Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
How far into the future is Eternum supposed to be? Pretty sure Fiero is the model year or two after my Jeep, at the very least, and it's a 2012. ;) If Fiero is older than Luna, I'd guess Eternum is no earlier than 2033.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Having checked it again I think he leaves it pinned and changes out the image to show progress for each individual version (old post but new progress report). Not guna lie, I thought I wouldn't be getting any carrot cake for awhile and my soul left my body :eek:

Edit: Does anyone know how long an update typically takes?
4 months is his usual dev speed, but 0.5 took about 5 months because it added 1 more scene compared to the standard 3 scenes per update (the other exception to this was 0.2, but that took only about...3 months, I think? But it only had 1 lewd scene and a few nekkid scenes IIRC).

And considering how 1 of those scenes played out...

/looks at the 0.5 scene with Nancy

...yeah I think it's safe to say that the extra dev time was WELL worth it.

GodTier

Feb 8, 2018
4 months is his usual dev speed, but 0.5 took about 5 months because it added 1 more scene compared to the standard 3 scenes per update (the other exception to this was 0.2, but that took only about...3 months, I think? But it only had 1 lewd scene and a few nekkid scenes IIRC).

And considering how 1 of those scenes played out...

/looks at the 0.5 scene with Nancy

...yeah I think it's safe to say that the extra dev time was WELL worth it.
I don't mind the wait... honestly. I'mma just sit here in the corner of the room in the dark, slowly losing my mind. *whispering to self* Eternum... Eternum over and over again.
On a positive note... You can't rush perfection and we all know that's what we'll get. :love:

• Haha

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
How far into the future is Eternum supposed to be? Pretty sure Fiero is the model year or two after my Jeep, at the very least, and it's a 2012. ;) If Fiero is older than Luna, I'd guess Eternum is no earlier than 2033.
2022 is the only year I've seen mentioned. Stabby Mike is now "Former President Stabb," so that would be 2025 or later if he was elected in 2016 and served two terms.
screenshot0004.png

PeterSBigD

Feb 17, 2021
2022 is the only year I've seen mentioned. Stabby Mike is now "Former President Stabb," so that would be 2025 or later if he was elected in 2016 and served two terms.
View attachment 2337244
I think it takes place a bit later. I assumed OIALT took place in 2019 and Stabby Mike became president in 2020. During the last updates of OIALT, Judy talks about being excited for Eternum, because it's not out yet. By Eternum (VN), it's been out for a while, plus Ulysses is now the richest company in the world.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
I assume Fiero is not the car's model, but its nickname, a terrible one, but I'm pretty sure Caridbis doesn't speak Spanish.

Regardless, I think 2033 is a bit too far. In the last update someone mentions S2 of Arcane as if it came out recently and +10y to release it is an atrocity I refuse to believe mankind would allow.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think it takes place a bit later. I assumed OIALT took place in 2019 and Stabby Mike became president in 2020. During the last updates of OIALT, Judy talks about being excited for Eternum, because it's not out yet. By Eternum (VN), it's been out for a while, plus Ulysses is now the richest company in the world.
I'm just saying that it's either later, or there's a little bit of a continuity thing. The Jeep is no older than 12 years in the real world based on that trim and seat design - it resembles my 2012 quite a bit, except for being a 2-door to my 4-door. Some of the details suggest a year or two after mine. If Luna is 18 and he had the Jeep before he had her, then that would mean Eternum takes place post 2030 (or an earlier model Jeep asset wasn't available ;)).

Yes, it's a bit silly, but if you were a Jeep guy, you'd get it.
Jeepsmile.jpg

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm just saying that it's either later, or there's a little bit of a continuity thing. The Jeep is no older than 12 years in the real world based on that trim and seat design - it resembles my 2012 quite a bit, except for being a 2-door to my 4-door. Some of the details suggest a year or two after mine. If Luna is 18 and he had the Jeep before he had her, then that would mean Eternum takes place post 2030 (or an earlier model Jeep asset wasn't available ;)).
Yyyeah I honestly think this is more of an asset limitation issue than anything else, really.

That, or Caribdis just has a thing for older vehicles...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Salviocass99

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Just wanna say that I can't express enough how much I hate Gertrude. Fuckin christ, this woman man.
Excellent work with her, she does her job of being annoying and a complete inconvenience. 10/10, would hate her again.

Bro, laughing is better than hating. Gertrude is hilarious, it's funny how oblivious and stupid she is while thinking she's above other people because she has a rich husband and a good situation, or thinking she's hot because she spend time with Nancy, who is hot for real. It's humor based on character, like Kai pretending to be wise when really he's just an hypocrit.

Most importantly Gertrude thinking Nancy is our mom is what leads to the mommy roleplay with her so basically this...
... happens thanks to Gertrude :BootyTime:

Kai thinking Nancy is talking about him in a previous update is also hilarious, that face after he understands that Nancy is hot for another guy and not him is priceless.
Anyway these two help us get closer to Nancy so not only are they hilarious but they're also far from an inconvenience. But yeah, Caribdis did an excellent work with them indeed. Every characters of this game are great in one way or another.

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
Laddies and Lassies...support has breached the 6th tier...

Question now is, will the numbers hold? Or will they be gone like the wind in the month to follow?

View attachment 2337411
Although I hope it holds, there’s a chance that it won’t. If it doesn’t, I’m pretty sure it will fall in March/April where people will wait for an update but it won’t come yet so they’ll say “Whatever I’ll just subscribe when it comes out.” But I hope it holds, he deserves it.

Anonynous

Nov 28, 2018
How to backup savw file ln Android. Last time 0.3>0.4 I delete old version before backup save so I lost everything.....

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
Fiero is a Wrangler JK so model years are 2007-2018. Apparently Fiero is also older than Luna and she's 18, so 2025+ depending on the actual model year of the Jeep I guess?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
OK late as a sloth ( but I was playing to game from the beginning, and it was worth it) I can only say.... What a HELL of an update!!!
I'm still picking my jaw from the floor... Caribdis is a Genius!!!
There's too many things that happened so my goldfish brain will need time to elaborate everything, all I can say it this game is hands down one of the best I've played so far.
Just a couple of considerations in strictly scattered order ( like is the thing I have inside my skull):
The factions in Eternum are more than I anticipated and this will be interesting to follow as it will unfold: so at least in my opinion we have the Founder, the Syndicate, Idriel, Thanatos, Bardot and his thugs all fighting for control ( or this looks from a very shallow point of view there's so much more at stake ( and we can't forget Calypso in the equation);
I'm starting to think that the founder was part of the Syndicate, that's because of the tattoo on his chest it's the same on the letter the "girl" gave to Orion?
Also, where they the cult that had it's HQ in the church in Warthog and that was [apparently] wiped out? These are just hypothesis and I don't have much to back up them, so just take them for what they are, not something I would bet anything on them;
Idriel must have some interaction with the Syndicate, or maybe she's not against them, the scene during the drug induced vision was interesting, especially paired with the other vision Orion had during the trip with Luna and Mr. Hernandez;
Are they peoples ( the Syndicate) that died playing Eternum and still try to interact with the world or worlds? Or there's something more, Caribdis is playing with different scenery in a masterful way;
Thanatos was exactly like I expected to be, now I'm curious to see what he's his role in the "game" he works fine as an nemesis for now, but his role is way more deep than appear, I don't see him only trying to harness the power from the gems just to become the most powerful of them all, there's so much more about him;
I don't know but the founder as an evil entity just because of the things said during his conversation with Orion leave me perplexed, I mean he's not certainly one of the good guys and yet I'm curious about him ( the offering of that amulet looked dangerously similar to what Astaroth did in OIAL, and reminded me of the Immortals that were quoted often in the game) there's still lots to discover;

Now for something more light:
First thing first Nova found herself two formidable opponents in my heart, she's still my number one Goddess but I must admit that I'm starting to love all the girl equally more and more, kudos to Caribdis, once again he created very interesting and loveable characters, he really done a huuuuge step forwards in everything, they all have a distinct and unique personality and all of them deserves to be worshipped and loved;
Luna's grandma is simply adorable!!! :love::love::love: She remind me of my father's grandma and I shed more than one tear when we were talking with her, damn it's the second time that a game get me so involved, I didn't expect it and it strikes me even more, this is writing of the highest level, when fictional characters can move you so much, the author is worthy of the utmost respect ( also is Luna's mother the one that talked with Orion in his "nightmares"? Same red eyes and black hairs? Am I reading too much in it? but that scene during the ofrenda wasn't just a small things of that I'm convinced).
Nancy is literally otherworldly, that scene was one of the hottest I've ever seen, paired with that "chat" with Cicero, if the girls are Goddesses....she is the Goddess, damn what a woman!!!!:love::love::love::love:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
once again he created very interesting and loveable characters, he really done a huuuuge step forwards in everything, they all have a distinct and unique personality and all of them deserves to be worshipped and loved;
Yes, this is the strong point of this game IMO. Every girl feels different and the way MC interacts with them is different as well. e.g. you have both Nova and Luna (and probably even Alex) who are more outsiders, yet they are completely different from each other.
And this makes it hard for me to pick favorites overall, since you cannot really compare the girls to each other. Like, it does not make sense to compare Nancy to Luna, because they are just so different. And this is quite unique for this game, most VNs have different characters, but they either look roughly the same or have a similar personality.

E.g. before 0.5 I would have liked Nancy the least. Not because she is a bad character, she is great, but I liked the other girls more. After her scene tho (and her talk near the end of the Update), I am thinking different about my placement.

Also, on a related note - even side characters are surprisingly fleshed out. Just look at the party, the other couple at the game or Akira-San or Regina are so different from each other (both in looks and how they act). This is something which is rarely happening, because not many Devs bother to spend much time on side characters which might not even appear a second time. Yet Caribdis goes this extra mile and IMO it pays off and makes the game more lively overall.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Anyone have a torrent for the new version or the compressed version? I hit my cap on Mega apparently and the links for the compressed doesn't work for some reason.

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
OK late as a sloth ( but I was playing to game from the beginning, and it was worth it) I can only say.... What a HELL of an update!!!
I'm still picking my jaw from the floor... Caribdis is a Genius!!!
There's too many things that happened so my goldfish brain will need time to elaborate everything, all I can say it this game is hands down one of the best I've played so far.
Just a couple of considerations in strictly scattered order ( like is the thing I have inside my skull):
The factions in Eternum are more than I anticipated and this will be interesting to follow as it will unfold: so at least in my opinion we have the Founder, the Syndicate, Idriel, Thanatos, Bardot and his thugs all fighting for control ( or this looks from a very shallow point of view there's so much more at stake ( and we can't forget Calypso in the equation);
I'm starting to think that the founder was part of the Syndicate, that's because of the tattoo on his chest it's the same on the letter the "girl" gave to Orion?
Also, where they the cult that had it's HQ in the church in Warthog and that was [apparently] wiped out? These are just hypothesis and I don't have much to back up them, so just take them for what they are, not something I would bet anything on them;
Idriel must have some interaction with the Syndicate, or maybe she's not against them, the scene during the drug induced vision was interesting, especially paired with the other vision Orion had during the trip with Luna and Mr. Hernandez;
Are they peoples ( the Syndicate) that died playing Eternum and still try to interact with the world or worlds? Or there's something more, Caribdis is playing with different scenery in a masterful way;
Thanatos was exactly like I expected to be, now I'm curious to see what he's his role in the "game" he works fine as an nemesis for now, but his role is way more deep than appear, I don't see him only trying to harness the power from the gems just to become the most powerful of them all, there's so much more about him;
I don't know but the founder as an evil entity just because of the things said during his conversation with Orion leave me perplexed, I mean he's not certainly one of the good guys and yet I'm curious about him ( the offering of that amulet looked dangerously similar to what Astaroth did in OIAL, and reminded me of the Immortals that were quoted often in the game) there's still lots to discover;

Now for something more light:
First thing first Nova found herself two formidable opponents in my heart, she's still my number one Goddess but I must admit that I'm starting to love all the girl equally more and more, kudos to Caribdis, once again he created very interesting and loveable characters, he really done a huuuuge step forwards in everything, they all have a distinct and unique personality and all of them deserves to be worshipped and loved;
Luna's grandma is simply adorable!!! :love::love::love: She remind me of my father's grandma and I shed more than one tear when we were talking with her, damn it's the second time that a game get me so involved, I didn't expect it and it strikes me even more, this is writing of the highest level, when fictional characters can move you so much, the author is worthy of the utmost respect ( also is Luna's mother the one that talked with Orion in his "nightmares"? Same red eyes and black hairs? Am I reading too much in it? but that scene during the ofrenda wasn't just a small things of that I'm convinced).
Nancy is literally otherworldly, that scene was one of the hottest I've ever seen, paired with that "chat" with Cicero, if the girls are Goddesses....she is the Goddess, damn what a woman!!!!:love::love::love::love:
What was the first game that got you this involved? just curious. Been looking for a game to fill the empty space Eternum created, but in my opinion nothing ever came close. This update has been out almost for a week and I'm checking the forum/reviewing mental notes since then. I probably thought about Eternum more than I slept this week.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yes, this is the strong point of this game IMO. Every girl feels different and the way MC interacts with them is different as well. e.g. you have both Nova and Luna (and probably even Alex) who are more outsiders, yet they are completely different from each other.
And this makes it hard for me to pick favorites overall, since you cannot really compare the girls to each other. Like, it does not make sense to compare Nancy to Luna, because they are just so different. And this is quite unique for this game, most VNs have different characters, but they either look roughly the same or have a similar personality.

E.g. before 0.5 I would have liked Nancy the least. Not because she is a bad character, she is great, but I liked the other girls more. After her scene tho (and her talk near the end of the Update), I am thinking different about my placement.

Also, on a related note - even side characters are surprisingly fleshed out. Just look at the party, the other couple at the game or Akira-San or Regina are so different from each other (both in looks and how they act). This is something which is rarely happening, because not many Devs bother to spend much time on side characters which might not even appear a second time. Yet Caribdis goes this extra mile and IMO it pays off and makes the game more lively overall.
Couldn't agree more with you, I already saw his ability in OIAL, but with Eternum he really take everything far beyond, I would say that's exactly the attention to details like that that make him standing out as a creator, imho. :)

What was the first game that got you this involved? just curious. Been looking for a game to fill the empty space Eternum created, but in my opinion nothing ever came close. This update has been out almost for a week and I'm checking the forum/reviewing mental notes since then. I probably thought about Eternum more than I slept this week.
I will put it on spoiler. :)

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes