Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm in the middle of the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, I'm not sure if I missed it but why is there protection against magic instead of having the whole place on a server with no magic to begin with?
I don't recall if there ever was an explanation but I have a few ideas as to why...

From a writer's perspective, it just makes the heist feel a little unique and something that would happen in Eternum, instead of something that one would've seen in more grounded heist stories and such.

From an in-universe perspective...well, having a "Sin City" server be set in a world where magic works kinda makes it a lot more "exotic," don't you think? Makes it set itself apart from the other sin cities in the real world, especially if magical-themed entertainment is a selling point in some of the establishments in the server.

Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023
I have some thoughts I'd like to share with everyone. I think we have a special opportunity to maximize scene efficiency. We’re operating under the belief that there will be 3 scenes in the next update. I’d say the community is in relative agreement that Luna will be getting a scene and Nova is next likely. However, the consensus for Nova getting a scene is directly tied to the belief that there will be a date to watch the show in the next chapter. But nothing says that only Orion has to attend the watch party alone. Initially my thoughts were “I feel like Annie or Luna might watch the show and be interested in coming with us. We could just write off the scene this way and make way for a Penny & Nancy scene in slots 2 and 3”. (Calm down Church, hear me out. You know I’m an honest soul from that eye theory I provided you!) But then an even greater thought blossomed…

Do I expect this? No. But I can dream; and now you can all share this dream.

Jun 16, 2022
Damn, I am made at myself for not noticing that there was an update for Eternum for an entire month, but holy shit did update 0.6 did not disappoint. Ever since the first vaginal penetration with Nancy, it seems the sex scenes have got more intensed and more drawn out, and I am all for this decision on the developer's part. Alex and Dalia's scenes as well as Annie's scene to a lesser extent were amazing to experience. My only concern is that Alex, unlike Nancy, made no effort or notify the MC that it was good or bad to cum inside of her, so I can't help but speculate that Alex might experience signs of pregnancy soon rather later.
Next, I couldn't help but feel that Eternum and the real world were a lot more connected than first realized, as the MC's body was rapidly changing in reality, despite spending so much time in Eternum. That near perfect combability is certainly coming in handy, I would say.
However, the NPCs being former human beings is a very exciting prospect to think about, especially since Calypso and Idriel were previously assumed to be AIs, now it's another subplot mystery of finding out these individuals truly are. I wonder if Calypso's predecessor, Anima was the original sacrifice to jump start Eternum's usage of deceased human beings as NPCs. How that would have worked out, I don't know but Anima and Calypso definitely have to more than just simple humans, otherwise, why turn/seal Calypso into a weapon of Atlas to begin with. Additionally, I can't help but imagine that the Praetorians are part of some illegal mass-cloning, if the NPCs are truly human beings, and it can't be a coincidence that players would all choose THAT template. There's not even males amongst their ranks. Also, it makes more sense thinking about what that pedophile who I blasted a hole in his head: Where the fuck are the data centers to house all this information? I don't remember any mention from the news/locals/Eternum players about the infrastructure/foundation that Eternum physically possesses in the real world to run such a mammoth operation. Hell, not even a front for their operations as far as I know.

Lastly, it was nice to see Eva again. I genuinely was talking shit earlier of playing this update today about how the developer forgot about Eva. The moment she appeared on screen in the saloon that shut my ass up extremely quick lol. I can't wait to see more of her, if possible in the future. :LOL:

In conclusion, this was another excellent update that continues to justify why Eternum is rated as highly as it is within the F95 community, and one of personal favorites of all time so far, along with its predecessor (Once in a lifetime). Please keep up the phenomonal work, Caribidis. The effort, talent, and CONSISTENCY you managed to weave beautifully into your works is always a sight to behold. Also, if nobody haven't played Once in a lifetime, I HIGHLY recommend doing so in the meantime while we are once again waiting to be blessed with an update for this project. It is definitely worth the time.

Sidenote: When this game first released, I could've sworn Calypso had a scene gallery to herself like the other LIs in this story. She's clearly on another level from any other side characters contained within Eternum, and she's practically apart of the gang. If the developer has given a reason as to why, can someone be so kind as to inform of the why. I'm curious as that change in direction.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I don't recall if there ever was an explanation but I have a few ideas as to why...

From a writer's perspective, it just makes the heist feel a little unique and something that would happen in Eternum, instead of something that one would've seen in more grounded heist stories and such.

From an in-universe perspective...well, having a "Sin City" server be set in a world where magic works kinda makes it a lot more "exotic," don't you think? Makes it set itself apart from the other sin cities in the real world, especially if magical-themed entertainment is a selling point in some of the establishments in the server.
I think the most straightforward answer from a writing perspective is that the heist was meant to be an intro to Calypso's importance to the party and their goals, and having her open portals to complete the heist in a world where there isn't magic would've blown the group's hopes at anonymity right out of the gate. Using magic in a no magic server would've been seen as cheating and it wouldn't have been believable that they could pull that off without calling a lot of attention to their group that would eventually lead to Calypso's existence being discovered and known by a much larger group, which would make Orion and his allies huge targets across all of Eternum. But running a magical heist in a magical world by overcoming antimagic fields is less of a big deal, and wouldn't make them as big of a threat or target.

Since the only time we spent in the server was for the heist, I think from a reader perspective performing the same heist in a nonmagical server would've been a lot more exciting and felt more high stakes because of the added layer of trying to pull it off without revealing anyone's identity or powers, and I think there's probably going to be an adventure with those kinds of stakes in a future update

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I have some thoughts I'd like to share with everyone. I think we have a special opportunity to maximize scene efficiency. We’re operating under the belief that there will be 3 scenes in the next update. I’d say the community is in relative agreement that Luna will be getting a scene and Nova is next likely. However, the consensus for Nova getting a scene is directly tied to the belief that there will be a date to watch the show in the next chapter. But nothing says that only Orion has to attend the watch party alone. Initially my thoughts were “I feel like Annie or Luna might watch the show and be interested in coming with us. We could just write off the scene this way and make way for a Penny & Nancy scene in slots 2 and 3”. (Calm down Church, hear me out. You know I’m an honest soul from that eye theory I provided you!) But then an even greater thought blossomed…

Damn I was thinking the same thing about another LI coming over Nova with Orion but didn't have the brain power to justify it. Thanks for that dream (it balances out those awful pictures with Gertrude's face on it).

Penny would make the most sense for sure, since Annie has the most scene, Luna need some more time alone with Orion, and it's very unlikely to see Nancy coming over Nova's to watch a show. Penny and Nancy could also be justified, they litterally live together. All it takes is Dalia and Annie to be too busy playing Eternum, one of them meet Orion on her way to the shower, something happen, the other one catch them and get horny. Boom, threesome (kinda).

But yeah it's mostly conjectures to feed our dreams with at this point. Better avoid too much expectations, so we're more pleasantly surprised when Caribdis pulls out the unexpected foursome with Penny, Nova, and Nancy no one is prepared for in 0.7 :Kappa:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Expected things in Chapter 7.

1. Alex throwing up, likely finding out she is with our love child, or demon spawn.
2. Lunes Sleep Over with friends. Alex-Lunes need time together. Friendship would be awesome.
3. Longshot cuddling use while binging My Dress Up Darling.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Sidenote: When this game first released, I could've sworn Calypso had a scene gallery to herself like the other LIs in this story. She's clearly on another level from any other side characters contained within Eternum, and she's practically apart of the gang. If the developer has given a reason as to why, can someone be so kind as to inform of the why. I'm curious as that change in direction.
Requoting an earlier post...

So yeah, she wasn't removed as an LI. She just doesn't have her own LI page (either due to spoilers as having an LI page could just confirm that she's a real person and not an AI or because she'll have lesser scenes compared to the other members of the harem).

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Expected things in Chapter 7.

1. Alex throwing up, likely finding out she is with our love child, or demon spawn.
2. Lunes Sleep Over with friends. Alex-Lunes need time together. Friendship would be awesome.
3. Longshot cuddling use while binging My Dress Up Darling.
1. I really doubt that, not with another longer time skip and since there are already events planned over the coming in-game days, the next update will likely only span a couple of day, maybe a week or two. I honestly hope she is simply on the pill like most women her age will be, especially if they ask for a creampie.

2. Luna needs some more solo-time with Orion in my opinion. They really didn't had much time alone so fat. That scene in the pool and on the roof from 0.5 were really the only occasions they spend time alone with each other.

3. What?

IIRC you get that if you choose not to go to Alex's place or if you're not following her path, so...:(
So...how did you and An known find it then?! :unsure:

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
So...how did you and @An known find it then?! :unsure:
I actually have a solo playthrough of Annie and Nova, so...:HideThePain:

...Just kidding I saw it being discussed in one of the channels on Cari's Discord (even saw the screenies), lol.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
So...how did you and An known find it then?! :unsure:
I was curious what would have happened if you didn't go to Alex apartment (if there will be a somekind of a different cliffhanger), but in the end Orion ended up going to Alex's apartment at midnight where you ended up meeting William, (so yeah I skipped the "Never again" scene)

And I have tried different routes which most likely go to a bad end and no harem routes, just out of curiosity... :whistle:

Jun 16, 2022
Requoting an earlier post...

So yeah, she wasn't removed as an LI. She just doesn't have her own LI page (either due to spoilers as having an LI page could just confirm that she's a real person and not an AI or because she'll have lesser scenes compared to the other members of the harem).
Thanks. I understand that decision that would expose too much of the story.

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes