:

Jul 7, 2022
The "babe" thing is a bit over the top in this release, didn't really notice it that much earlier in the game but I did in the new update. Dirty talk in general is a bit silly for me in most games. Guy or girl side doesn't matter. The way they go from "please be gentle" to "YES TAKE THAT CUM BABY" is just hilarious. But hey, no kink shaming. Some people seem to like it.

Wait, you're saying I can't harem my way through life in reality? Hmm, that would explain a few things. :HideThePain:
Not unless your first name is Sheik and you have a fleet of supercars :giggle:

Reactions: DirtyMario

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, except the Astaroth of Orion's world is dead. Caribdis revealed a while back that this story is basically set a few years after OIAL, with hints of that connection shown throughout the course of the story (i.e. Stabby Mike being former president, Hiromi the drug dealer being name-dropped in that server where Orion met those Fox Maidens).

So again: why use subterfuge when he could just kidnap Orion and use him from the get go when there is no other power that could stop him at the moment? The protagonist of OIAL? I highly doubt it considering that the ending of OIAL implied that he left the grimoire (and with that, his demonic powers) behind as he continued his journey with his harem (which is canon btw). Stabby Mike? He nearly got himself killed fighting OIAL Astaroth. What could he possibly do against one that would likely be stronger than that?

Also, I suppose the biggest reason why this whole theory of yours doesn't sit right with me is how it doesn't seem to mesh with how the story is currently being told. We are constantly being told, either through dialogue hints or cryptic bullshit or glitches and whatnot that the lines between what we think is real and the reality of Eternum is a constant blur that it leads one to start questioning reality itself. I wouldn't even be surprised if one of the bad endings of this game will have Orion be committed to a mental asylum due to him ultimately becoming so paranoid as to what is real and what isn't that his mind just breaks completely.

Furthermore, unlike OIAL, the way the story is told in this is more "unraveling a mystery/finding answers" rather than "stopping an evil cult from - ." Every update basically unravels new insights about the nature of Eternum in general, new lore that either debunks or expands theories for discussion, new twists that have dire implications in the story's future. But unlike OIAL, all of it is in service of trying to uncover the truth. This even extends to how dialogue is delivered, the story being a lot more introspective and takes more time in talking about dreams - both in terms of what the character wants to achieve and the experience of dreaming itself (courtesy of Orion's nightmares) - and its ties to the story's themes of the blurring of fantasy and reality. Compare that to OIAL, where the story beats and most of the dialogue are quite straightforward about the urgency of stopping the Sons of Astaroth from enacting their dastardly plans. Sure, there's some cryptic stuff here and there, but they're not as shrouded in mystery as the stuff we currently get in Eternum.

So to have all of that ultimately lead to a reprised showdown against version 2.0 of a big bad from OIAL - one that we have already technically defeated as a player - just seems so...anticlimactic...and a big tonal shift as to what the story is going for at the moment.

Last edited:

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
So to have all of that ultimately lead to a reprised showdown against version 2.0 of a big bad from OIAL - one that we have already technically defeated as a player - just seems so...anticlimactic...and a big tonal shift as to what the story is going for at the moment.
I think we're thinking a bit too technical here, it's still a game and built to be one. There will most certainly be a big bad for us to defeat at the end, and I guess we have just met him face to face for the first time at the end of 0.4.
I don't even want to try to predict what twists and turns Caribdis has in store for us until then.

Best moment in Eternum for me was Nova and her dad doing the creepy murder scene. I laughed so hard at that.
I love Nova, she's wicked.
Luna, but I understand. Looks like a great self insert too.

Aug 15, 2021
There's a very high probability that he's the one:4Head:
I think there is a very low probability personally. Thantanos had a good look at orion's face during their fight - if william was thantanos, he would easily be able to recognize him given what Alex said about him remembering other peoples faces.

Thantanos also talks about eternum being better than the real world because the powerful can do what they want there - I dont think william would make such comments given he has actual power in the real world to ruin people's lives, cover up deaths etc.

William might know 'why calypso was created' but this update brings even that into question given Alex's phone conversation where she says even william does not get to meet the founder. It could be that despite his status william might not know everything there is to know about eternum as the founder simply does not respect him enough and is using William in a way. To William, eternum might be just some tech company and he simply helps with things like covering up deaths etc using his status/influence in the real world. If both the founder and thantanos are the 'immortals' calypso mentioned and if they are different people then it makes sense if thantanos knows more about eternum than william including why calypso was created.

Reactions: pedrobece7

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
My bad, yep Luna. Alex is awesome too.
I love how the dev comes up with their distinct personalities and traits. The whole gloves thing with Luna was intriguing.
Alex is best girl, period.
But I hope now that there's a "checkmark" on one of the main LIs we get to see some more content with girls like Luna and Penelope.

Jul 7, 2022
Alex is best girl, period.
But I hope now that there's a "checkmark" on one of the main LIs we get to see some more content with girls like Luna and Penelope.
Yep, she's a badass for sure. Hates ass kissers, hates her family, drives a bike and has ink. My kind of girl :devilish:
Agreed, Luna needs more love. She's sweet, but has that wicked, dry humor thing going on. Cool combo.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think we're thinking a bit too technical here, it's still a game and built to be one. There will most certainly be a big bad for us to defeat at the end, and I guess we have just met him face to face for the first time at the end of 0.4.
I don't even want to try to predict what twists and turns Caribdis has in store for us until then.
Well yeah, we do (though I'm pretty sure the "defeat in the end" is debatable...still leaning on the "Thanatos is the final encounter despite not being the big bad" scenario being a thing). All I just said was that having Astaroth - whether it be a resurrected version of him or another version from a different reality - as the true identity of the Founder doesn't sit right with me because his entire schtick and portrayal back in OIAL tonally clashes with what we currently know about the Founder and the general direction of the story as a whole. Better for the Founder to be a different demon or entity rather than a rehash of something that we've already fought as players, as it would allow the mystery aspect of the story to continue playing out as we dive deeper into his motivations and true reasons as to why he "created" the means to enter Eternum and organize the contest for the Gems of Doom in the first place (because I sure as hell don't think it's a 1 to 1 scenario as "Ready Player One," despite what some people in this thread might think).

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 911 Votes