Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
Im new to these games. So should I collect hearts for only one girl, or can I go all in?
Collect hearts for all of the girls, but I really reccomend using a walkthrough because things get messy overtime and for me some events were unplayable without the mod.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
I'm pretty sure an 80-year old elven princess who likely had an active lifestyle prior to her capture has more alcohol tolerance than a walking Cheeto who spends most of her time in front of a laptop and only does the occasional physical activity when Orion is somehow involved ( ).

Also, based from Calypso's insult on the ale...I'm guessing it's either weak-ass ale or the watered-down kind...which means she basically just drank little to no alcohol so my above points could likely be moot (I'd insult the innkeeper too if that was the case lol).
Well i got a pretty... wide experienced portfolio of alcohol abuse and having a high tolerance doesnt mean you can handle more till you get a mental blackout. In general having a higher tolerance could result in a way higher amount of alcohol you drink, which results to a mental blackout way more easily. bavarian btw.

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
I find it interesting that no walkthrough mentions the (Start of 0.5) Yes or No option The Founder gives right after the gift offering and the fighting for others or yourself question.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

staggerlee32

May 18, 2020
Argh, this game is so GOOD, but the CLIFFHANGERS are killing me... every update I never want it to end!

So glad we finally got some personal time with best chica Luna. She's so adorable and that whole sequence was so sweet.
I mean, they're all lovely, without exception, and I'm so glad I don't have to pick, but if I did, Luna #1 no doubt.

I was going to post about a weird pathing issue I had, where even though I used a walkthrough this time (played through from the beginning for the first time since 0.2) I randomly dropped off Dalia's path before the banquet. However, when I reloaded from the end of Andromeda to try to pinpoint where exactly it happened, couldn't duplicate the issue (and got some jealous squabbling between the sisters that I didn't get the first time). If there's one problem I have with the game, it's the same that I had with OIAL, where I'll lose someone's path without realizing it based on missing an option way back who knows where, with no way of knowing I missed anything until much later -- this also happened to me with Dalia my first time through, hence the replay w/ walkthrough. Missed something and didn't realize I missed a ton of content until she suddenly grayed out towards the end of the gladiator fight.

Anyway. Still probably the best game on this site. Wake me up when 0.6 is out.

staggerlee32

May 18, 2020
I find it interesting that no walkthrough mentions the (Start of 0.5) Yes or No option The Founder gives right after the gift offering and the fighting for others or yourself question.
What do you mean? The one I'm using says "might be important in later chapters", no way to know what the results are until they're actually implemented

• Thinking Face

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
What do you mean? The one I'm using says "might be important in later chapters", no way to know what the results are until they're actually implemented
Which one are you using because the one in the post and two others I looked at didn't even mention it existing. I imagine it would state something if it checked a flag.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
You could speculate about that. There are at least some indications, which could lead to believe, that it might not be in your best interest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
That's where you save off another path. While we don't know the impact of the decision, like choosing whether to buy the pendant or not early on, it may make a difference a couple releases down the road, it may not. While I don't advocate a new save for every possible choice, being offered an object in-game by an individual purporting to be The Founder is likely to have consequences, so that's worth a split off.

Until Ep5, I had only done a couple of splits, but really didn't play out the others as they showed no consequences through Ch4 (I did the xray glasses as a save point just for fun and a save for who did the vision quest at Warthogs, which I abandoned), choosing a single-path to this point. I now have three that I will carry forward for at least a couple of releases, including not taking the amulet (primary), taking it, and one where I say I would sacrifice strangers for friends.

Last edited:

staggerlee32

May 18, 2020
Which one are you using because the one in the post and two others I looked at didn't even mention it existing. I imagine it would state something if it checked a flag.
The one in the post...
Um...
• "I fight to protect others" [hero] (might be important in later chapters) ֍
Would you sacrifice the innocent to save those whom you love?
◦ "Yes" ֍
◦ "No"
• "I fight for myself"
Would you sacrifice those you care about for the chance to gain more power?
◦ "Yes"
◦ "No" [hero] (might be important in later chapters)
Am I missing something about what you're referring to?

You could speculate about that. There are at least some indications, which could lead to believe, that it might not be in your best interest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, I must have had the sound off when I played through because I missed the whispers until I went back just now to check that conversation. I think I may have uh, made a mistake :ROFLMAO:

Where are you getting the clear indication that Thanatos had the Amulet of Blair?

I looked up the BSGR and it is, uh, a genealogical society -- the study of family history -- for the last name of Blair. I think you can relax there.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Man I HATE to be that kinda of guy, but the quality of the renders are so muuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhh better in Eternum that I think Once In a Lifetime deserve a remake.

PS: after Eternum ending of course

But at the same time:

View attachment 2374120
When it comes to movies, it is rare when a remake is actually as good as, much less better than, the original. Sometimes you have a timeless story that gets made into multiple movies from slightly different perspectives and each stand alone is great on its own merits (OK Coral story, 3 Musketeers), but more often you end up with something like the 2016 version of Ghost Busters... (Then again, anything with Melissa McCarthy is just awful...)

I'm not sure remaking OAIL would ever measure up - some of the images might be prettier, but then Cari might decide to change this little thing that bugged him, then that little thing, and pretty soon you have George Lucas putting prequel Anakin in to the final sequence of Return of the Jedi rather than "original" Anakin, or "New Coke": freakin' disasters!

Let the original live on as people remember and enjoyed it. If the world has to be revisited, do some form of sequel with the next generation maybe.

I guess I'm just in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp on most things like this.

Last edited:

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Where are you getting the clear indication that Thanatos had the Amulet of Blair?

I looked up the BSGR and it is, uh, a genealogical society -- the study of family history -- for the last name of Blair. I think you can relax there.
Theres no evidence for that but its pretty obvious, or am i crazy there? It was mentioned that Thanatos seems to be immortal and MC was speculating about that too, if i remember correctly. Also he does not seem to want to die, when he catched a neck shot of Dione, or lost his right hand. On the contrary, The Founder mentioned "the others have declined too" or sth like that, so its still speculation, but it would just make perfect scence to me, that Thanatos was the one who have not declined the Founders offer.

Correct, but when i connected the dots of in game indications in my brain and the fact Blair is about geneolical research i just got some goosebombs. Realisticly, ofc, nothing to worry about. The idea was in-game related only.
Edit: Looked it up again, missunderstood the whole thing, my english is not the best (mixed up geneologic and genetic) sry for that.

Last edited:

staggerlee32

May 18, 2020
Theres no evidence for that but its pretty obvious, or am i crazy there? It was mentioned that Thanatos seems to be immortal and MC was speculating about that too, if i remember correctly. Also he does not seem to want to die, when he catched a neck shot of Dione, or lost his right hand. On the contrary, The Founder mentioned "the others have declined too" or sth like that, so its still speculation, but it would just make perfect scence to me, that Thanatos was the one who have not declined the Founders offer.
It's possible the Founder was lying about that, but I'm not sure why he would. Also I guess that would mean that dying in Eternum with the amulet would kill Thanatos's "real world" body while making his Eternum persona immortal, at which point the Founder would have reclaimed the amulet to give it to Orion? It's possible, that's just not how I interpreted it.

Edit: Looked it up again, missunderstood the whole thing, my english is not the best (mixed up geneologic and genetic) sry for that.
All good, brother

Last edited:
Reactions: sageproduct

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
The one in the post...
Am I missing something about what you're referring to?
1675822460645.png
1675822607765.png

Man I HATE to be that kinda of guy, but the quality of the renders are so muuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhh better in Eternum that I think Once In a Lifetime deserve a remake.

PS: after Eternum ending of course

But at the same time:
Not a remake pretty sure it was mentioned extended story in some way a sequel or bonus storyline after the game.

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes