Dec 6, 2017
Hello guys, played this game and now i have a question about mc appearance, is it possible to change it, like skin colour (maybe there is some mods for eternum) ????

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Hello guys, played this game and now i have a question about mc appearance, is it possible to change it, like skin colour (maybe there is some mods for eternum) ????
I don't believe so. As for any mods, who knows if they'll be made to maybe change the protagonist's haircut but they haven't been created so far.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Nope, you can't change MC's skin color and mods will likely be difficult to implement in that regard since sprites aren't separate from the pics and most animations are in a vid format (which will make alterations on MC's body doubly difficult to mod). However certain parts of his appearance do change as the story progresses (i.e. haircut and body size).

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Considering how dumb the MC of OIAL is for the most part...hiding in plain sight is pretty much fine. No need to exert the extra effort of, say, having to hide in a cardboard box or something.
Quite ironic how he recognized "dildo Guy" seconds after this but not one of the main antagonist ,kills me every time I see this pic

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
--he won't see me
I know

On a salty side note, there is NO FUCKIN' POINT to Media inserts.

Youtube just does NOT let you put media content on the site without watching it on Youtube so I might as well link it so everyone can see it for themselves.

FUCK YOU YOUTUBE!

There needs to be links to Odyssee and Rumble and let them go!

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Quite ironic how he recognized "dildo Guy" seconds after this but not one of the main antagonist kills me every time I see this pic
Man's just as bad as Orion in that regard: too busy looking for one of the girls of his harem that he's unaware of his own surroundings...

...Oh wait no, he's basically worse. At least Orion has the smarts, the beefcake bod, and a somewhat better control of his powers even before the story has hit its halfway mark. OIAL's MC has to wait until the last 2 updates for him to be even aware that he has any sort of powers. And prior to that he has to rely on Lauren and Judie's smarts and his own pure blind luck and somewhat good-naturedness (and I'm being fucking generous in that regard) to survive through the shit he goes through in the story.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Man's just as bad as Orion in that regard: too busy looking for one of the girls of his harem that he's unaware of his own surroundings...

...Oh wait no, he's basically worse. At least Orion has the smarts, the beefcake bod, and a somewhat better control of his powers even before the story has hit its halfway mark. OIAL's MC has to wait until the last 2 updates for him to be even aware that he has any sort of powers. And prior to that he has to rely on Lauren and Judie's smarts and his own pure blind luck and somewhat good-naturedness (and I'm being fucking generous in that regard) to survive through the shit he goes through in the story.
OIALT's protagonist is indeed a textbook case of plot armour. And Mr. Richards after v0.2 said he would improve himself which he's done (and got bigger, stronger (ask Brock in that regard) and controls much better his abilities).

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017

Not to mention they wanted him alive after a while. That's one of the reasons I am extremely leery on the big consequences the story is setting up and how they're handled. It's a good local story and a good first attempt without explaining the magic (which I'll handwave) right along with working to complete MOST of the game and moving to another (Eternum) and tying up loose ends.

But to say it's flawed is an understatement. Credit where due, a caveman could get a fap, but I'm looking at the girls left behind until their turn, how they don't do much for you (and Lauren/Judie do everything) and how the MC has to be guided by fate while the girls just don't have that relationship established as needed.

I do like that most of the girls are starting to have their development and talk even if MC in Eternum is sweating a lot more but we'll see how this goes and how he gets it handled before I say it's better or worse.

Reactions: Dorfnutter

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Almost done with 0.5...

Should I wait a few days for Public release...

Or sail the seas...?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Almost done with 0.5...

Should I wait a few days for Public release...

Or sail the seas...?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Depends on how you'll generally react to the cliffhanger end I suppose.

Will it make you want to continue to know what comes next, or will you take a break to process what the end basically reveals?

Up to you I think (lol).

Reactions: Ungawa

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Depends on how you'll generally react to the cliffhanger end I suppose.

Will it make you want to continue to know what comes next, or will you take a break to process what the end basically reveals?

Up to you I think (lol).
Honestly, it's that, Pale Carnations (about to update) and checking out some of these games that got me sweatin' like a whore in church as I look at people's signatures...

Just seeing the previews, I wanna see the Alex scene among others but it's like...

Wait and then join the 0.7 wait for a few months or keep the train rolling with these other ones.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
OIALT's protagonist is indeed a textbook case of plot armour. And Mr. Richards after v0.2 said he would improve himself which he's done (and got bigger, stronger (ask Brody in that regard) and controls much better his abilities).
Yeah, OIALT's protagonist had, for me, a bit too much of the "shonen protagonist" syndrome. Dumber than others main characters (despite having his moments of clairvoyance), relies too much on "smart" characters (aka his sisters) and he's more powerful than anyone else without even knowing it and how to "activate" his powers. (I mean he clearly beats his father just because he's the main protagonist)
That's the reason I don't feel "attached" to him like I am with Orion.He has his own personnality, he thinks before acting (most the time) and grow up stonger update after update(and has a good lore behind his name too), characters development was what was missing primarly in OIALT.Caribdis did well not only with the LI but with the MC too and that's quite rare with AVN.

Dec 6, 2017
Are you from Hollywood? That's where people are always on about changing the color of an established characters' skin. And gender. And sexual preference...
Nope), im just curious about about changing the appearance that id like to change (cause i like to create funny ugly character that is fun to watch girls treating to him like handsome one), except of girls that is truly perfect, each one is on her way

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yeah, OIALT's protagonist had, for me, a bit too much of the "shonen protagonist" syndrome. Dumber than others main characters (despite having his moments of clairvoyance), relies too much on "smart" characters (aka his sisters) and he's more powerful than anyone else without even knowing it and how to "activate" his powers. (I mean he clearly beats his father just because he's the main protagonist)
That's the reason I don't feel "attached" to him like I am with Orion.He has his own personnality, he thinks before acting (most the time) and grow up stonger update after update(and has a good lore behind his name too), characters development was what was missing primarly in OIALT.Caribdis did well not only with the LI but with the MC too and that's quite rare with AVN.
Well to partially justify Caribdis, OIAL was his first game, and he still was relaying heavily on the tropes of some japanese eroges and still refining his own skills as a writer, so the mC was bland in comparison to Orion.
Eternum turned out in a Huge step by him in terms of writing (both the story and dialogues), and while kept some of the same patterns of OIAL it uses them way more efficiently and with a better balance in every aspects of the characters ( MC + girls) and on the story that the difference is striking.
For example we don't have a deus ex machina like Mike was ( which is a pity a little imho) or the girls to make the story go through, but we have a better mix of everything.
And considering this is only his second game, I would dare to say that his growth as an author was incredible ( an he can only improve).:)

Fornsworn

Oct 8, 2017
That's assuming the cliffhanger from this update ends on a "peaceful" note by the beginning of 0.7, and not with Orion getting shot and Alex getting taken by her father and his goons, leading to the former spending half or the entire update in Eternum trying to get back to the real (with Caly's help around the end of his time there) and resurrecting once he gets back (and maybe dragging Caly into the real in the process).
from a certain point of view i think it would be pointless for William to kill him, i see him as more reasonable man than that
I'm not sure, the story doesn't really explain what happens to players inventory when they die in real world without connecting to the game, but I assume to get gems from him this way will be more challenging than let him live with the cards drawn on the table
(and now he is confident that he has strong cards)

and even if this wasn't the main reason, he can still try control Calypso through Orion, the story hints her as a "weapon" that can be controled only by someone who she likes/(maybe love) ...... Thanatos can tell :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Nope), im just curious about about changing the appearance that id like to change (cause i like to create funny ugly character that is fun to watch girls treating to him like handsome one), except of girls that is truly perfect, each one is on her way
In a game like Eternum customization is pretty much not possible due to technical reasons. Every picture is pre-rendered, so if you give the player some "options" for how certain characters look or what they're wearing, you'd have to render every option and every possible combination of options before release. That would just balloon the amount of work the developer would have to do out of all proportions.

Games that allow customizations generally are using 2D "paper dolls" so you can switch out one paper doll for another (for example with different cloths and/or skin color) relatively easily without having to account for lighting, shadows and so on.

4.80 star(s) 918 Votes