ShadowLordV1

Aug 18, 2022
OIaLT stills remains a pretty solid game. Above of many games here on this website.
But Eternum is now in another level , i agree.
It is the story that pushes OIaL, and until the very end is adamn good and fun story. Later on it becomes a little too... Sci Fi almost out of nowhere, but it is a good ride.

Reactions: Jehuty206

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Not gonna lie...coming from Eternum and now trying OiaLT...it is a bit rough but it also shows how much Caribdis has progressed in pretty much all aspects of developing a VN. :HideThePain:
While it is true that Eternum is on another Level and clearly an improvement (as expected, since Once in a Lifetime was the first game), I would not compare Once in a Lifetime to Eternum. Compare it to other games on this site instead and the quality is still high.

For me, playing Once in a Lifetime first and then playing Eternum once 0.4 was released, the jump in quality was big.

u3poD

Dec 26, 2017
hey guys any idea why compressed version just dont start? I tried to start it wouthout any patches and also run it as administrator

KO-Kat

Nov 4, 2020
It is the story that pushes OIaL, and until the very end is adamn good and fun story. Later on it becomes a little too... Sci Fi almost out of nowhere, but it is a good ride.
To me it felt like Caribdis got bored of OiaLT near the end and was mentally focusing on eternum already.

ShadowLordV1

Aug 18, 2022
To me it felt like Caribdis got bored of OiaLT near the end and was mentally focusing on eternum already.
Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. I mean don't get me wrong OiAL is good but the end was a little weak compared to the whole start of the game.

Exterant

Aug 6, 2022
But when are we getting v1 release? hope i see it before i die or forget about Avns altogether
Compared to most other developers, Caribdis is pretty hard-working and includes a lot of content in each update. I don't think most people mind the wait as long as the game continues to be as good as it is. Don't forget about AVNs, there's so many great ones out there. Keep playing!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
2 and a half should be about right for this game if you want to stretch the story a bit more IMO. 3 would be overkill lol.
I agree with you more than two and a half would be too much to me as well, you can't keep this pace endlessy balanced for stories like this that relies on a perfect mix of humour, thrill and sexy moments to make them interesting and egaging.
Even the best writer (and Caribds showed he is one of them) can toys with too much without risking a tension drop sooner or later. :)

Reactions: Yvier the Duck

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Idk how the game will end, but i know one thing for sure:
The moment this game will be fully relelased for Steam......
Me:"SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Dev: "but i need time because i want to do dlc"
Me again:"SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes