quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I've been following this thread for a while, even commented a couple of times, but due to life circumstances hadn't played the game! I started once, got as far as the MC's first trip to Eternum and then wasn't playing games much at all for a while, and when I got back into it, had so many I wanted to try or continue that I did a very wrong thing and started skipping content to get to the 'good stuff'. I also wasted too much time on grindy sandbox games for the lure of a certain character (mostly never getting there), making me even more inclined to skip in games where I could.

I knew I didn't want to treat Eternum that way. I tried skipping through some and it was obvious that unlike many games which all feature the same plot in different settings, here I was really missing a lot by not reading every line.

So I resolved to stop playing at all until I could let go of the need to play everything and the desire for instant gratification. I achieved that some time ago, but by then was occupied with other things.

A couple of days ago I finished the latest episode of Ripples, which was first on my list of games I wanted to play properly, with full attention. Eternum was second.

I've played up to the conversation with Idriel the first time the MC enters Eternum. A little before I stopped the first time. I'm deliberately not rushing things.

I have very little criticism so far. Some minor language glitches, a scene in the classroom where it appears Chang may be part cat, because I don't think the human body is meant to bend like that. Nothing worth getting excited about.

Before I get into what I really liked, there is one thing. I wish writers would stop using the 'oops, I walked in on him naked, omg his cock! I must have him' trope. This version played out in a way I enjoyed, but there must be better ways to start these relationships. Same with the MC noticing 'omg her boobs!' I know physical attraction is important, but maybe play up the emotional aspect more when talking about people who obviously love each other and for whom a physical relationship could be a logical next step. We could have 'wow, she smells good' when they hug, 'what's that feeling I'm getting when she glances over at me and why does she look away as soon as I notice?', subtle touches, accidental and not so accidental, and more like that. Again, same with the 'oh, I'm accidentally in a position to see her naked, let's stick around and watch and if she catches me I'll compliment her and that will turn me from a creepy voyeur into someone she wants to bang.' I deliberately played that scene with Dalia by having the MC immediately announce himself and so miss seeing her naked because I want him to be a good guy. I don't care if she will forgive him for creeping on her. I want him to not need forgiveness.

I offer this criticism because I think we have something here well above the quality of the average VN. These tropes don't seriously undermine that, and I can see them presented as 'classic humourous encounters' in the VN world, but I was slightly disappointed. We're not getting the typical 'older sister/roommate who isn't nice to the MC but you know they'll fuck eventually' and 'younger sister/roommate who is easily influenced' vibes - Penelope and Dalia seem better conceived characters than that, so it felt less inspired than the rest.

Then I mostly forgot about it because I'm liking just about everything else, and the initial setup seems about the least important thing in the story.

Chang is a bit of a wannabe player whose concept of women is not exactly enlightened, but his reaction to Mikaela, and the fact that he clearly has the MC's back, make him endearing, and I wish only good things for him (and that he grow up a little in his attitude toward women).

Annie is super adorable. I am looking forward to watching the development of her relationship with the MC.

Luna! Currently my favourite (sorry Annie!). She's cute and weird and that story she told at the café showed a dark sense of humour with which I can totally get on board. And of course I want to know what's up with the gloves (don't tell me!)

Axel is a cliché villain/bully, but he'll be entertaining, no doubt. The MC isn't even slightly intimidated by him and that has to sting.

I don't know enough about Penelope and Dalia yet to get a proper handle on them. But Penelope's willingness to help out the MC for the contest at the café speaks well of her.

Alex seems cool. Like she'll be difficult to get close to, but once you do, I imagine she's someone worth knowing.

I've read enough here (so far avoiding any serious spoilers) to know that all is not what it seems in the world of Eternum. I'm taking notes as I play.

I know most everyone here is far ahead of me. I'm in no hurry to catch up, but I'll be focusing exclusively on Eternum until I get there. One VN at a time from now on, and I'm going to be much pickier about which VNs those are.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I know most everyone here is far ahead of me. I'm in no hurry to catch up, but I'll be focusing exclusively on Eternum until I get there. One VN at a time from now on, and I'm going to be much pickier about which VNs those are.[/ispoiler][/ispoiler]
I think that your approach is sensible.
But, once you reach the point where you've played the ones with dialogue and story that actually matters, you'll be left with months between updates.
At that point, having multiple games on the go becomes not such a bad thing. Because you then get collective updates more frequently.
You just need to climb that hill, first.
But, don't worry, it's a pretty enjoyable climb. (y)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Fixed that error for you.;):D

Jokes apart, I agree 100% Eternum is great, definitely on another whole league from the others, I can think of a few that are similar and are close to it's level, but this is The Game for me.:)(y)(y)
View attachment 2555867

My Goddess spoke to me... And of course her words are law to me her faithful worshipper!!!!!:D:ROFLMAO:
I think you might like Nova just a bit more than the rest of the girls. I'm not sure why I think that though....:unsure:

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
Alex seems cool. Like she'll be difficult to get close to, but once you do, I imagine she's someone worth knowing.
I think you'll really dig Alex once you know more about her. Not gonna lie, her backstory almost had me crying. Good shit :LOL:

Luna is still probably my favorite so far, but I like all of the characters. And I think it does speak to the character's writing in this that it's one of the very few games I've played where I like the MILF just as much as the other girls. Every other one just has them come off as downright creepy... For some reason, Nancy isn't the same way. Maybe that's because it feels like she's around for more than just the mommy fetish.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I think you might like Nova just a bit more than the rest of the girls. I'm not sure why I think that though....:unsure:
M-m-me?!? N-no, no, no man I-I m-mean why you think so? I-I n-never said I ADORE,WORSHIP, WOULD ANYTHING FOR HER ...that I like her so much more than the others...
Really, y-yeah I mean s-she's cute... she may be Adorable, have a slender petite body, a bubbly ass to die for, magnificent and beautiful eyes to get lost in for hours , fluffy curly red hairs to pat for months, a super sexy mole to lick, a smile so bright that every time I see it my heart melt, or the fact that she's curios and a little naughty and I would like do lots and lots of things with her, yes.... but really I'm n-not obsessed by her, I just like her like I love all the other girls... I swear...
oops.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
M-m-me?!? N-no, no, no man I-I m-mean why you think so? I-I n-never said I ADORE,WORSHIP, WOULD ANYTHING FOR HER ...that I like her so much more than the others...
Really, y-yeah I mean s-she's cute... she may be Adorable, have a slender petite body, a bubbly ass to die for, magnificent and beautiful eyes to get lost in for hours , fluffy curly red hairs to pat for months, a super sexy mole to lick, a smile so bright that every time I see it my heart melt, or the fact that she's curios and a little naughty and I would like do lots and lots of things with her, yes.... but really I'm n-not obsessed by her, I just like her like I love all the other girls... I swear...
View attachment 2557108

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Amen brother! You really are part of the Church of Nova. You had my respect, but now you have my admiration too.
So which rank does that follower of Nova's faith holds in that church? I take it must be among the top of the organization. The passion displayed is also quite commendable. Just curiosity.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
So which rank does that follower of Nova's faith holds in that church? I take it must be among the top of the organization. The passion displayed is also quite commendable. Just curiosity.
Archbishop, of course, but the rank is irrelevant in the Church of Nova, only the love towards the girls and towards Nova is important. Ranks are ephemeral, love is eternum.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
My brother in faith Yvier the Duck is very kind and explained how things work in Nova's church, but I'm nothing if not a humble worshipper of our Goddess, I don't hold any ranks, I'm only here to carry her words of love to the world nothing more.
As stated perfectly by him ranks are ephemeral, love is eternum. :)

camube

Jun 4, 2022
so.... is this game harem or you eventually have to choose?

I'm currently playing 0.5 update, just finished 0.4 and i really think eternum would be better if it's not a harem

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

I'm currently playing 0.5 update, just finished 0.4 and i really think eternum would be better if it's not a harem
Harem tag is in the OP, and Dev has control of the OP, and his previous game is full harem, so ...

But you seem to have the choices to not catch 'em all if you want ...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

-Story has been emphasizing relationship development and establishment of camaraderie/friendship amongst love interests since 0.2 onwards (see: Annie and Luna, Penny and Nova, Nova and Alex)

-Says story would be better if it wasn't harem

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

(Also, given that dev's last game had the harem ending as the canon ending, I'm pretty sure this will end on the same note even if there will likely be multiple endings like the last one)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
View attachment 2557108
I'm glad we could discuss this. No, that's not "opsessed" means. That's when you see in your side mirror and see something 2 km away. That "something" is the name of this state of mind. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm glad we could discuss this. No, that's not "opsessed" means. That's when you see in your side mirror and see something 2 km away. That "something" is the name of this state of mind. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
W-wait how did you know that?!?! I never said anything about it!!! :eek::eek: :sneaky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: rudy007
4.80 star(s) 912 Votes