rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Same and this is also why I dont like songs with lyrics in a lot of adult games. The music may be nice but if you are one of the people that pay attention to the lyrics it can easily ruin a scene because the lyrics clash with the intent of the scene.
Agree, but on the other hand, music with lyrics should be "compatible" with a scene and there is the point for me to say that music only is better. It's hard enough to find somehow good music for a scene, there are developers who buy custom music, but that is expensive. And there aren't many musicians who are willing to make music for AVN. It's probably a taboo theme for them.

Reactions: Dorfnutter

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
i tried to go for a fresh start by deleting my save files (also cuz i made 200 save files for my 1st playthrough)
even tho i deleted all save files and even deleted the whole folder and unziped Eternum from new, it still has its saves saved... its crazy or im just missing something lmao

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
i tried to go for a fresh start by deleting my save files (also cuz i made 200 save files for my 1st playthrough)
even tho i deleted all save files and even deleted the whole folder and unziped Eternum from new, it still has its saves saved... its crazy or im just missing something lmao
I believe some save files can be found in the Eternum RenPY folder in AppData under Roaming. You'll have to delete them from there as well.
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Eternum

Reactions: Gilleas and Jeycii_

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Did you delete the saves from your Appdata? The one located in

C:\Users\(insertyourusernamehere)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Eternum

(You can access AppData folder if you have "Hidden Items" checked on the File Explorer "View" tab)

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
After so many RenPY games played, I still can't quite understand why there are two locations for save files and persistent files. Makes deleting files slightly more difficult :D

Reactions: Jeycii_

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Did you delete the save files here?
XYZ:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Eternum

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
After so many RenPY games played, I still can't quite understand why there are two locations for save files and persistent files. Makes deleting files slightly more difficult :D
When you see what an novice user can do if he doesn't know what he's doing, doesn't know anything about computers and you have to install his system few times, you would be happy that copies of everything are on three or more different places. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
That's supposed to be a "feature", and I kind of like it. Before my old laptop crashed, I had significantly less HD space, so I had to be more diligent about rotating games off my HD. I'd usually back them up on an external, but things can still get jacked there and then all progress gets lost without that RenPy folder.

Honestly, with the issues I had been having before the crash, I'm also in the habit now of backing up that local RenPy folder to an external as I complete an AVN. I've had to restart multiple titles multiple times, so I try to minimize that as much as possible. Too bad some Devs decide to update their RenPy version mid game and fuck everything up anyway (not Cari, but several others).

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
There is a built-in delete save option in renpy: in the loading screen, hover your mouse over a save slot and press "del" key. It deletes it from everywhere.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
It's for idiots like me that forget to copy over the old saves when they install a newer version of the game and who then end up finding their old saves in the users-folder of their laptop so they can copy them back onto their main desktop pc instead of having to start a new playthrough. :WeSmart:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It's for idiots like me that forget to copy over the old saves when they install a newer version of the game and who then end up finding their old saves in the users-folder of their laptop so they can copy them back onto their main desktop pc instead of having to start a new playthrough. :WeSmart:
It's also one less step to play a new update, don't need to copy/paste your saves from previous update, they're already there

8Man

Oct 12, 2017
Got to say this game is better than I expected. An actual decent story + good animation. I would say I enjoy every girl in the game. Hard to pick fav actually, which in my case quite rare.

But I would put Luna, Axel and Penelope on top of my list. Luna's scene with her fam is wholesome, Axel is rebellious with her shitty family, and Penelope's whole manager thing is all truly enjoyable and unique compared to other girls.

Back to the story, it's enjoyable. It has its up and down but overall, a pleasant experience.
H-Scene is good, but I kinda wish Dev add Idriel into the harem, too .

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes