foshep

Apr 16, 2022
So I noticed both of Nova's scenes used Silverware by Katnip as BGM, right? So I decided to listen to their other songs.

Who wants to bet is gonna be in an upcoming scene?

(Also there's two scenes that use songs by Lu Ni; more songs of his will probably be used, but not sure which)

Reactions: OUndrAnt

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I played this game right when it came out. Before I redownload, can we get with the super cool raven haired glove girl yet?
She has - at least in my opinion - some of the best scenes so far in the games, although those aren't sex scenes. In that regard she is actually the LI with the least one as of now (only one with a bit of pussy play). She is supposed to have a lot of screen time in the next update, but I doubt it will already be a full sex scene. So if that would be the main motivation to play the game, I'm afraid you have to wait...probably another years or so, to be honest. The game is overall a slow burner, but over the next two upgrades it will probably reach the point at which full sex scenes with pretty much all the LIs will become more and more common, including threesomes and maybe foursomes at some point.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Unfortunately you best get used to it since the engine the dev is using doesn't allow for anything between "young hot female" to "slightly wrinkled lady but still looks kinda young for her age."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, I was going to say that a lot of it is the program used to create the game. You beat me to it.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Nah it's not the character trope it's what possible scenes she could have with Orion that would justify having her be one of those 3 lewd scenes that are 15+ animations-worth. Hence me trying to think what scenes/positions they could do...hence the cursed stray thought.

Think the 46 years dialogue is an error that could still be rectified. Possible that that's a booboo on the script that Cari forgot to change (like that error with Penny still mentioning she was in her Freshman year in the opening chapter when in 0.5 it's indicated that she's been in college for quite a while).

Edit: No wait I'm an idiot, it tracks. The dialogue was "45 years before Eternum's launch (not 46 years)." 1979 + 45 is basically 2024, so it's still close enough to the approved timeline (where Eternum was said to have launched around 2022-2023).

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Nancy is already an outlier as the only LI well above 30. So...I guess one could make an argument, that you might get a few more "milf" fans to play the game if you make her look older. But I think the idea is more not to visually set her too much apart from the rest, since the main audience of the game is probably more into younger women between 18 and 25. I think it works okay, since the characters are heavily stylized anyway, among other things because they are designed with HS2.
True and some of us are older than the "milf" and saying "Damn, how'd she do that without getting fat"

I mean, after 200 or 300 years, the fat just collects in the head or the stomach and...

Why are ya'll looking at me weird?

• Thinking Face

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
HS2/HS1 modding community seems intent on continuing despite the "disappearance"-sorry, "rebranding" of Illusion, if the posts on their Discord channel are to be believed. So unless the newly rebranded Illusion or the company whom they happen to sell the rights to their past games start serving CnDs like crazy, things are just going to be "business as usual" it seems (with HS1/HS2 likely living on under their BetterRepack versions or the SSDs of those who have purchased it before the titles get pulled out from sale on Steam).
What's this about a rebranding if I may ask? I heard the company was closing down :unsure: was this just a marketing ploy/plan to "cleanse" themselves of the lewd game brand?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
What's this about a rebranding if I may ask? I heard the company was closing down :unsure: was this just a marketing ploy/plan to "cleanse" themselves of the lewd game brand?

Edit: (As for why they would choose to rebrand while still delisting their stuff on Steam...well there's a lot of theories, though one of the popular ones is that they might be distancing themselves completely from being associated with Rapelay, which gave them quite a lot of grief iirc)

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
wtf, what was the point of that :KEK: feel like its some tax evasion shit going on, or parent company didn't want to be associated with eroge anymore

tho I do like the artstyle for this next game, hopefully it'll have the same level of modding HS1/2 and Koikatsu have, and we'll see new adult games made with it

Though I am interested to see what a "Honey Select 3" will look like, with a different name of course :WeSmart:

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
wtf, what was the point of that :KEK: feel like its some tax evasion shit going on

tho I do like the artstyle for this next game, hopefully it'll have the same level of modding HS1/2 and Koikatsu have, and we'll see new adult games made with it

Though I am interested to see what a "Honey Select 3" will look like, with a different name of course :WeSmart:
If it ends up being like Room Girl (which was a bitch to mod and contributed to its stagnant sales) then the new game and the rebrand could be dead on arrival.

Edit: Regardless, likely doesn't matter to Cari as he'll continue using HS2 until something similar comes along (hopefully from a dev that actually gives a damn about ease-of-use and modding and optimizing their games and isn't blind to the potential of their software as an AVN-making machine)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Phase_01

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
If they decide to do a THIRD HS retool, they're going to get a brand backlash and flat out rejection due to how they've split their base into HS1, HS2 and then an HS3.

You see this occur with all the Call of Duty games where they force the servers to die to get people to play the new ones or even old Need for Speed games which do the same thing.

Eventually, if they don't get their act together, people will find something that supports all that and then some while their shenanigans just run them into the ground.

• Thinking Face

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
If it ends up being like Room Girl (which was a bitch to mod and contributed to its stagnant sales) then the new game and the rebrand could be dead on arrival.
Man I hope not, I quite like the style
Poor sales for their "first game" would not look great for the company's prospects

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I can understand not playing a game 'cause you're not interested in enough of the girls, assuming the story alone isn't enough to capture your attention.

I will never understand asking if the ONE GIRL you were interested in when you checked out the game "a long time ago" has enough scenes to bring you back to the game. If that's all you want, you might as well just ask for a current "complete" save and go have at it. That, at least, makes some sense to me.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
A note aside, I may be a bit oblivious in these kind of business, but wouldn't allowing devs to use their machine (as long it is mentioned of course) give notoriety to their brand as well? I understand they wanted to protect their product, but it is hard to see this policy isn't good in the long term (like Eternum not possible to be on Steam). It doesn't seem a complete shutdown of the business, more like a rebranding (maybe to erase the company's image away from RapeLay), but still makes people to make more effort to piracy stuff.

It's like EA, I recall to fucking Sim City, yet they released a shitty game (and with DRM), and made me hate the company ever since. Many changed to Cities Skylines because of that. Same for Sega, I fucking love Sonic, but Sonic Mania release had Denuvo, only ended up buying it after they removed it. But it's hilarious how that was cracked in 2 days, and even worked better than the version with Denuvo.

Again, I understand a company needs to protect it's assets to survive, but sometimes some "eyes closed" can be beneficial as well, it's the principle of harm reduction. Just let's hope this rework won't bring harm to HS modding.

Here's a glimpse of Caribdis developing the game after he saw the news:

• Thinking Face

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
On a side note, thank you Jerry for that wonderful speech.

And blowing yourself up and erasing yourself for the rest of the update right at the beginning.

You did the entire fanbase a favor.
If only that happened permanently. Poor guy (not) :giggle::devilish:

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes