LostGhost

May 16, 2021
Yeah that explains why Nancy acting like she saw her daughter after so many years, acting so exicited etc to completly stranger etc :) And there is lots of thing like that. Its totaly feels like: Father and Mother break up, Father take MC and Annie and Mother take Dallia and Penelope. After years MC and his sister wants to see their family again. For me its looks pretty clear, but i gues some people cant see :)
The characters relationships looked well made and clear your theory is not fitting mc clearly tells about Annie's parents and he met her in Europe and for Nancy her husband left her while she's pregnant and mc left and his father left the place while he was 7 years old

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
The characters relationships looked well made and clear your theory is not fitting mc clearly tells about Annie's parents and he met her in Europe and for Nancy her husband left her while she's pregnant and mc left and his father left the place while he was 7 years old
I'm talking about things cannot change, you are talking about things can be changed.

If you dont get it let me explain: the things im telling are scenes we have not just ''dialogues'' and you cant chage them. But your arguments about dialogues and with just little edit you can change them. So the things you tell is just text while things im telling is actual scenes and vibes :D

Reactions: RabidSloth

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
I
I'm talking about things cannot change, you are talking about things can be changed.

If you dont get it let me explain: the things im telling are scenes we have not just ''dialogues'' and you cant chage them. But your arguments about dialogues and with just little edit you can change them. So the things you tell is just text while things im telling is actual scenes and vibes :D
I don't see it maybe I'm not perverted enough

• Angry
Reactions: RandyPhoenix

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

The vibes you are sensing are that she is a mother figure to MC. But here is the thing: you don't need to be the biological mom to be a mother figure. You don't even need to be related at all.

Reactions: anon50097

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
My 2 cents worth on this incest firestorm.

Incest is one of my favorite game kinks. This game not only doesn't need it, it wouldn't flow properly with it, and IMHO would be the worse for it. For one, you'd lose the whole "best friend" scene at the front which is hilarious.

My favorite cake is chocolate, but I don't want every cake I eat to be chocolate. I like a little variety.

Dev seems to indicate "no incest" so might as well quit trying to get it. I'd say if someone wants to make a patch and completely rewrite the dialog, or just edit the script files that's up to them.

Just my opinion.

anon50097

May 6, 2020
This game actually has some of the best writing I've seen from an H game so far lol, the conversation with Eva before you smash is just actually good writing no matter the format or content!

HS2 art style is great too, keep it up and thank you!

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
My 2 cents worth on this incest firestorm.

Incest is one of my favorite game kinks. This game not only doesn't need it, it wouldn't flow properly with it, and IMHO would be the worse for it. For one, you'd lose the whole "best friend" scene at the front which is hilarious.

My favorite cake is chocolate, but I don't want every cake I eat to be chocolate. I like a little variety.

Dev seems to indicate "no incest" so might as well quit trying to get it. I'd say if someone wants to make a patch and completely rewrite the dialog, or just edit the script files that's up to them.

Just my opinion.

I guess this is mostly because incest games tend to start out by the MC moving back in with his mother and sisters. Which is similar to the scenario here so it triggers their "incest detector". But even without incest it's just a good/easy/natural scenario to have the MC be close to a few girls/women and have interactions with them.

The game is more than fine without incest. Caribdis does an excellent job with his writing in this as he did with Once in a Lifetime.

But there's always the hardcore fetishists that want their fix. Just look a Where the Heart Is. People have made an incest mod because the scenario was close enough even though it breaks breaks the story of the game in major ways.

Reactions: HogRocket

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
I am also a "big" fan of Incest Games, but I see absolutely no reason to bring this in at any price? The story and the possibilities are more than enough, aren't they?

Immersive design, great graphics and sound/music, really delicious and interesting girls...
I am more than happy at the moment!

Baguett

Aug 28, 2021
Actually a truly amazing game, extremely well done content its still so good that i question how long it's gonna take to get anywhere with it tho unfortunately :(

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
I thought the idea of player in-game death causing them to lose ALL of their items and money was dumb in Ready Player One as a world building detail, and it seems dumb here too, especially with currency being directly transferable to real world money. Even worse with the restarting from level 1 aspect, too (although with player's stats being based off their real-world body, it's not exactly clear what levels do). The only MMORPG I can think of that does that is Runescape, and that's a specific mode you opt into on character creation, not the default. It seems like lots of people would be permanently turned off from a game where after anywhere from a dozen or hundreds of hours were spent progressing they lost everything and had to start from scratch.

That aside, it's hardly deal breaker for me narratively, and I'm loving everything else.

AwsHen

Oct 13, 2018
I thought the idea of player in-game death causing them to lose ALL of their items and money was dumb in Ready Player One as a world building detail, and it seems dumb here too, especially with currency being directly transferable to real world money. Even worse with the restarting from level 1 aspect, too (although with player's stats being based off their real-world body, it's not exactly clear what levels do). The only MMORPG I can think of that does that is Runescape, and that's a specific mode you opt into on character creation, not the default. It seems like lots of people would be permanently turned off from a game where after anywhere from a dozen or hundreds of hours were spent progressing they lost everything and had to start from scratch.
I don't think so as this is the only availabe game with true VR experience so even with all the drawbacks you have pointed out people will still dig it, because it is not only unique but also provides a close to real experience in different fantasy worlds, nothing can compae to it tbh.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

That aside, it's hardly deal breaker for me narratively, and I'm loving everything else.
People managed to put up with Ultima Online despite the permanent item loss on unclaimed corpses after a certain amount of time.

People managed to put up with Everquest despite the XP loss upon death and the countless corpse runs.

People managed put up with WoW Classic despite the constant player griefing, toxic community, grindy quests, and the need to download various addons to be competent in raids that forced you to dedicate a large chunk of time and effort while coordinating 39 other neckbeards to follow mechanics and hopefully (HOPEFULLY) not cause a wipe.

People managed to put up with FFXIV ARR despite the cookie-cutter quest design, the MSQ gating that forces you to go through it to unlock a large chunk of the game's features (unless you pay for story skip), the shitty PvP, and the endgame experience which has pretty much stayed the same for nearly a decade.

You'd be surprised with what people are willing to put up with so long as they're having fun.

Reactions: raponchi

Gwydion

Apr 14, 2018
Great see Caribdis getting Eternum up and running.

Looking at the front-page description and the tags though, I REALLY hope there's no rape in this - or at the very least, for any and all nonconsensual content to be completely avoidable, whether that be rape, coerced sex, blackmail, prostitution, or the like.
Or torture, being the other thing mentioned in the description that makes me wary.

• Sad
Reactions: CopyCatKen

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Great see Caribdis getting Eternum up and running.

Looking at the front-page description and the tags though, I REALLY hope there's no rape in this - or at the very least, for any and all nonconsensual content to be completely avoidable, whether that be rape, coerced sex, blackmail, prostitution, or the like.
Or torture, being the other thing mentioned in the description that makes me wary.
For now there is a rape attempt scene and a very soft not forced prostituition event. The latter optional.

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
People managed to put up with Ultima Online despite the permanent item loss on unclaimed corpses after a certain amount of time.

People managed to put up with Everquest despite the XP loss upon death and the countless corpse runs.

People managed put up with WoW Classic despite the constant player griefing, toxic community, grindy quests, and the need to download various addons to be competent in raids that forced you to dedicate a large chunk of time and effort while coordinating 39 other neckbeards to follow mechanics and hopefully (HOPEFULLY) not cause a wipe.

People managed to put up with FFXIV ARR despite the cookie-cutter quest design, the MSQ gating that forces you to go through it to unlock a large chunk of the game's features (unless you pay for story skip), the shitty PvP, and the endgame experience which has pretty much stayed the same for nearly a decade.

You'd be surprised with what people are willing to put up with so long as they're having fun.
Ehhhhhhh... relative to the rest of the population, a few hopeless nerds put up with Ultima Online and Everquest. Those games were never mainstream. WoW was popular, but mentioning raids is pointless, because Blizzard's own stats indicate that the majority (like 90+%) of people who played WoW back in the day never really raided. Comparing those games to Eternum makes no sense. Eternum became, according to the in game logic, such a cash cow that the company that made it became the largest company in the world by far on the back of this one game. That means it's broadly appealing to a huge percentage of the population, and the notion that a large percentage of the population would accept this "Lose everything when you die" situation is... a stretch, to say the least. Many people who consider themselves gamers don't even like that kind of permadeath experience. Much less people who's normal gaming experience is playing CandyCrush on their phone.

TL;DR: Eternum is a massively popular mainstream game in universe, comparing it to games in real life that only appealed to the most hardcore of hardcore gamers is not really valid.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes