Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That's the thing, I just feel that the story is way too rushed where not enough time is put in char growth and just rushing towards end game. I just finished the part where they(the kids) are now planning for a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
without taking any time to gain any experience. I would agree with you both if they were not gunning for world changing events. But, then keeping that age in mind this would tell me that I should not take the story seriously as it would either go swimmingly (the mega corp is incompetent), fail badly(MC didn't learn anything) or it would be just comic with as*pulls. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.

In any case I don't hate the game, the production quality, renders and music everything is great which kind of raised my expectation for the story as well. Otherwise I would have just played it as multiple other harem academy stories on this site.
Well the story have a fast paced rythym on that I agree, but I think it's a choice made by Caribdis.
As the game will progress ( consider were not even at half of it), things will set and he will take time to go in depth with the characters.
Of course you need to consider that Orion started from zero in comparison with the others and having in part a competitive nature and for the other finding himself in "game" ( sorry for the pun) bigger than him he's racing to catch up, and that can give the impression of a rushed game, but this is the problem with an incomplete game, sometimes it can deceive you, because you don't have the entire picture to help you figure out.
I was uncertain if play Eternum for that, because having played OIAL before I was certain that it's the type of games that have a complex lore and that needed to be played only when completed.
But honestly I couldn't resist and I played it neverthless. :)

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yeah I understand you were explaining that to him. I don't know, I just don't think the MC grew that much in OIAL, and that's not a bad thing to me, because solving a mystery is also a good story.
I agree with you that the mystery was probably most interesting part of OIAL, and I wasn't talking of a big growth of the MC like let's say he started as very lighthearted characters and then became a superhero, that would've been an exxageration from me.
It was more to let him understand how Caribdis manage his characters, and mostly to not be so rushed in finding the MC lacking certain abilities or wisdom in facing certain situations in the game.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggestDickest

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
If Caridbis wanted to introduce the 'Tutorial' element in the game, it could have just been handled in a scene where Orion put the suit on and there is a skip of a few hours after which the first girl (i don't remember the name) asked Orion how was it to get through the tutorial. Yet, cinematographically, it would have sucked as much as a real life game tutorial. A story protagonist or another character close enough who is the 'narrator', like Watson in Sherlock Holmes stories, for example, is meant to be the reader/viewer surrogate to whom the story and the world are explained, so the reader/viewer can understand them too without an explanatory introduction. Orions first experience in Eternum was supposed to convey to us player the same sense of wonder and surprise that he felt when first entering such a realistic simulation. So it had to be a full in dive for us too. Out of the blue. Full immersion. And it was needed that the story went this way also to introduce the first mystery boxes from the Eternum Lady (can't remember the name).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I've been playing my AVNs in update order and finally got back to Eternum. I know - some wonder how that could be but I've kind of become an expert at delayed gratification.

I saw this line and thought, no, not Annie - there's no way she'd need that particular remedy!

Reactions: Walter Victor

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I agree with you that the mystery was probably most interesting part of OIAL, and I wasn't talking of a big growth of the MC like let's say he started as very lighthearted characters and then became a superhero, that would've been an exxageration from me.
Just as a friendly discussion, the difference between the MC in OIAL and Orion in Eternum is particularly stark for me, because of how Orion is said to have 100% compatibility with Eternum (which is kinda like the synchronisation in Evangelion where it later goes up to 400% ^.^, but you see the room for growth), and his growing control over his subconscious form (which is kinda like Hollowification in Bleach or Ultra Instinct in Dragon Ball, both of which are later used under control). So there's a lot of room for growth for Orion, and he has already shown signs of it in the arena fight. That's what I mean by him having more character growth than the MC in OIAL, who may have become more mature over the course of the game but didn't really show any signs of superpower.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Just as a friendly discussion, the difference between the MC in OIAL and Orion in Eternum is particularly stark for me, because of how Orion is said to have 100% compatibility with Eternum (which is kinda like the synchronisation in Evangelion where it later goes up to 400% ^.^, but you see the room for growth), and his growing control over his subconscious form (which is kinda like Hollowification in Bleach or Ultra Instinct in Dragon Ball, both of which are later used under control). So there's a lot of room for growth for Orion, and he has already shown signs of it in the arena fight. That's what I mean by him having more character growth than the MC in OIAL, who may have become more mature over the course of the game but didn't really show any signs of superpower.
i agree with you on that, on this side Eternum is definitely better then OIAL, and that's a sign of how Caribdis became better as a storyteller, he's dedicating more time in showing how Orion is taking conscience of his skills and how to improve them and this make Eternum so enjoyable.
The difference is certainly abysmal, and I expected it considering how OIAL improved after is first half, and Eternum is another huge step forward.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Does anyone know how I could join the Discord server? The link on first page is broken but I saw this post:
I think this works:
I followed this link and clicked on the button to join but nothing happens. I can see the channels for a moment and also the button to the server on the left but than it all disappears. My account is new. I deleted my old account. Could this be the reason? Is there a restriction how old an account has to be if you want to join?

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
You're not wrong, and it'd be a tough game to get into at first because of it, but the following points aren't entirely true:

-No way of being able to modify physical appearance (save for clothing, makeup, and hairstyle) unless you do so IRL

-Levels do nothing except act as a sort of reputation/prestige system, and you lose that reputation/prestige whenever you die

You can become a shapeshifter, which allows for pretty radical physical appearance changes.

Levels at the very least can be requirements for certain spells if you're pursuing magic - which suggests it might gate other things.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Does anyone know how I could join the Discord server? The link on first page is broken but I saw this post:
I followed this link and clicked on the button to join but nothing happens. I can see the channels for a moment and also the button to the server on the left but than it all disappears. My account is new. I deleted my old account. Could this be the reason? Is there a restriction how old an account has to be if you want to join?
Have you checked your DMs in discord? Some servers send newly joined members Dm to verify them, to get a reaction. Or they tell you to pick a role. That are things that could pervent a bot from spamming.

I am to lazzy to join the server again, but have you done what the bot in the welcome channel told you?

1668951292245.png

Reactions: Tremonia

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You can become a shapeshifter, which allows for pretty radical physical appearance changes.
It ain't permanent though. Plus I was referring to something similar to a race/appearance/body type system akin to most MMOs. So far the only way your appearance can be permanently altered ingame is if a server alters your body the moment you enter it (though I feel like that's akin to an art style change more than the kind I'd like to go for).

Levels at the very least can be requirements for certain spells if you're pursuing magic - which suggests it might gate other things.
I don't think it's a requirement. Probably more along the lines of "this spell becomes available for purchase or the quest that provides this particular spell becomes available to you at this particular level but you can still cast spells if a higher-level player gives you a tome." I mean, look at Penny. She's basically Level 1 but she's still able to learn summoning at that particular level (albeit the summon she got was weak), plus she got a tome from winning the Warthogs challenge and I don't recall the headmaster telling her that she won't be able to learn the spell/s from the tome unless she's at a certain level. There's also Orion, who's able to summon a godlike being like Calypso even in his current level (although that's likely because she's linked to him in some way considering he was the one who freed her and all).

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I don't think it's a requirement. Probably more along the lines of "this spell becomes available for purchase or the quest that provides this particular spell becomes available to you at this particular level but you can still cast spells if a higher-level player gives you a tome." I mean, look at Penny. She's basically Level 1 but she's still able to learn summoning at that particular level (albeit the summon she got was weak), plus she got a tome from winning the Warthogs challenge and I don't recall the headmaster telling her that she won't be able to learn the spell/s from the tome unless she's at a certain level. There's also Orion, who's able to summon a godlike being like Calypso even in his current level (although that's likely because she's linked to him in some way considering he was the one who freed her and all).
In the Warthogs storyarch, at some point, one of the girls says she's holding onto a spell she can't use until she's a certain level if I recall correctly, which is where my statement comes from. I'm too lazy to go delving for the specifics, though, and my memory isn't infallible, so I could be wrong.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Have you checked your DMs in discord? Some servers send newly joined members Dm to verify them, to get a reaction. Or they tell you to pick a role. That are things that could pervent a bot from spamming.
That's the first I've checked but there wasn't any message.
I am to lazzy to join the server again, but have you done what the bot in the welcome channel told you?
There's nothing I can read and follow. I'm on this server maybe for a second. I can see the server button on the left and I see all the channels. But after a second, could be shorter than a second, it disappears. The button on the left is away and all my other servers climbed a place up in the list. It looks like I'm on the server for this second and than he kicks me out.

Thank you for answering me and trying to help.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
In the Warthogs storyarch, at some point, one of the girls says she's holding onto a spell she can't use until she's a certain level if I recall correctly, which is where my statement comes from. I'm too lazy to go delving for the specifics, though, and my memory isn't infallible, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, I ran through the entire Warthogs story arc (again) and saw this. I concede that you were right about the level requirement for spells, at least.

Huh03.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019

Anyway, I ran through the entire Warthogs story arc and saw this. I concede that you were right about the levels, at least.

View attachment 2182160
Your spoilered section also mentions levelling up getting you access to "special abilities and upgraded equipment". It seems like your level doesn't provide extreme benefits, but it's not entirely just a reputation system either.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Your spoilered section also mentions levelling up getting you access to "special abilities and upgraded equipment". It seems like your level doesn't provide extreme benefits, but it's not entirely just a reputation system either.
I dunno, it kinda sounds like a simplified version of WoW's rep system to me (where you get rewards if you gain a certain rep level). I say simplified because at least with Eternum's system you don't have to grind like a no-lifer who lives in someone's basement because you only have one system to level...unlike in WoW's case where you have a bunch of different factions that you have to grind rep for (on top of the other progression systems that you have to do) if you want to stay competitive.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
View attachment 2182500
Ain't no way that bra is fitting her
It could be one of those situations where the cup and circumference are all wrong, but she should still get it on. If she's, for example, a 34D, she could probably get on a 38B and it wouldn't hurt her, but it wouldn't exactly support her.

Or maybe she and Annie have something going on that they aren't telling anybody about. ;)

Aug 15, 2021

I am not active on his discord server - I only go there when there is a release however I have been a patreon since v1 of the game. Basically the rules were tightened because anytime there is a release some cunt tries to harass the developer.

For example during previous release someone made a bot to spam non-patreons links to the leaked demon-lord tier beta release. Now I am not going to preach about piracy on a pirate forum but you can imagine how shitty the developer must have felt. There was similar drama during the 0.3 release as well. I believe the requirements now are that you need to either be a patreon and do the patreon -> discord account sync or require a verified account. I am not sure what the verification entails (if it is verification with phone, verification with email etc).

I believe the above was true during the time of 0.4 release - I have not entered the discord server since then so it is possible requirements may have changed. You can try reaching out to the developer directly on patreon if you want to know the exact set of requirements.

Edit: also tagging Tremonia since you had asked the original question.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
/Sips coffee while replaying Eternum after a hard drive death and replacement made him lose his old saves so he has to restart

/Reaches the part where Orion gets his first Gem of Doom

Brain: ...Maybe it's in the name...

Me: ...I'm sorry?

Brain: "Gem of Doom." We get a gem after helping 2 NPCs who were doomed to die in a fire. The gem is essentially a token that represents a doom that had happened.

Me: ...

Brain: Think it's plausible?

Me: ...I mean we have no idea how the other gems are formed, so...

Brain: True, true. Best wait for 0.5 or a later update that would reveal the truth.

Me: ...Mhm...

Brain: ...But think of the implications if-

Me: GOD DAMN IT DON'T MAKE ME STAY AWAKE AGAIN ALL NIGHT JUST THINKING ABOUT IT STAHP-

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 931 Votes