Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I mean, technically 0.6 hasn't even had it's public release yet ...
Yeah, and that's on the 22nd. Add a week after that as rest and prep time for Cari, then 5 months and a week or two aaaaaand...

/crunches numbers

...yeah, we're probably going to get 0.7 around late January 2024 at the (very) earliest or early to mid February 2024 at the latest (maybe late Feb if dev time doesn't go swimmingly like in 0.6's case when Cari got sick for a while).

Last edited:

sampow

May 14, 2023
I'm not a fan of Chang. But I'm not a fan of any male friends in a game. Annie is #1 friend and best girl. My opinion. No need for anyone to get their panties in a twist over my opinion. :p
Chang is clearly the Stabby Mike of Eternum. I loved how he was already one of the cool kids on day one and Dalia is like, "And Chang" as if he'd been part of the cool kid group forever. :ROFLMAO:

The best thing about Chang is he's not the story very often. Just enough to be funny and not wear out his welcome (unlike every other "best friend" character in these games"). (y)

Last edited:

deepsauce47

Jan 3, 2023
It seems like we're on track for a total development time of around 5 years. That's a long time, but quality can't be rushed. This is a much more ambitious project than OIALT was.

Personally I'm going to try to play the updates in pairs, so waiting until .7. Caribdis has proven himself to be a reliable producer of content.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yeah, and that's on the 22nd. Add a week after that as rest and prep time for Cari, then 5 months and a week or two aaaaaand...

/crunches numbers

...yeah, we're probably going to get 0.7 around late January 2024 at the (very) earliest or early to mid February 2024 at the latest (maybe late Feb if dev time doesn't go swimmingly like in 0.6's case when Cari got sick for a while).
... you do this to make everyone do a double-take every few days, don't you? (not talking about the post itself).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It seems like we're on track for a total development time of around 5 years. That's a long time, but quality can't be rushed. This is a much more ambitious project than OIALT was.

Personally I'm going to try to play the updates in pairs, so waiting until .7. Caribdis has proven himself to be a reliable producer of content.
5 years total? Lol no.

Reactions: Dylan741 and Ellyx

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Can someone explain why people play games they don't like? Seriously?

Yes, Caribdis made a harem game catering to his supporters. But for some reason, this upsets people enough to KEEP PLAYING A GAME THEY DON'T LIKE.

And don't reply to this with "I like the game BUT" ... you don't like the game Caribdis is making. He's making a game catering to fans of Harems ... there's a good chance Caribdis is one of them.

So why are people constantly complaining over and over again? There are SO MANY GAMES on this site that would probably be more to their liking.

Also, sorry if someone feels targeted, I'm saying this to ALL the people constantly complaining that the game isn't what they want. We're far enough into the story that you should know by now if you want to keep playing or not. The overall style and feel isn't going to change at this point.

The game is doing well and the art and writing is pretty fantastic by most people's standards. It's time for people to move on and find a game that caters more towards their tastes. This game is what it is, and complaining that what it is isn't what you want is just annoying to everyone enjoying it.

And DON'T come back at me about criticism. Nothing about the recent Harem and Maat complaints are criticism, it's just people complaining that they're not getting what they want, or there not GOING to get what they want, and ranting over and over about the same thing page after page isn't going to get what they want.

At best it'll get the thread culled, at worst ... actually, I don't know if a game can get pulled from F95 for over-abuse of the thread, but that would be the worst as I see it.

Alright, I'm done with MY rant now. I need a nap.
Those with tiny brains only get pleasure from tearing down what others enjoy.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019

I think there was as much new content in 0.6 as most developers provide in two updates, so I wouldn't wait.

I was just thinking that Westerns on film and on TV wouldn't have gone into such a sharp decline over the last fifty years or so if only more of the female characters had dressed in outfits like Dalia, Alex and Calypso wore on the Blackridge server.

Reactions: deepsauce47

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Well the first public release was on Sept 16 2021 and the public release for 0.6 is August 22 2023, so basically 1 years and 11 months for 6 updates. Caribdis planned between 12 and 20 updates for Eternum so it will require between 3Y10M and 6Y4M20D (it's approx because the wait between updates keeps growing + need to add the development time before the first release)
to be completed
5 years seems to fit (y) (honestly I see it going far beyond five years)

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Well the first public release was on Sept 16 2021 and the public release for 0.6 is August 22 2023, so basically 1 years and 11 months for 6 updates. Caribdis planned between 12 and 20 updates for Eternum so it will require between 3Y10M and 6Y4M20D (it's approx because the wait between updates keeps growing)
to be completed
5 years seems to fit (y)
Eh? Don't you mean 3 years for all 6 updates?

2021 - 0.1 and 0.2

2022 - 0.3 and 0.4

2023 - 0.5 and 0.6

So if we're keeping the 2 updates per year sched and the plan is for something in between 12 and 20 updates, you're looking at an additional 3 to 7 years of development time...bringing the total to...

/crunches numbers

...somewhere in between 6 to 10 years worth of dev time, total.

(Personally I still think he's going to target 15-16 updates total, since that still falls under the "in between 12 and 20 updates" target. Anything beyond that feels overkill, but that's just my opinion)

Reactions: Ellyx

deepsauce47

Jan 3, 2023
^ That makes sense, honestly I just chose 5 since that tracks at the bottom end with the 12-20 updates he mentioned, and I couldn't imagine it being longer than that.

I suppose the total time doesn't matter though, it's more that lots of content is released consistently. Which has been the case so far.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Can someone explain why people play games they don't like? Seriously?
This is a question i think about since i joined this forum. Some people like to rant cause it makes them feeling better cause their lives aren't that interesting. Criticizing someone others work make them feeling more important, the best words had been said by
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022

2021 - 0.1 and 0.2

2022 - 0.3 and 0.4

2023 - 0.5 and 0.6

So if we're keeping the 2 updates per year sched and the plan is for something in between 12 and 20 updates, you're looking at an additional 3 to 7 years of development time...bringing the total to...

/crunches numbers

...somewhere in between 6 to 10 years development, total.

(Personally I still think he's going to target 15-16 updates total, since that still falls under the "in between 12 and 20 updates" target. Anything beyond that feels overkill, but that's just my opinion)
Yeah this might be more accurate especially since the wait between updates gets longer. (I thought 0.1 was released on September 16 2021 and 0.2 on December 24 2021, if not my bad)

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020

2021 - 0.1 and 0.2

2022 - 0.3 and 0.4

2023 - 0.5 and 0.6

/crunches numbers

...somewhere in between 6 to 10 years worth of dev time, total.

No what he said in term of time is correct, if 0.1 was in Sept 2021 and 0.6 in Aug 2023, it does not even make 2 years. If we count with the dev time before 0.1 it's a little more time than 2 years

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
View attachment 2825370

Eva's new look is hot af, i hope this is not a cameo appearance, making her look this good and forgotten about it just :cry:
While Eva's looking very good, be sure not to get caught giving her a few glances with these two ladies right behind you:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 9, 2022
we're probably going to get 0.7 around late January 2024 at the (very) earliest or early to mid February 2024 at the latest
I'd say February. Factor in Christmas time, the fact that later development is always more complex and we're looking at about that. But that is still super impressive. Most devs put one update in the timeframe where Cari does 2.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
No what he said in term of time is correct, if 0.1 was in Sept 2021 and 0.6 in Aug 2023, it does not even make 2 years. If we count with the dev time before 0.1 it's a little more time than 2 years
Still doesn't change the fact that we've been getting 2 updates per year though (and it's likely going to stay that way unless Cari does the unthinkable and release a story-only update...without any lewds), so better to base it off on that to know just how many years there are to go before the inevitable conclusion. /shrugs

Reactions: Kamuisaki
Dec 9, 2022
out of curiosity, does anyone of you play this game non-harem as in you just stick with one girl?
Some other non-harem games that are now deep in development take so much time to play through. And there's overlapping parts for each path. I usually lose interest because I don't know which LI to focus on and then it becomes a chore at that point, just to grind through it all.

Harem saves time, explores 100% and at the expense of a freaking fantasy story not being 100% realistic. Good deal.

4.80 star(s) 902 Votes