Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Got done with my playthrough, and the use of Pachelbel's Cannon during the scene's with Alex at the mansion were sublime.

One of my favorite pieces of all time, and it just fit so perfectly there.

I'd always wanted to do an arrangement for two trumpets and organ, but haven't played in so long, I probably don't have the chops for it anymore. Not to mention, 32nd note runs take a lot out of you...

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Got done with my playthrough, and the use of Pachelbel's Cannon during the scene's with Alex at the mansion were sublime.

One of my favorite pieces of all time, and it just fit so perfectly there.

I'd always wanted to do an arrangement for two trumpets and organ, but haven't played in so long, I probably don't have the chops for it anymore. Not to mention, 32nd note runs take a lot out of you...
The minimal musical training I've done included playing the baseline on piano in a chamber class. Also one of my favorite pieces of music.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The minimal musical training I've done included playing the baseline on piano in a chamber class. Also one of my favorite pieces of music.
I was introduced to the piece in a youth choir. Sang first tenor. Just looking at the sheet music and seeing/hearing our pianist playing it was simply amazing - those 32nd note runs weren't single notes, but chords. She frequently looked drained after we did it, and we always gave her an ovation afterwards - even teenagers can respect some things.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I was introduced to the piece in a youth choir. Sang first tenor. Just looking at the sheet music and seeing/hearing our pianist playing it was simply amazing - those 32nd note runs weren't single notes, but chords. She frequently looked drained after we did it, and we always gave her an ovation afterwards - even teenagers can respect some things.
Yea, I never performed that (the violins always did) ... but I practiced. I never got more than half-way through a line before my fingers broke down on the timing. I can whistle the whole thing though ;-)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I realized I had a save point from early in the game when you could choose to what to buy from Chop-Chop, the gem/jewel or the glasses (there were other options, but they weren't really of interest), so I thought I'd do a speed run from that point to see if I missed anything good. I mean, with those glasses, you get to see not a single damn thing, and I have to spread this out to make people think it might be interesting, but the replay WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! There was the issue at the end, though, when you were with the alien and about to die, but the modder saved you.

• Haha
Reactions: cib64 and Elhemeer

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I realized I had a save point from early in the game when you could choose to what to buy from Chop-Chop, the gem/jewel or the glasses (there were other options, but they weren't really of interest), so I thought I'd do a speed run from that point to see if I missed anything good. I mean, with those glasses, you get to see not a single damn thing, and I have to spread this out to make people think it might be interesting, but the replay WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! There was the issue at the end, though, when you were with the alien and about to die, but the modder saved you.
good to know the glasses aren't being used (at least for now, though i'm starting to doubt if theyll ever be in use, since its a VN and not sandbox-like), wouldve done a playthrough myself just to find out after the game got a few more updates, thank you for your service and saving everyone else's time

Reactions: Elhemeer

websmith

Feb 8, 2020
I must say thumbs up for this game.
The renders do not do it much for me - its too anime - but the story is awesome and makes the renders less relevant :)
Keep up the good work, its an amazing story - and I love how you "borrow" from movies etc.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Is this a harem game, where the hero can get all the girls, or is a dating sim where I'll need to pick at the end?

And how bad is it to double book Saturday with Alexandra and Nancy?

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Is this a harem game, where the hero can get all the girls, or is a dating sim where I'll need to pick at the end?

And how bad is it to double book Saturday with Alexandra and Nancy?
I think its a mix...but not fully harem...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is my game broken already? I'm staring at a black screen right after the intro about clicking the heart and whatnot.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Is my game broken already? I'm staring at a black screen right after the intro about clicking the heart and whatnot.
If clicking on the screen or holding down control doesn't get you past the black screen, then in all likelihood "yes" ... try a clean install.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If clicking on the screen or holding down control doesn't get you past the black screen, then in all likelihood "yes" ... try a clean install.
Not sure what you mean by install. I just downloaded it and there are no errors in the log or during the extraction.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
So many praises on the story of this game, I think it's about time I play Eternum. Still playing another game right now but I started to think it's a mistake putting off Eternum in my backlog for this long because I've read more and more from people how good the story is and I feel like I should have play it sooner.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes