Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So to answer this: I agree that narratively it would make more sense to see inaccurate visions per my original theory. I don't think that your point disproves my original claim but objectively it seems insensible to fit the outcome to my criteria instead of yours. However, new hypothetical, what if her power actually Is working and she doesn't realize it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In regards to the loop reasons, It'd be operating under the assumption that Orion is the pawn and other characters might be playing Kingmaker but that's jumping down a different rabbit hole altogether. Let's say, for example, there are 2 higher forces at work and they've made a wager. Entity A says to Entity B: you have to make [insert condition here] happen. One rule is you can only change the decisions of [MC] to make it happen (butterfly effect style). You get [number of attempts (how about 100?)] or I win. The two loop examples you provided definitely feel very sensible, but I strongly believe there are other narratives that could work such as this. the MC might feel like the MC, but nothing says this story Actually revolves around him behind the scenes. I've got more hypotheticals for this that may also fit but that gives an idea of some lunacy that runs through my brain.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Is it out yet? Where do I get it. Can I just pay and download?
"v0.6 is almost here!
Final sneak peeks coming out in just a couple of days, and final release dates announced by the end of next week!
Stay tuned!"

A message from Caribdis after hosting his Kahoot Trivia Quiz (event on the Eternum Discord Channel).

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
I stopped playing some time ago right at the elevator scene with Nancy due to having to reset my pc. I want to redownload the game to keep playing, but I am wondering how close I am to the end of the 0.5 version base on this information. I can wait for 0.6 if there is not much to see after this.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I stopped playing some time ago right at the elevator scene with Nancy due to having to reset my pc. I want to redownload the game to keep playing, but I am wondering if this is close to hitting the mark of the end of all content or how close I am to the end of the 0.5 version base on this information. I can wait for 0.6 if there is not much to see after this.
About 3/5

Reactions: thebowkid

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I stopped playing some time ago right at the elevator scene with Nancy due to having to reset my pc. I want to redownload the game to keep playing, but I am wondering if is this close to hitting the mark of the end of all content or how far I am close to the end of the 0.5 version base on this information? I can wait for 0.6 if there is not much to see after this.
About one major scene from the end of 0.5, if I remember correctly. You have the elevator scene, then they go out of town and end on a cliffhanger. I don't remember if there was anything intervening, but I don't think it was anything drawn out - just maybe some table setting or a little bit of fleshing.

Reactions: thebowkid

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
So, yesterday I started watching a movie called "Ready Player One" and when the young protagonist started talking about the OASIS contest I cried: "WTF, dude!! those Eternum folks copied even this, too!!!"

Good grief :rolleyes:

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
So, yesterday I started watching a movie called "Ready Player One" and when the young protagonist started talking about the OASIS contest I cried: "WTF, dude!! those Eternum folks copied even this, too!!!"

Good grief :rolleyes:
yeah Ready Player One is for the VR story genre what "Do Androids dream of electric sheep?" is for Cyberpunk - or Lord of the Rings for Fantasy :WeSmart:

AECaros

Sep 10, 2020
yeah Ready Player One is for the VR story genre what "Do Androids dream of electric sheep?" is for Cyberpunk - or Lord of the Rings for Fantasy :WeSmart:
Or Fred Phol for space sci fi, as oft quoted by the expanse writers:

People always ask, "were you borrowing from Stargate. Were you borrowing from Mass Effect." No. Once and for all, we don't borrow. We steal. And we steal mostly from Fred Pohl. Which is where Mass Effect and Stargate stole too.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I stopped playing some time ago right at the elevator scene with Nancy due to having to reset my pc. I want to redownload the game to keep playing, but I am wondering how close I am to the end of the 0.5 version base on this information. I can wait for 0.6 if there is not much to see after this.
In my opinion, you might as well wait, but there's still a good 15-30 min (especially if you were at the beginning of the elevator ride ...)

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
hmmm.... I should train an ML art model on some nova pics, maybe...

You can still mute the voices, no drawback for the players. For the dev though, not sure if it's worth budgeting it.
Machine Learning/AI computer generated voices have actually gotten pretty decent/realistic in the few years or so though, depending on your software/hardware. Even some of the free ~5 minute ones are pretty decent. And even with some of the lower quality ones, most of the time if you play music in the background it's hard to pick up that's it's computer generated.

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes