Leache

May 17, 2017
Colour me impressed

I dodged this till yesterday because of the thumbnails and description. Let's be serious: college, mom and two sisters combined with HoneySelect thumbnails screems "your usual VN with same content over and over".

And now I got to seriously admit "don't judge a book by it's cover" - interesting characters, awesome storytelling and simply fun to play. The game atmosphere is at least up to vis if not even better and the thematic surroundings astonishing.

Chapeau to the developer and thanks for this masterpiece (y)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You're not wrong, I joke about Nova being number one but really, they are all great.
All the girls are terrific, but I adore Nova and Annie, and I'm really curious about Luna. Alex, Nancy, Dalia and Penny all seem to have great confidence and "alpha" tendencies (not that Nova isn't pretty alpha in her own way). I like the girls that, with a bit of TLC and encouragement, really come into their own and realize they're just as badass as the others - they're still more "buds" while the others have come to blossom.

I think we get that "budding" dynamic more with Nova, Annie and Luna and I'm looking forward to seeing it happen. Then there's Calypso, who is an entirely different kind of character with her own kind of appeal.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Colour me impressed

I dodged this till yesterday because of the thumbnails and description. Let's be serious: college, mom and two sisters combined with HoneySelect thumbnails screems "your usual VN with same content over and over".

And now I got to seriously admit "don't judge a book by it's cover" - interesting characters, awesome storytelling and simply fun to play. The game atmosphere is at least up to vis if not even better and the thematic surroundings astonishing.

Chapeau to the developer and thanks for this masterpiece (y)
You should give his other game a shot as well, ironically same "school, mom and two sisters" archetype but completely different story (tho thats not entirely true given the plot reveal at the end) Honeyselect used to be cringe to me until I discovered Caribdis

Reactions: Leache

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
did by any chance King Slayer100 android port get updated to fix the transitions between scenes? i got the 0.4 version a few days ago, but when there is a hearth transition or something like that, the game throws an error.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
That's the mystery, innit? How is a person from 1979 able to dream of a monster that exists in Eternum (which in turn inspired said person to create the "Aliens" film) when the game hasn't been invented yet? One possible theory is that the audio log is implying that Eternum is a dimension that can be accessed through dreams, and that Ulysses has been lying about what it really is -and by extension what the neural implant technology actually does- this whole time. Hell, even the mysterious person in the Ulysses party (the guy who started monologuing about the statues) is implying that the entire thing isn't just "a video game," and that it could be something else entirely.

Or you could argue that the Founder stole the concept of Eternum from the "Aliens" creator and turned it into a VRMMO and that the mysterious person from the party is off his rocker. That...works too I guess?
Oh, I must have missed some details while listening to the tape. I didn't see the part where it says the xenomorph in Eternum inspired the creation of Aliens. I thought it was the other way around, which would be normal. When and where did Isaac Clarke meet the person from 1979? I completely missed that.

Reactions: crustlord12

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Oh, I must have missed some details while listening to the tape. I didn't see the part where it says the xenomorph in Eternum inspired the creation of Aliens. I thought it was the other way around, which would be normal. When and where did Isaac Clarke meet the person from 1979? I completely missed that.
I think what was said by Isaac, if I remember right, is that he started looking up things about what he saw and what was happening, it reminded him of the movie and then he read that the creator of Aliens said he had a dream that inspired them. He never met anyone from 1979, that was just when the interview he was reading happened.

Reactions: crustlord12

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I think what was said by Isaac, if I remember right, is that he started looking up things about what he saw and what was happening, it reminded him of the movie and then he read that the creator of Aliens said he had a dream that inspired them. He never met anyone from 1979, that was just when the interview he was reading happened.
Oh ok. That makes sense now. Oh, I get it now. Orion keeps having different dreams. Orion waking up in a morgue. Orion keeps coming back from near-death experiences. Eternum is Requiem.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
The connection of Eternum and OIALT bothers me so much, I mean in OIALT the chaos started when the MC opened a basement with files and computers on it, this also makes me wonder, WHY ARE THEY USING COMPUTER IF THEY WANTED TO REVIVE SOMEONE OR OBTAIN IMMORTALITY!! I mean they should be using sacrifices, rituals, and chants to obtain something like that. Is there a chance that the sons of astaroth where creating or trying to connect with Eternum to obtain power to If yes how?? And also most of the sons of astaroth has no magical ability, I mean Lilith could be experimented herself or she could be a real monster. Also there is a chance that the creator won't show up because they all get killed by the OIALT MC. And from what I've known eternum is just released in the almost end part of the story in OIALT I don't really remember so correct me if I'm wrong. I mean this is just a theory this could be wrong.

Reactions: sageproduct

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The connection of Eternum and OIALT bothers me so much, I mean in OIALT the chaos started when the MC opened a basement with files and computers on it, this also makes me wonder, WHY ARE THEY USING COMPUTER IF THEY WANTED TO REVIVE SOMEONE OR OBTAIN IMMORTALITY!! I mean they should be using sacrifices, rituals, and chants to obtain something like that. Is there a chance that the sons of astaroth where creating or trying to connect with Eternum to obtain power to If yes how?? And also most of the sons of astaroth has no magical ability, I mean Lilith could be experimented herself or she could be a real monster. Also there is a chance that the creator won't show up because they all get killed by the OIALT MC. And from what I've known eternum is just released in the almost end part of the story in OIALT I don't really remember so correct me if I'm wrong. I mean this is just a theory this could be wrong.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No, no. You have it backwards and upside-down bud.
  • First time Isaac mentions in Log#43: "... if this is some kind of twisted reference to that old Alien movie it's not funny at all" (Note he mentions "old Alien movie").
  • Second time Isaac mentions in Log#48: "...my first though was to see if maybe the Alien movie could provide more context, turns out the creators only made it after having a dream about the concept so no luck there."
  • In Log#48 he goes on to say he looked to see if there was some Eternum in-game tie-in with the Alien franchise to promote the series "...but no. No sort of collaboration between the two at all."
  • Logs #55 & #67 contain a bit more context and Isaac mentions having to kill an "infected" girl who had been attacked along with her friend and that he noticed a ID card for a company they may have worked for, possibly a dating service.

Last edited:
Reactions: pedrobece7

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
No, no. You have it backwards and upside-down bud.
  • First time Isaac mentions in Log#43: "... if this is some kind of twisted reference to that old Alien movie it's not funny at all" (Note he mentions "old Alien movie").
  • Second time Isaac mentions in Log#48: "...my first though was to see if maybe the Alien movie could provide more context, turns out the creators only made it after having a dream about the concept so no luck there."
  • In Log#48 he goes on to say he looked to see if there was some Eternum in-game tie-in with the Alien franchise to promote the series "...but no. No sort of collaboration between the two at all."
  • Logs #55 & #67 contain a bit more context and Isaac mentions having to kill an "infected" girl who had been attacked along with her friend and that he noticed a ID card for a company they may have worked for, possibly a dating service.
Thanks for going through the trouble of listing them out. Yeah I got the sequence of the events wrong the first time. I understand the 50 years part now. Basically Isaac or Orion deduced the dream that inspired the Alien movie was this Andromeda server. Luckily, it wasn't inspired by Mass Effect: Andromeda.

• Sad
Reactions: JoeTheMC84
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes