Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
...I mean the soul is literally just a bunch of thoughts if you think about it (which is what astral projections are often likened to).
True, but when you're jacked in, you have form and substance in the world, making you corporeal in Eternum. I think he's going to be able to do that without jacking in eventually (a la Neo) but I don't think he was doing it in that scene.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Just a detail about Orion and Calypso seeing each other, if Calypso and the tabern wasn't an ilussion or a dream and it was Eternum, Orion was in two places at the same time because Luna was observing Orion an only saw him talking and panicking alone, not dissapearing, so is the same case as Idriel or the Founder, an "hologram" or my guess, astral unfolding.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just a detail about Orion and Calypso seeing each other, if Calypso and the tabern wasn't an ilussion or a dream and it was Eternum, Orion was in two places at the same time because Luna was observing Orion an only saw him talking and panicking alone, not dissapearing, so is the same case as Idriel or the Founder, an "hologram" or my guess, astral unfolding.
Yes ...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
True, but when you're jacked in, you have form and substance in the world, making you corporeal in Eternum. I think he's going to be able to do that without jacking in eventually (a la Neo) but I don't think he was doing it in that scene.
I've mentioned before that that's what I think the nerve implant system actually does: give a projection that's so stable that you don't come out looking like a blur but look like an actual copy of yourself. Then there's also the added benefit of being able to stay in said projection for as long as you like (at least in theory. in practice IIRC that path just leads to people experiencing "bleeding cases") and that you're not susceptible to breaks in concentration leading one to snap back to reality (like, Luna managed to get Orion out by just waking him).

Then again, we've been shown that such a method comes with its own share of drawbacks: you're a lot more drained than those who go through typical methods of projection once you "log out" and that forcibly "disconnecting" you from the headset in the real will have direr consequences than simply waking up (maybe its imperative to maintain said stability that you don't forcibly get pulled out of it in the real, as it's likely be akin to getting hit in the spine or something: survivable but uhhh...not exactly good for you).

I mean, astral projection requires that the person is dreaming or using hallucinogenic drugs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022

Times Folly

May 30, 2020
Games awesome dev, really love it, you're doing amazing work and thank you for sharing this experience with us unworthy masses.

I was content with passively enjoying Eternum, but I just got to the point where I was playing a certain 10 Questions game on a roadtrip and I got read so god damned hard when my thoughts drifted to the unfair sex.

Thanks for that, got a big 'ol smile on my face. Hope everything goes well for you, now and in the future.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I finished current story and...
To your first point, one of the current theories is that most server NPCs are former players who may have been excommunicated and have been brainwashed into thinking they are NPCs thanks to the control chip. Jury's still out however if NPCs such as Idriel and Calypso are part of said group or are AI or something else entirely.

To your second point, that's one of the theories, yes (and there's some evidence in the game to suggest that it is such). The other being that it's all sci-fi advanced tech and shit. We won't really know until later updates confirm any of said theories.

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
To your second point, that's one of the theories, yes (and there's some evidence in the game to suggest that it is such). The other being that it's all sci-fi advanced tech and shit. We won't really know until later updates confirm any of said theories.
I just finished it a couple of weeks ago, but wow what a story. I agree that we won't know if there are parallel worlds or if it will just be a server thing (doubtful) until future updates, but I'm pretty sure everyone probably agrees that yes, this is definitely a "multiple universes" type thing and that the MC will probably be the only one to figure it out.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Replaying the game is really cool to see how good MC is Orion. In a lot of AVN the MC is just a potato with a big dick, with zero personality and passive as fuck, things just happen to him, yadda yadda and sex scene. But Caribdis is really good making characters that feel alive, like real people, and Orion is not an exception. One simple example is the chill out moment in the park some days after the Calypso situation: Orion is chilling in the park and Dalia appears because she and Alex are going to the pool. Dalia comments that she prefer a low impact exercise because she is worried about his back before the competition, and the next texts are:

Orion: The competition is next Thursday, right?
Dalia: Yep! Thursday at 05:00 PM, at Kredon's gym
Orion: Nice. I'll be there.
Dalia: Are you participating?
Orion: Well, maybe, but I'll probably make a fool out of myself. I'm mostly going to cheer you on. I'm allowed to do that, right?
Dalia: *Chuckles* You sure are!
Yvier: I'll be your loudest fan, I promise!

In just one minute Orion is proving that he listen her problems, that he cares about her, ask for consent (he doesn't try to impose himself) and promise to be here, because if is important to Dalia is important to him.

In other games this interaction is just a two option text to win points to fuck the girl, but in Eternum is just Orion being a good friend because he really cares about Dalia, and yes he wants to pound her like the horny teenager he is, but for him is most important support her because he believes in her, because he loves her, and I really like a MC like that.

Edit:
Couldn't agree more.... I even dub Orion now, because the dialogues were so well written that I started to read them out loud and then I finished playing his role and the game is even more fun this way....
And of course the best dialogue was...
pag1.png pag1a.png pag2.png pag3.png
Playing his part was too funny.... :sneaky: :LOL:

P.S. It's also good to improve my pronunciation, I thanks our Goddess for this too.....:love::love::love:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Couldn't agree more.... I even dub Orion now, because the dialogues were so well written that I started to read them out loud and then I finished playing his role and the game is even more fun this way....
View attachment 2772586 View attachment 2772588 View attachment 2772590 View attachment 2772591

P.S. It's also good to improve my pronunciation, I thanks our Goddess for this too.....:love::love::love:
Makes me wonder if Cari's next project might have voice acting on it (that first scene with Nova would've been interesting with voices included, especially in conveying how the protagonist was terrified of her). :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Makes me wonder if Cari's next project might have voice acting on it (that first scene with Nova would've been interesting with voices included, especially in conveying how the protagonist was terrified of her). :giggle:
Yeah it would be interesting but I think it could be a double edge sword at the same time.
I mean, I think ( it's a supposition of mine so don't take my words as absolute) we all have choosen the voice we like more for all the characters, and maybe many wouldn't like the choice by Caribdis to add them in Eternum at this point ( for me listening to a voice different from Andrea Libman for Nova would be a trauma, honestly... :eek::eek:).
But maybe for the next games it would be a great addition.:):)

Reactions: ArDZer

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
View attachment 2772586 View attachment 2772588 View attachment 2772590 View attachment 2772591

And don't forget the bazoka when in the contest at the school party, while mc yapping she blew the fck out those 2 lol. It's a hell of a game. And father/daughter prank on mc, game does have a few rofl moments.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
And don't forget the bazoka when in the contest at the school party, while mc yapping she blew the fck out those 2 lol. It's a hell of a game. And father/daughter prank on mc, game does have a few rofl moments.
Oh yes that was glorious!
And I must admit that Orion wasn't the only one that needed to remove bricks from his pants in that scene.....
oops.gif

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Oh yes that was glorious!
And I must admit that Orion wasn't the only one that needed to remove bricks from his pants in that scene.....
View attachment 2772710
The same could be said when the protagonist goes to the ruins of the Fink house to get Anne's picture (the little girl at the Red Herring). Poor young lad was screaming at the top of his lungs before Luna opened the door. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes