Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
I love Nova chibi.png *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

We still have 4 years of Eternum ahead of us. I rather have him work 100% on that than do anything to a game, that essentially is finished.

OIAL just doesn't really hold up visually anymore anyway, compared to Eternum and other games now. Like...OIAL was nice and a very good first game, but it really pales compared to Eternum. How can he return to that, even only for an epilogue without it looking massively out of date?
Still when I replay OIALT and that frame appears,
Screenshot 2023-08-20 180052.png
it still makes me kinda sad that there won't be more content :cry:(but I guess that's just the fan in me speaking here)

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
View attachment 2865285 *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Still when I replay OIALT and that frame appears,
View attachment 2865328
it still makes me kinda sad that there won't be more content :cry:(but I guess that's just the fan in me speaking here)
It probably depends on your relationship with the game. For me...I was just late to the party and only played OiaL after playing Eternum for the first time (I think it already was at version 0.5). If you make that jump from Eternum to OiaL, OiaL has somewhat of an unfair, uphill battle to fight. So, while I liked the game in the end, I never connected anywhere near as much with it than I did with Eternum. That also means for me that I don't really need an epilogue for OiaL, especially not if it would mean slowing down the development of Eternum.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ellyx

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
It probably depends on your relationship with the game. For me...I was just late to the party and only played OiaL after playing Eternum for the first time (I think it already was at version 0.5). If you make that jump from Eternum to OiaL, OiaL has somewhat of an unfair, uphill battle to fight. So, while I liked the game in the end, I never connected anywhere near as much with it than I did with Eternum. That also means for me that I don't really need an epilogue for OiaL, especially not if it would mean slowing down the development of Eternum.
I understand your point here, certainly if you did OIALT after Eternum, the former can feel outdated (especially the beginning of the game) and even I, would rate Eternum much higher than OIALT but that's just normal because Caribdis improved in every aspect (humor,story telling/pacing,better incorporation of the LI to the story which was the biggest flaw of OIALT, lewdness, animations,...) and not gonna lie I prefer HS2 models to HS1 ones (even if I really love Pale Carnations models).
OIALT was my introduction to the AVN genre so I will always keep it in my favorites (and Caribdis as my favorite dev too) and I will never get tired of playing it again :giggle:.
Then again as someone who don't hold OIALT as dear as me I can totally understand why you wouldn't want Caribdis to delay the development of Eternum to make a more developed epilogue for OIALT :).

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
OIALT was my introduction to the AVN genre so I will always keep it in my favorites (and Caribdis as my favorite dev too) and I will never get tired of playing it again :giggle:.
Yeah, okay...THAT is a very different point of reference. :ROFLMAO:

For me that would be BaDIK...and I would follow that thread closer, if that one wouldn't be such a madhouse. :HideThePain:

Reactions: Ellyx and [VEN0M]

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I remember passing by OIAL's thread when it was around...version 0.6, I think? Back then I kinda dismissed it because I saw Reb's render then looked at the sisters' renders and thought "Ugh...another HS1 dev who doesn't know how to make his models look consistent with one another."

Flash forward to around the time 0.10 released and I was bored and looking for a new game to play. So I sorted the games based on "weighted rating" and thought "Oh...it's that game again...and it's completed...and it's in the top 10. Huh. Okay, I have nothing better to do, might as well check it out."

Granted, I thought the first chapter started pretty weak. But being the bored guy that I was, I was willing to give it the "three chapter rule," that being if it doesn't pique my interest around the third chapter, I'll drop it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...I don't know if it was the boredom, or wanting something fun despite the stress from worrying about COVID, or me just not expecting something funny out of the game (because I seem to recall the entire chapter not being that funny UNTIL the moment above), or a combination of all those factors. Either way...I remember laughing real hard when I saw it, and from then on I was like "okay, even if I end up not liking this overall, I'm going to finish this until the very end just to see this schmuck have his vengeance by boinking the ever-loving hell out of those two sisters in the end."

And yeah, by the end of it I suppose I got waaaay too invested with the story despite my reservations with it (i.e. Stabby Mike being an overutilized plot device, Asmo being relegated to the sidelines once Mike entered the picture, the entire cult that supposedly has tendrils all over the world only being represented by the head honchos who prefer a more hands-on approach instead of letting their supposedly numerous followers do the dirty work for them, Jasmine not having a bigger role in the story despite her dad being a primary antagonist, the harem relationship being totally undercooked and feeling rushed, so. MANY. FUCKING. QUIZ SECTIONS...) and I would've liked it if the planned Epilogue pushed through. Doesn't matter when it drops, or if the renders are made using HS2 (yes, I saw the Secret Ending. No, I didn't thought it was THAT jarring and still felt like it's set in the same world). I just want to see it drop because...

...I dunno, maybe I just don't like the idea of a creator promising that there's still a chapter left to tell (even if the end felt like the end), but then just not following through with it. I mean, it's not as if I don't understand WHY Cari would shelve it (I think it's smart, really, focusing on what the majority wants him to see done). But...I dunno, I think there's just something nice in seeing a creator who managed to get big from the lessons he learned from his old work to just...look back to where it all started and just give it at least a little love.

At least, that's just my opinion on the matter. /shrugs

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I remembered passing by OIAL's thread when it was around...version 0.6, I think? Back then I kinda dismissed it because I saw Reb's render then looked at the sisters' renders and thought "Ugh...another HS1 dev who doesn't know how to make his models look consistent with one another."

Flash forward to around the time 0.10 released and I was bored and looking for a new game to play. So I sorted the games based on "weighted rating" and thought "Oh...it's that game again...and it's completed...and it's in the top 10. Huh. Okay, I have nothing better to do, might as well check it out."

Granted, I thought the first chapter started pretty weak. But being the bored guy that I was, I was willing to give it the "three chapter rule," that being if it doesn't pique my interest around the third chapter, I'll drop it.
...I don't know if it was the boredom, or wanting something fun despite the stress from worrying about COVID, or me just not expecting something funny out of the game (because I seem to recall the entire chapter not being that funny UNTIL the moment above), or a combination of all those factors. Either way...I remember laughing real hard when I saw it, and from then on I was like "okay, even if I end up not liking this overall, I'm going to finish this until the very end just to see this schmuck have his vengeance by boinking the ever-loving hell out of those two sisters in the end."

And yeah, by the end of it I suppose I got waaaay too invested with the story despite my reservations with it (i.e. Stabby Mike being an overutilized plot device, Asmo being relegated to the sidelines once Mike entered the picture, the entire cult that supposedly has tendrils all over the world only being represented by the head honchos who prefer a more hands-on approach instead of letting their supposedly numerous followers do the dirty work for them, Jasmine not having a bigger role in the story despite her dad being a primary antagonist, the harem relationship being totally undercooked and feeling rushed, so. MANY. FUCKING. QUIZ SECTIONS...) and I would've liked it if the planned Epilogue pushed through. Doesn't matter when it drops, or if the renders are made using HS2 (yes, I saw the Secret Ending. No, I didn't thought it was THAT jarring and still felt like it's set in the same world). I just want to see it drop because...

...I dunno, maybe I just don't like the idea of a creator promising that there's still a chapter left to tell (even if the end felt like the end), but then just not following through with it. I mean, it's not as if I don't understand WHY Cari would shelve it (I think it's smart, really, focusing on what the majority wants him to see done). But...I dunno, I think there's just something nice in seeing a creator who managed to get big from the lessons he learned from his old work to just...look back to where it all started and just give it at least a little love.

I couldn't have wrote it better, it was exactly like you said from the start to the end to me as well.
It was more a learning process for him, something that gave him all he needed to polish his skills and create.. Eternum.
While it have a story that flows from the begin to the end OIAL is more of a big experiment in storytelling/developing than a game ( and despite that it's still a good one).
Now I don't think he will leave it like that, but my opinion is that he will go back to it only when ready to basically redo it, so I don't expect him to take those characters again in the near future, but only when he will finish all the others stories he have in mind.
I think he want to leave it slowly fading away from interest, until it will be the time to pick it up again, and doing what he couldn't do during it's development, imho. :)

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Yeah, okay...THAT is a very different point of reference. :ROFLMAO:

For me that would be BaDIK...and I would follow that thread closer, if that one wouldn't be such a madhouse. :HideThePain:
Yeah BadiK.... what a thread it is, went here for like 5 minutes saw that people were clashing each other, I saw people post "when update?" every 3 posts and there was like 1 millions pages on the thread so I kind of give up on trying to follow it otherwise I would need this tent.jpg for just trying to keep up with all the posts.
Even here on some days (especially around the update before/after) it's kinda hard to follow when you are working too. :p

I remember passing by OIAL's thread when it was around...version 0.6, I think? Back then I kinda dismissed it because I saw Reb's render then looked at the sisters' renders and thought "Ugh...another HS1 dev who doesn't know how to make his models look consistent with one another."

I love annie chibi.png Annie shy chibi.png Annie hey chibi.png Annie chibi.png *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Couldn't agree more with this, I discovered it when it was already completed (main reason of why I started with this one + great ratings ofc). Still waiting for that epilogue because the way it ends will always leave me hungry for more, the ending was a bit too rushed (don't know if Caribdis got kinda tired of working on it and was impatient to work on Eternum, which can be understandable :unsure:).
I mean the ending is not bad but, for me it's the part of a serie/game/movie that really need to be polished and be outstanding otherwise it could kill your entire experience (*cough*like G.O.T*cough*) and in OIALT case, yeah I was wainting for another ending :).
And speaking about quizz fortunatly we only had one for now, the only one I enjoyed in OIALT was the one during the TV show :WutFace:

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023
Yeah BadiK.... what a thread it is, went here for like 5 minutes saw that people were clashing each other,
Coming from other forums where many users misuse their anonymity to behave like rabid chihuahuas on crack I never really saw much appeal in interacting with any of those "communities". Then me reading Eternum's thread and you see stuff like this (just random recent example that was quickly dug up, hope you don't mind):

Uhm guys I'm sorry but I owe my apologies to Takkatakka.
My last post was a (poor) attempt to make a joke about the fact that we talked about Luna summoning Orion from the dead with her powers.
But looking at the picture again, it sounded to me that I was telling him to shut up and that wasn't my intention to do so, I apologise again and I will try to keep my "humorous" attempt in check.
I apologise to anyone else that may have found the pic offensive, I'm sorry it wasn't my intention at all. :)
Again sorry Takkatakka.
Like... HELLO? We are on the internet? How dare you watch out for other peoples feelings and be nice to them? Aren't you supposed to fi-... hmm, ok this actually looks kinda fun.
1692564803619.png
And that's essentially how Eternum was originally at fault for why I started to interact with a whole bunch of communities here now were I normally only lurked to have my peace.:giggle:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 929 Votes