DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's what happened in OIALT and I do hope it won't be the case here too
I agree that this is gonna be the hardest thing for Cari to write in a way that makes sense. But I really do hope that a full harem ending won't be possible. A few rare pairings that make sense are fine, but in all other cases I am waiting for some kind of dismount point (heh, literally) where we have to decide who to go for and who to say goodbye to.
How to write this without creating bad blood and hurt feelings, I seriously wouldn't know. I'm really glad I'm not the one who has to figure that out.

Anyone with an updated Alex signature?
There's no need for updated signatures. All hail the queen. The point in time matters not.

I know, right? Everyone knows the rules of making VNs: limited cast, limited setting, limited branching, pick all three or you will kill yourself with complexity. And then Caribdis comes along and goes, "which one is the most dangerous for a single dev? Limited setting? No problem, I'll make three completely new environments for this episode that you'll never visit again, what could go wrong?" And he does this episode after episode and still nothing goes wrong.

He knows how to pick his battles and doesn't do extensive branching or blow up the cast, with just a handful of characters that are neither throwaways nor the main eight, but I am still amazed by how well he tackles making loads and loads of new environments.
You know, I still have this theory that Cari used the funds from OIAL to buy HS asset packs. Hundreds of them. And the only reasonable way to utilize them is creating a place like Eternum that has no clear visual identity, but many different ones. A genius move if I do say so myself.

...me too.
As someone else already said, I still think Annie is the least interesting. Has no bearing on her being incredibly attractive and cute as a button but from a lore standpoint she's kind of bland right now. I'm sure it'll be rectified in the future though.

TemIIx

Sep 16, 2019
Ok, I lost.
Im here since the 0.2 update, i remember clearly when the 0.2 Update was released in December, i was stunned and, at the same time so excited to have discovered such an hidden gem... Now this game is not an hidden gem anymore, it became one of the top games of this site and thanks to Cari we have 2 annual updates full of content.
I promised myself to never pirate Eternum again after the 0.2, since my private life is not all fun and games i have to manage my spending, i have resisted until now by only playing the public release, however after 3 days i couldn't take it anymore and i download it, this is not a post of review, that will come when the public release will drop, for the time being i wanted to say sorry to Caribdis for having pirated his game, i spoke very little with Caribdis in Discord(s) servers and i can assure you that he is absolutely the nicest person ever..i know he got VERY mad when the game was leaked here the first day and i tried to resist as much as possible.. but i failed.
This stupid ass long post is just to tell you guys that from now i decided to support the official Patreon of Caribdis,(you should do the same, Plus his discord is very beautiful and i can't wait to speak with all the fellow Eternum enjoyers in there) when my paycheck will come one of the first thing i'll do is to subscribe to Cari... and i have to say that im quite excited, usually i hate spend my money:KEK:
I just want to remember you guys that Caribdis likes every review of his game, even here, on a pirate site, just this says a lot about his person.(Not like someother dev who bans you just for making constructive critics.. *Cough Dpc *Cough.
Sorry for this post but i felt very bad playing before the public release and i wanted to clear a little of my conscience.

PS, i little though of the final scene: That Alex scene, Cari you outdid yourself again... i think it is ONE of the best Lewd scene in the AVN history

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I agree that this is gonna be the hardest thing for Cari to write in a way that makes sense. But I really do hope that a full harem ending won't be possible. A few rare pairings that make sense are fine, but in all other cases I am waiting for some kind of dismount point (heh, literally) where we have to decide who to go for and who to say goodbye to.
How to write this without creating bad blood and hurt feelings, I seriously wouldn't know. I'm really glad I'm not the one who has to figure that out.
Pretty sure the full harem route is meant to be "default" true path of the game until the end. And not writing it like that would likely lead to a massive backlash for Cari.

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Ok, I lost.
Im here since the 0.2 update, i remember clearly when the 0.2 Update was released in December, i was stunned and, at the same time so excited to have discovered such an hidden gem... Now this game is not an hidden gem anymore, it became one of the top games of this site and thanks to Cari we have 2 annual updates full of content.
I promised myself to never pirate Eternum again after the 0.2, since my private life is not all fun and games i have to manage my spending, i have resisted until now by only playing the public release, however after 3 days i couldn't take it anymore and i download it, this is not a post of review, that will come when the public release will drop, for the time being i wanted to say sorry to Caribdis for having pirated his game, i spoke very little with Caribdis in Discord(s) servers and i can assure you that he is absolutely the nicest person ever..i know he got VERY mad when the game was leaked here the first day and i tried to resist as much as possible.. but i failed.
This stupid ass long post is just to tell you guys that from now i decided to support the official Patreon of Caribdis,(you should do the same, Plus his discord is very beautiful and i can't wait to speak with all the fellow Eternum enjoyers in there) when my paycheck will come one of the first thing i'll do is to subscribe to Cari... and i have to say that im quite excited, usually i hate spend my money:KEK:
I just want to remember you guys that Caribdis likes every review of his game, even here, on a pirate site, just this says a lot about his person.(Not like someother dev who bans you just for making constructive critics.. *Cough Dpc *Cough.
Sorry for this post but i felt very bad playing before the public release and i wanted to clear a little of my conscience.

PS, i little though of the final scene: That Alex scene, Cari you outdid yourself again... i think it is ONE of the best Lewd scene in the AVN history
I've been a Patron since OIAL and continue to be one. Doesn't mean I can't hang out here and share thoughts with people that sport a peg leg and eyepatch. Every opinion is valid. I'm pretty sure I'm far from the only one to do this either. But I get the message you want to send and the need for someone to do it, kudos to you.

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Pretty sure the full harem route is meant to be "default" true path of the game until the end. And not writing it like that would likely lead to a massive backlash for Cari.
You'd have a far better chance hoping for second scene with Eve than thinking that a full harem ending won't be a thing.

View attachment 2822929

Sauce:

View attachment 2822931

Sauce:
God damnit. I suspected as much but haven't read any official confirmation yet. It's a shame and it won't make any more sense than it did in OIAL. Well at least no one will get mad besides me. :HideThePain:

*shrugs* Even Alex knows it....
View attachment 2822964
:WutFace:
Stop putting words in her mouth, she would never say that!
...or my name, for that matter :cry:

TemIIx

Sep 16, 2019
I've been a Patron since OIAL and continue to be one. Doesn't mean I can't hang out here and share thoughts with people that sport a peg leg and eyepatch. Every opinion is valid. I'm pretty sure I'm far from the only one to do this either. But I get the message you want to send and the need for someone to do it, kudos to you.
I know that my message probably sounded cringy, but i just wanted to take off my chest this weight :KEK:
He is probably one of the ''few'' Devs who actually deliver amazing quality with amazing constancy, he deserves this and much much more.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Did you know, that 0.6 also had no cliffhanger ending? :)
That was obviously a lie/joke considering it's harder to NOT make a cliffhanger end for a VN with episodic chapters (especially since Cari has had a knack for that shit since OIAL).

Him confirming harem end isn't because he'll have to answer to A LOT of people if that ends up not being a thing (and from what I can tell a significant chunk of his fans like it BECAUSE of the harem fantasy).

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Him confirming harem end isn't because he'll have to answer to A LOT of people if that ends up not being a thing (and from what I can tell a significant chunk of his fans like it BECAUSE of the harem fantasy).
Honestly, I don't even know how he will be able to do solo ending without making them "weird", the whole game is based on the Harem (you even loss quite a lot of content if you're not on every girl path). I tried the solo endings in OIALT and they were clearly meh, just a shorter harem ending

Reactions: Dorfnutter

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
It's the easier option for sure but from a story point of view it makes no sense whatsoever. Just as it didn't in OIAL.
But yea i've been hanging around the VN scene for quite a while now and I'm quite familiar with the widespread allergic reaction to decision, conflict and consequence. I'll manage.

I knowwwwww!
Two slots are not near enough! Am i supposed to take off Josy? Nu-uh :KEK: Good times when this site had 3 slots for the gif Sign..
It still does if you're a donor.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Honestly, I don't even know how he will be able to do solo ending without making them "weird", the whole game is based on the Harem (you even loss quite a lot of content if you're not on every girl path). I tried the solo endings in OIALT and they were clearly meh, just a shorter harem ending
It's the easier option for sure but from a story point of view it makes no sense whatsoever. Just as it didn't in OIAL.
But yea i've been hanging around the VN scene for quite a while now and I'm quite familiar with the widespread allergic reaction to decision, conflict and consequence. I'll manage.
I feel like that's why Cari is taking greater effort in building up the "sisterhood" of the girls this time around. With OIAL, the harem development was absolutely undercooked because you have obvious gaps in the friendship/camaraderie/bonding/interaction aspect between other girls. Like Jasmine, for one, being locked in interacting with Lauren and Judie and Rebecca but not so much with Iris or Aiko or Carla (and even then her interactions with Judie and Rebecca were sparse that no bond was ever made with any of them).

Not so much here where you pretty much have the girls interacting with one another and forming friendships and actually doing stuff as a team. Is it crazy in-depth where some drama could arise? Probably not (a few rivalries here and there but I don't expect waterworks or serious catfights will emerge), but it would allow the eventual "holy shit we're in a harem" reveal and acceptance a little more plausible than...whatever the hell OIAL had.

4.80 star(s) 911 Votes