Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I mean she can act as a princess and still be a "hound." Being either one doesn't cancel the other, IMO.
It's more that it's a show of her... Standards?... Curiosity?... She's more or less breaking down. Whether that's from the connection with Orion as shown at the gas station, or something else, I really don't know.

Either way... She's getting the Orc D.

Reactions: [VEN0M] and ArDZer

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
It's more that it's a show of her... Standards?... Curiosity?... She's more or less breaking down. Whether that's from the connection with Orion as shown at the gas station, or something else, I really don't know.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019

Unless Orion turns into an orc while they're in a warcraft server or something, she better fucking not.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Anyway just to be clear I'm not saying she's being the way she is because of some sort of compulsion to be Orion's "hound." Rather, I'm saying that that's what I think is going to be her "role" given the many references Cari has been constantly throwing throughout the story regarding Orion (default name) and his mythological counterpart (i.e. the "coincidental" number of the LIs corresponding to the Pleiades, Orion's weird obsession back in Ogygia in hoping that Calypso was a ranged weapon that hunters usually favor (crossbow), Orion's body recently growing "larger" (in the myths Orion is basically a giant), Nova referencing Orion the Hunter when she saw his costume in 0.5, "The Huntsman" being one of the nickname/title choices this update).

And like I said, her recent actions are definitely not helping her escape the allegation. XD

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ungawa

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Dammit, I gotta freshen up on my myths...

The only direct connection they have with each other in the myths is that they're characters in Homer's "The Odyssey," with Caly being a nymph who lived in the island Ogygia and was a "love interest*" for the hero Odysseus/Ulysses, and Orion the Hunter being encountered (or more accurately, seen) by Odysseus/Ulysses during his trip in the underworld.

That being said, they never really interacted with one another (even in the Odyssey).

Edit: Should've added those air-quotes as emphasis given that she basically forced Odysseus/Ulysses to be her lover by trapping him in her island in the hopes that he would forget his quest to reunite with his wife Penelope and stay with her instead

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
The only direct connection they have with each other in the myths is that they're characters in Homer's "The Odyssey," with Caly being a nymph who lived in the island Ogygia and was a love interest for the hero Odysseus/Ulysses, and Orion the Hunter being encountered (or more accurately, seen) by Odysseus/Ulysses during his trip in the underworld.

That being said, they never really interacted with one another (even in the Odyssey)
But wasn't there a myth where Orion was put into the stars for his deeds? That's usually a big thing about Greek/Roman myths where heroes go into the stars which helps us connect to Andromeda and such. That might help with the metaphysical aspects/ supernatural aspects we're seeing now.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
But wasn't there a myth where Orion was put into the stars for his deeds? That's usually a big thing about Greek/Roman myths where heroes go into the stars which helps us connect to Andromeda and such. That might help with the metaphysical aspects/ supernatural aspects we're seeing now.
There are many variations of the myth regarding Orion (even his placement in the stars had variants: some say he died due to a scorpion's sting and placed in the stars as a reminder for everyone of his folly, some say he was struck down by Artemis and was placed in the heavens, some say his relentless pursuit of the Pleiades sisters forced Zeus to put them in the stars and he followed suit).

Also, Orion was a prominent hunter prior to his death, and he once boasted that he was going to defeat every beast that ever existed. I like to think that that's why the fucker was in the underworld during the time of the "Odyssey," 'cause he's basically hunting stuff there to make good of his boast/claim

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: TemIIx and Ungawa

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
All this Orion talk is just making me more hyped for 0.8 than 0.7 tbh. Have a feeling that "The Big Hunt" is going to be his "Butcher of Blaviken" moment (in that it's going to be the event that will be associated with his name/title even once everything is all said and done). 'Course I could be wrong, but still...

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
All this Orion talk is just making me more hyped for 0.8 than 0.7 tbh. Have a feeling that "The Big Hunt" is going to be his "Butcher of Blaviken" moment (in that it's going to be the event that will be associated with his name/title even once everything is all said and done).

Last edited:
Reactions: TemIIx

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Eh, we all know that woman's full of shit. I'm more on the belief that the "monster" attacks are incidents of Eternum's native inhabitants fighting back against the encroachment of the "dreamers"/players who're moving in to their territories in search of those damn gems, and not some "grand plan" that's going to come into fruition later on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TemIIx and Ellyx

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Eh, we all know that woman's full of shit. I'm more on the belief that the "monster" attacks are incidents of Eternum's native inhabitants fighting back against the encroachment of the "dreamers"/players who're moving in to their territories in search of those damn gems, and not some "grand plan" that's going to come into fruition later on.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It's more like the words of someone trying to make sense of something that's happening throughout the servers. Like how certain "prophets" say that certain natural phenomena is the sign that the biblical end times are near. Like I said, the attacks are likely the result of players starting to move into territories where the more monstrous natives reside, and those attacks are likely going to continue as they expand deeper and deeper into places where they shouldn't (like it was mentioned in Andromeda that the player-occupied territories are still expanding, so as time goes on, hostile encounters with species like the Xenomorphs are going to be a more frequent occurrence).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023

Look, Thana has some bad ass one liners...
It is, like so many other things in Eternum, a cool and well-placed reference. For those who don't know it, it's from the comic story Vader Down, a star wars comic set between Episode IV and V iirc.
I do recommend giving them a read if you like the franchise. Just personal opinion though, I never really cared about fan feedback for those so I can't tell you how they are regarded as in the fanbase overall :p

I am not so sure but the first image had definite Mass Effect vibes to me. Some confusion I had here is with the next line going:
1692876121995.png
Because how did Orion conclude the species in question must be new? I had a different theory based on the vibes mentioned above...
I am totally going full Dorfnutter here but I can't shake the feeling this could be remnants of Calypso's civilization perhaps? Are they trying to prevent anyone from taking over all the worlds? Am I going too nuts here? Are the aliens in the Andromeda server a tool of the Founder or someone else or perhaps just a symptom of the greater things afoot in the background? If there are crackpot posts I missed, please let me know :3

The second part had Dead Space vibes to me. The "reunited" stuff as one advanced being from the last image sounds totally like "Make us whole". Now, sadly, the cult thingy was kinda revealed to just be a hoax, but my brain just wants it to be a religion spread by the Founder to receive new servants who willingly let themselves become NPCs he could control to strengthen his numbers. But I kinda agree with Elyxus, a convergence of worlds would also be an interesting major event in the world(s) of Eternum. We will see.

Exiting :illuminati: mode now.

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes