Feb 17, 2018
Caribdis stated that Eternum will end with 1.0 version right? If what i heard is correct, that means with the next update we will be halfway through the game, right?

In fact, if we think that 2 maximum 3 updates are made per year, it will take about 2 years - 2 years and a half just to reach "V1.0"(V0.10). And after that they will be numbered with "0.11, 0.12, 0.13, etc.", this mean at least 3 years minimum (for about 7 updates) to develop the game. So don't worry, it won't end soon. It will take probable 3-4 years to finish developing the game, maybe even more.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
1.0 means the finished version (in this context) so that's when it will end yes, disregarding any extra content releases. The dot is not a decimal point however, so for instance 0.1 and 0.10 are two completely different things (1st and 10th update, respectively), and 0.9 isn't automatically followed by 1.0.

I feel like there should be a site wide sticky on how software versioning works.
What we can do is educate them by leaving these comments.
You're both mistaken.
There are several ways to approach software versioning, most devs here go by the "Change significance" approach.
Other ways to approach this, like Semantic versioning, also do not refer to 1.0.0 as the "finished" version.

Just a few more days...
...A few more days until the weekend...
...A few more days until we finally get the release schedule...
...Stay calm...stay calm...
...You can get through this...it's only a few days...
...Stay calm...
i think the highest tier supporters are getting it in 5 days, so its probably ready (or 99.9% last checks ready)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You gotta hate it when the person you're posting after was the last post that will fit, thus ruining your joke and stealing your joy.

Maybe we should find something off-topic or inflammatory to report on page 419 and help them out. :)
I mean, the closest thing is all the OIAL talk, right? Not sure that would fly with Caribdis ...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You should not be fapping anyway, a spry young lad like you must not defile himself with lust and squander his potent seed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Your Weiner is a treasure and belongs to your real life Annie or Alex or Nova, you must cherish and protect it
/stares at these quotes

/looks at the site these quotes are posted

thumb.jpg

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes