Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Happy New Year Fellow People Of Culture :coffee::cool:(y)

Also why is Caribdis posting here. Aren't we sort of pirating his game. Don't we get updated when he launches supporter tier?
Practically speaking this site (at least for me) is better built for finding CULTURED content since it specializes on it.

For example: I used to browse itchio but then one of the devs there had a link to this site and since then I found plenty of banggers thus I stayed here.
So I believe, besides the points the others made above me, ease of access to this sort of content may be one of the big factors as well.

Can I share this to Sony and Sega
Yeah good luck with that. It's like telling Nintendo not to sue their fans when..... hold on, seems I got a package...
Nintendo cease and desist.jpeg

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
i personly find dalia to be a bit bitchy and a mean person. she might fool the player into thinking she's a lovable partner, but in reality she's a mean idividual who takes the opportunity to shame people. i remember a scene where she was body shaming a random girl and being sassy for nothing, even if that girl was a bit bitchy herself or whatever.

TLDR.. Nova best girl
...Is there a particular reason why you're only singling out Dalia for body shaming when Alex herself is also in on it?

CharSag.png

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
As for Charlotte, I can only extrapolate from Axel's other known "friend." He might only have been involved with Axel because he (Axel) is a Bardot and has money and influence accordingly. So it can't be excluded that Charlotte is similarly (though showing less unpleasant character traits like Benjamin) minded. Alex's body shaming of Charlotte is accordingly less active body contempt but more a sign of Alex's dislike for her. Doesn't make it better, though we know little about past interactions between the two. It could well be that Charlotte tried to endear herself to Alex at some point, but unlike Axel, she had a better sense of character traits and quickly saw through her.

Apart from that, we have to give Alex credit for playing Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite for her brother. So she is definitely a woman of culture.

Come to think of it, the scene also mirrors somewhere the encounter between Orion and Axel at the beginning of Update 2. Less physical, but no less of a hit.

Reactions: jenniferanistonfan

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Happy New Year. This is one of the best games I played. Great characters, great story. Funny too. I laught really hard in few scenes (Alex/Axel, Nancy/emperor). Keep going Caribdis.

Reactions: ArDZer and Caribdis

Croftic

Jul 20, 2017
My opinion on the best girl:

if I try to be more objective, then I come to the conclusion that Alex is overall the best girl (personality + appearance). but IRL you have to be a gigachad to have a chance with this type of girl, and even if you manage to get her interested, keeping her with you will also be a challenge, so

Annie is a best options for normies like me just a super cute, nice shy girl.

also I can't help mentioning Dalia. It's my personall preference i like sports girl.

To be honest almost every girl in this game is very well done. And its difficult to choose one. I like the fact that Caribdis works hard on the personalities and inner world of each girl, and does not make them soulless sex toys for the main character (like in other games). This is really cool.

Eventually:
Alex is objectively the best girl
Dalia is subjectively the best girl
Annie is the best girl for real life (I mean, if they all would have existed in real life and you had to choose)

Last edited:

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dalia just chilling there completely unfazed is one of the best parts of this scene

I don't even care if anyone tries to wave it off as "eh dev just chose less work instead of more". it's just gold

IRL you have to be a gigachad to have a chance with this type of girl, and even if you manage to get her interested, keeping her with you will also be a challenge, so
Nonono, we all know the literal actual gigachad got rejected by Penny

The "unremarkable MC somehow instantly gets girls falling in love with him" genre trope is actually a profoundly aware phenomena of the medium.

The player character of Once in a Lifetime, as well as Orion, are NOT ordinary fellows AT ALL in terms of their character.

They are both extraordinarily compassionate, courageous, and fortitudinous individuals.

The vast majority of adult men in our world couldn't remotely come close to having the strength of character that they already have at age 18.

THINK:

-How many guys would actually take the initiative in the cafe of telling Penny's fan take to his hand off her waist?

-How many guys would actually walk up to Tom and tell him to leave Lauren alone?

-How many guys would actually directly come to Annie's defense against Axel?

-How many guys would actually hold Luna's hand, with love and understanding of her feelings about her mother, and be able to reassure her of having support and care?

-How many guys would actually be genuine enough to (Once in a Lifetime) persistently chase down their schoolteacher right before her wedding just because they care that much about her choosing what she truly wants for herself?

-How many guys would have the virtue to, (Once in a Lifetime) after kicking the ASS of the overly-aggressive bully in Tom, who is bigger than stronger than him and even pulled out a KNIFE, choose not to tell Lauren about it even as he is suffering the injuries that are surely preventing him from easily impressing her with his physical prowess? (NOT saying it's good to not report violence and crime or to hide these things from loved ones, I am highlighting his heart reason for not telling her)

-How many guys would have the love to repeatedly be willing to risk or even sacrifice his life for the sake of his loved ones?

Most guys are anti-confrontational. Most guys are scared of coming off a self-righteous buzzkill. Most guys are too confined by the social pressures of what's considered socially appropriate or not, to take risks in the best interests of those they love.

Most guys might see these things and do nothing, and then idly wonder or complain about it later.

And most guys are too captivated and triggered by beauty, caught up in the moment when in front of an exceptionally beautiful woman (which all the love interests are) to truly have the mental space to actually be present with HER, the person, who is sharing that moment.

The two player characters' internal monologue is filled with lustful admiration for the bodies of all the ladies. But when interacting with them in a serious way (the opposite is shown with humor/color at times), their sheer beauty is NEVER a distraction for him treating them with love, care, and respect, for being extremely understanding of them, and placing their safety and well-being before his own.

Forget the spectacular genitalia or even the (Once in a Lifetime) powers of Astaroth. Neither player character is rich, powerful, particularly charismatic or socially well-connected, or (noted in-game to be) physically attractive. Neither is socially popular with the ladies. They lack all the things that weak men tell themselves women care about, because it's easier for weak men to tell themselves that the real reason women aren't interested in them is because they lack 6 figures, 6 feet, or a 6 pack, rather than because they fall short in having a genuinely loving nature and character.

The two protagonists are extraordinary in their virtue and capability of loving, and it naturally follows they star in extraordinary stories and relationships.

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Dalia just chilling there completely unfazed is one of the best parts of this scene

I don't even care if anyone tries to wave it off as "eh dev just chose less work instead of more". it's just gold

The "unremarkable MC somehow instantly gets girls falling in love with him" genre trope is actually a profoundly aware phenomena of the medium.

The player character of Once in a Lifetime, as well as Orion, are NOT ordinary fellows AT ALL in terms of their character.

They are both extraordinarily compassionate, courageous, and fortitudinous individuals.

The vast majority of adult men in our world couldn't remotely come close to having the strength of character that they already have at age 18.

THINK:

-How many guys would actually take the initiative in the cafe of telling Penny's fan take to his hand off her waist?

-How many guys would actually walk up to Tom and tell him to leave Lauren alone?

-How many guys would actually hold Luna's hand, with love and understanding of her feelings about her mother, and be able to reassure her of having support and care?

-How many guys would actually be genuine enough to (Once in a Lifetime) persistently chase down their schoolteacher right before her wedding just because they care that much about her choosing what she truly wants for herself?

-How many guys would have the virtue to, (Once in a Lifetime) after kicking the ASS of the overly-aggressive bully in Tom, who is bigger than stronger than him and even pulled out a KNIFE, choose not to tell Lauren about it even as he is suffering the injuries that are surely preventing him from easily impressing her with his physical prowess? (NOT saying it's good to not report violence and crime or to hide these things from loved ones, I am highlighting his heart reason for not telling her)

-How many guys would have the love to repeatedly be willing to risk or even sacrifice his life for the sake of his loved ones?

Most guys are anti-confrontational. Most guys are scared of coming off a self-righteous buzzkill. Most guys are too confined by the social pressures of what's considered socially appropriate or not, to take risks in the best interests of those they love.

Most guys might see these things and do nothing, and then idly wonder or complain about it later.

And most guys are too captivated and triggered by beauty, caught up in the moment when in front of an exceptionally beautiful woman (which all the love interests are) to truly have the mental space to actually be present with HER, the person, who is sharing that moment.

The two player characters' internal monologue is filled with lustful admiration for the bodies of all the ladies. But when interacting with them in a serious way (the opposite is shown with humor/color at times), their sheer beauty is NEVER a distraction for him treating them with love, care, and respect, for being extremely understanding of them, and placing their safety and well-being before his own.

Forget the spectacular genitalia or even the (Once in a Lifetime) powers of Astaroth. Neither player character is rich, powerful, particularly charismatic or socially well-connected, or (noted in-game to be) physically attractive. Neither is socially popular with the ladies. They lack all the things that weak men tell themselves women care about, because it's easier for weak men to tell themselves that the real reason women aren't interested in them is because they lack 6 figures, 6 feet, or a 6 pack, rather than because they fall short in having a genuinely loving nature and character.

The two protagonists are extraordinary in their virtue and capability of loving, and it naturally follows they star in extraordinary stories and relationships.
Based take, it's not about being a gigachad or whatever, the MCs deserve their harems just by being good people. For self inserts, they're honestly not written half bad.

Besides, any IRL Alex worth their salt wouldn't be jumping into the arms of the typical image of a Chad imo.

Drakenite

Aug 16, 2021

THINK:

It's not quite that simple. On paper it seems like it is, but reality hits hard when you think you are doing the right thing and end up getting negative response claiming that they don't want any of your "toxic masculinity" and/or can fully handle/take care of themselves. That's why I made it clear on my earlier post that this game is enjoyable in the sense that I don't have to think about these decisions. I know my kind actions will be reciprocated positively.

I agree partially with your arguments that it should be the right thing to help if someone looks like they need it (at least to my understanding that is what you're implying), and yes both games teach valuable lessons on courage, confidence and communication. However, just expect in life it is not always clear what the right choice is. If you were to focus on the loved ones vs. strangers, then perhaps the loved ones would be more likely to receive these actions in a positive light. Strangers are more of a gamble. The "social pressures" that you have defined definitely affects the way one thinks on how to approach the situation. I would say it comes down to how well you know the person.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
Based take, it's not about being a gigachad or whatever, the MCs deserve their harems just by being good people. For self inserts, they're honestly not written half bad.

Besides, any IRL Alex worth their salt wouldn't be jumping into the arms of the typical image of a Chad imo.
Come on we all know that Chang is the Chaddest of all the Chads.
Orion must be the "Main Character"
But Chang is the "Gigachads among the gigachads".

thisguy420

Aug 9, 2021

THINK:

Think it depends on your upbringing and where you're from. I answered yes to most of your situations, I think many of my friends would as well. Obviously I ain't chasing down no schoolteacher at her wedding, but things like defending Annie from Axel isn't even a question--I wouldn't even hesitate.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Come on we all know that Chang is the Chaddest of all the Chads.
Orion must be the "Main Character"
But Chang is the "Gigachads among the gigachads".
A little correction that could be added would be "Leaves with the girl of his dreams". Hope the mad lad gets his lass in the end.

Reactions: An known

AceZ_

Jul 23, 2019

THINK:

This is why I love Eternum and other similar VNs, because despite porn logic and semi-cringey dialogue I can extrapolate life lessons from it. Striving to be someone worthy of a harem has unironically made me a better person. I've started to put the desires of people that I care about over my own laziness and made me more attentive because I wanted to be this kind of admirable person. I understand the insanity behind basing your ideal self off a sex game of all things but imo there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a better person regardless of your source of desire for improvement.

Thank you Caribdis for literally changing my life. Can't wait to see what the new update brings! Every release (including oialt) so far has not missed.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Every other girl pleasures the MC, she gets the MC to pleasure her
every other girl tries to be the best, she takes the purple without trying
every other girl buys her way into Eternum, she takes it and is thanked for it.

Debate who's best girl as much as you want if you insist on denying it's Nova
but Eternum has only one Woman
1672626452352.png

4.80 star(s) 931 Votes