NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
So most of the girls have at least one lewd scene already except Luna. Do you guys think it will happen anytime soon? Maybe at the day of the dead?
I know technically there is no lewd scene with Penelope either, but we did get to see her naked irl but with Luna only an illusion.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
"Reality", worst game ever. Thumbs down, 0/10.
The grind is absurd, every game day is the same as the previous. The devs keep saying the late game rewards justify the grind, but by the time you reach the endgame you don't enjoy them anymore. Some starting classes are ridicolously OP, the game is absolutely unbalanced.
Yes, the graphics and sfx are outstanding but that's it. Not recommended.
And that's all for today's installment of "Existential Crisis".

Now, back to our regularly scheduled mundane monotony, presented to you in living color.

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan741

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
We're talking about Reality as a bad game and not Eternum tho...tho as far as being a game is concerned Eternum itself has a lot of problems that I can see:

-No tutorial. You get a briefing from Idriel about the rules and the contest. That's pretty much it. So unless you have a friend who can guide you with the basics, a solo blind jump into the game is probably not recommended unless you're the kind of person who learns quick on their feet

Then again, no tutorial is fine so long as there are pop-ups explaining shit. Except there are none because...

-UI is completely non-existent. I mean, you can make the argument that it's immersive that way but...come on, even minimalist games have some sort of UI or HUD. Having no UI is just flat out lazy IMO

-No way of being able to modify physical appearance (save for clothing, makeup, and hairstyle) unless you do so IRL

-Levels do nothing except act as a sort of reputation/prestige system, and you lose that reputation/prestige whenever you die

-Build variety is limited due to IRL physical stats affecting in-game stats like Strength, Speed, and Dexterity. So if I want to play as a tank I can't do it because I'm basically a stick figure and I need to hit the gym if I want to do so. Thrilling

-Logging out is a chore, almost as bad as FF14 1.0

-Some NPC appearances are (possibly) modeled after dead people, which could cause psychological stress to the user. Like, why is this even a thing? This is basically a lawsuit waiting to happen

-Item security is bad...like, really really bad. The fact that your items can get stolen by players even if you pay top-notch security shouldn't be a thing. We should've left that shit back in Everquest and Lineage I. Totally unnecessary feature IMO and should be disabled in casual servers

-No built-in automatic report system to call admin/GMs in case you witness something illegal that's happening. Instead, you'll just have to sit tight and hope that the system is able to flag said activity and quickly send the Praetorians to clean house. Works well if the system is able to flag that activity quickly...but then someone got the bright idea of making Praetorians killable when they shouldn't since they're the ones enforcing the rules. Totally bad design that's just begging for abuse if you have the tools like, say, a Weapon of Atlas or something of similar caliber

I could go on, but those are just at the top of my head at the moment...

(And yes, I know there are probably story reasons as to why the issues regarding Eternum exist. However, as an actual MMORPG, the issues are the kind of stuff that gamers will likely complain about on the internet if Eternum was actually a real thing lol)
No tutorial? Wasn't Penelope doing extensive research about the game and its play before logging in for the first time? Of course, yeah, that isn't an "in-game", but, still...

Reactions: sageproduct

throwme

Nov 1, 2017
I just started playing this game yesterday and love most of the aspects of the game (the unique premise, renders, comedy etc.), but I am starting to hate the useless MC who is getting stupider as the game progresses. I feel like the the story is rushed without giving enough time for character building and progression! Who in their right mind goes to a pvp server without any weapons or armor at lvl 0 and expects to keep a legendary item that he stupidly carries. For the sake of story and exposition the MC keeps doing stupid things and asking dumb questions. I guess this would be a way for the dev to add more tags as the brainless MC keeps getting into these situations where he can just spout bullsh*t but can't do sh*t.

It would have been nice to unravel the world of Eternum slowly as the MC learns about it, but noooo! lets skip that and we'll go straight to collecting the stones with 0 lvl, 0 weapon, 0 armor and hope that the brainless excuse for an MC can protect the stones, his friends and family. I wouldn't have minded this if he atleast learnt from this and decided to do something about it, but ofc not our MC has to always go dick first into these situations and forget about them after getting royally fcked, so lets rinse and repeat them till all the tags are included in the game. At this point I am rooting more for Thanatos.

Also, the amount of nonsense he spouts/thinks is also absurd and frustrating, the major plot points are ignored in favor of bs* comedy which feels cheap after the initial few times. What happened to the 1st phonebooth call? whats the point of the dreams if there are no followups? ofc who cares about them! lets forget that and instead see where the dick leads me. This also leads to inconsistency in characters as they keep doing out of character things to accommodate the lame comedy and rushed story. Which would be ok if it had lots of sex. But, it tries to do all and fulfill nothing.

I don't expect much from games on this site and I don't play them for great story, but I had enjoyed the beginning of the game and was expecting more from it, so it's frustrating to see it go downhill so fast. Maybe I am in a minority who feels this way. But, I do hope the 2nd half(which I am about to play) gets better.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I just started playing this game yesterday and love most of the aspects of the game (the unique premise, renders, comedy etc.), but I am starting to hate the useless MC who is getting stupider as the game progresses. I feel like the the story is rushed without giving enough time for character building and progression! Who in their right mind goes to a pvp server without any weapons or armor at lvl 0 and expects to keep a legendary item that he stupidly carries. For the sake of story and exposition the MC keeps doing stupid things and asking dumb questions. I guess this would be a way for the dev to add more tags as the brainless MC keeps getting into these situations where he can just spout bullsh*t but can't do sh*t.

It would have been nice to unravel the world of Eternum slowly as the MC learns about it, but noooo! lets skip that and we'll go straight to collecting the stones with 0 lvl, 0 weapon, 0 armor and hope that the brainless excuse for an MC can protect the stones, his friends and family. I wouldn't have minded this if he atleast learnt from this and decided to do something about it, but ofc not our MC has to always go dick first into these situations and forget about them after getting royally fcked, so lets rinse and repeat them till all the tags are included in the game. At this point I am rooting more for Thanatos.

Also, the amount of nonsense he spouts/thinks is also absurd and frustrating, the major plot points are ignored in favor of bs* comedy which feels cheap after the initial few times. What happened to the 1st phonebooth call? whats the point of the dreams if there are no followups? ofc who cares about them! lets forget that and instead see where the dick leads me. This also leads to inconsistency in characters as they keep doing out of character things to accommodate the lame comedy and rushed story. Which would be ok if it had lots of sex. But, it tries to do all and fulfill nothing.

I don't expect much from games on this site and I don't play them for great story, but I had enjoyed the beginning of the game and was expecting more from it, so it's frustrating to see it go downhill so fast. Maybe I am in a minority who feels this way. But, I do hope the 2nd half(which I am about to play) gets better.
Bless your heart!

throwme

Nov 1, 2017
I would suggest you to play Once in a Lifetime the first Caribdis's game.
The MC there looked really goofy as well at first then... I don't want to spoil nothing to you, but if you really want to understand how Carbdis work, play OIAL and then re-think what happened in Eternum so far, Orion is less stupid than you think. :)
You might be right and maybe I just jumped the gun, I'll add that OIAL to my list and push forward with this one to see where it leads. I hope it gets better from here. To be honest I was really loosing interest in it and was just going to unren it to check the later half.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
You might be right and maybe I just jumped the gun, I'll add that OIAL to my list and push forward with this one to see where it leads. I hope it gets better from here. To be honest I was really loosing interest in it and was just going to unren it to check the later half.
It's understandable don't you worry, Caribdis is a careful planner OIAL started in a similar fashion with the MC looking like no more than a doofus, but as soon as the plot thickened well everything changed, and while he kept the humor, he grew as a character.
The same thing is happening with Orion, Caribdis is great on making the growth of their characters flow steadily as the story goes on, instead of making them looks like invincible gods from the start everything happen naturally, and that is way more believable imho.
It's one of his (many) forte. :)

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I believe a warning should be given to players that haven't played Once in a Lifetime before they try Eternum. Maybe that'll help them understand how the developer creates the story around and the events that will follow after. And they better use the walkthrough in order to not miss any content and can enjoy the game at its full potential (in regards to the canon ending).

Edit: It'll also be helpful to those players who are faint of heart to get accustomed to the horror, given that both games have it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

throwme

Nov 1, 2017
It's understandable don't you worry, Caribdis is a careful planner OIAL started in a similar fashion with the MC looking like no more than a doofus, but as soon as the plot thickened well everything changed, and while he kept the humor, he grew as a character.
The same thing is happening with Orion, Caribdis is great on making the growth of their characters flow steadily as the story goes on, instead of making them looks like invincible gods from the start everything happen naturally, and that is way more believable imho.
I was not expecting an overpowered invincible god mc, but atleast a competent MC who can do something or learn from his mistakes and grow. The way I see it right now (till the mission with Nova and Alex) he is incompetent, inexperienced and overconfident (despite previous missions). He is very eager to pick fights in his real world and within game despite not having anything to backup against the overwhelming odds of the enemies. I believe you when you say that Caribdis would handle the character growth properly as I play along, but right now MC is already gunning for the end game when he has not even learnt to walk yet. Maybe it would have been more believable if the difference in strength wasn't this absurd in the beginning, I just hope there are not many as*pulls later to bridge the gap.

throwme

Nov 1, 2017
I believe a warning should be given to players that haven't played Once in a Lifetime before they try Eternum. Maybe that'll help them understand how the developer creates the story around and the events that will follow after. And they better use the walkthrough in order to not miss any content and can enjoy the game at its full potential (in regards to the canon ending).
So you think I should play that game before continuing with this? Is that game connected/prequel to this or just to understand the devs method of storytelling?

jocoyo

May 9, 2018
So most of the girls have at least one lewd scene already except Luna. Do you guys think it will happen anytime soon? Maybe at the day of the dead?
I know technically there is no lewd scene with Penelope either, but we did get to see her naked irl but with Luna only an illusion.
Since next update should include Luna's Day of the Dead party and Penelope's costume party, I think we're guaranteed a scene with both of them.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021

Edit: It'll also be helpful to those players who are faint of heart given the horror that both games have.
Interesting, kind of like the idea, although I did play Eternum first, absolutely loved it, and then played Once in a Lifetime.

Also, starting Eternum, I thought Orion looked REALLY weird, but now it all just feels normal.

Reactions: ArDZer

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021

I actually think OIAL isn't very representative of what can be expected from Eternum. OIAL was a lot more traditional in terms of settings in that the MC had a dysfunctional father, sisters, mother, classmates that drool for him. The MC also, well, didn't grow that much over the course of the game. I mean, the only time he showed any supernatural powers was at the end.

Eternum is a lot closer to anime. You could see elements from Sword Art Online, Evangelion, Dragon Ball and so on. Those probably can give you a better idea of what's to expect in Eternum.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
So you think I should play that game before continuing with this? Is that game connected/prequel to this or just to understand the devs method of storytelling?
There's connection, yes. Some characters from Once in a Lifetime are mentioned in certain parts of the story, a certain dangerous organization is also mentioned. There's even the secret ending:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I was not expecting an overpowered invincible god mc, but atleast a competent MC who can do something or learn from his mistakes and grow. The way I see it right now (till the mission with Nova and Alex) he is incompetent, inexperienced and overconfident (despite previous missions). He is very eager to pick fights in his real world and within game despite not having anything to backup against the overwhelming odds of the enemies. I believe you when you say that Caribdis would handle the character growth properly as I play along, but right now MC is already gunning for the end game when he has not even learnt to walk yet. Maybe it would have been more believable if the difference in strength wasn't this absurd in the beginning, I just hope there are not many as*pulls later to bridge the gap.
And he do, Orion is a young man not an experienced man with years of wisdom on his shoulders, that a common mistake that many players do, they project their knowledge of how thing goes in game forgetting that the MC can't honestly be at that level.
Orion answered pretty well for someone that was pushed into a game bigger than him.
Remember that, aside of wanting to be inside Eternum he didn't have any experience in the game and, in a matter of few times he was able to be at the same level of more experienced players like Dalia, Anne and even Nova and Alex.
You mustn't forget he's still a kid not grown up man, and this make all the difference, as the game will progress he will be up to the task at hand.
And yes there's a tie between OIAL and Eternum, they are inside the same universe and you will see once you will play it, i would suggest you to stop Eternum ( if you didn't already finished it) and complete OIAL first, you will understand Caribdis MO more after.

4.80 star(s) 931 Votes