jamsc13

Aug 22, 2019
Welp was having fun until I got to the end of the first dungeon, Saw the rape tag and hoped it was only in optional scenes
Its not and it honestly hurt my score for the game alot and it makes me wanna stop playing, thats just me though and im sensitive to that kind of stuff

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Welp was having fun until I got to the end of the first dungeon, Saw the rape tag and hoped it was only in optional scenes
Its not and it honestly hurt my score for the game alot and it makes me wanna stop playing, thats just me though and im sensitive to that kind of stuff
Honestly, Evenicle is like that. A cutesy exterior with vanilla filling, then suddenly the comedy and goofing around stop and you are smacked in the face with brutality and truly messed up stuff. The game soon shifts back to its usual tone, but from that moment on you know that the world it is set in is not all sunshine and rainbows.

While the game has it's dark(sometimes incredibly so) moments, they are never gratuitous. It is always done in a way that moves the plot forward or showcases the true extent of the villains' moral degeneration.

I sincerely hope that you won't give up on Evenicle, it is a game worth playing.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Honestly, Evenicle is like that. A cutesy exterior with vanilla filling, then suddenly the comedy and goofing around stop and you are smacked in the face with brutality and truly messed up stuff. The game soon shifts back to its usual tone, but from that moment on you know that the world it is set in is not all sunshine and rainbows.

While the game has it's dark(sometimes incredibly so) moments, they are never gratuitous. It is always done in a way that moves the plot forward or showcases the true extent of the villains' moral degeneration.

I sincerely hope that you won't give up on Evenicle, it is a game worth playing.
I was going to question why so many people are surprised by a game with a clear rape tag, but you're right, it can be a bit misleading (At least up until the first scene, which is fairly early into the game). They still shouldn't be surprised by it. Isn't Alicesoft kind of known for rapey games? I thought they were, not sure if there are exceptions.

Beat Angel Escalayer, Daiakuji, Rance obviously.

Maybe you should avoid games with the rape tag then. Btw the reviews are supposed to be objective if you were considering reviewing the game poorly because you have an issue with a kink tag. Just tired of seeing "This game has rape/loli/whatever, 1 star" reviews, especially when the game is tagged properly. It's against the review rules to do that kinda crap x.x

The only thing I can come up with to avoid this from happening is separating rape into two categories, something like gameover rape and normal rape. But it seems like the type of people who are that against rape usually wouldn't be okay with it even being optional, so eh. You might be an exception but I'm not so sure if the rape happening to rando characters with scenes that can be skipped fairly quickly bothered you that much.

Reactions: James Eveleth

jamsc13

Aug 22, 2019

I did continue past that point and Im loving it, its funny and cute and even kind of sweet at times, I just wish when games like this have very dark and messed up scenes like this that it would warn you before hand or let you skip the scene entirely

Reactions: James Eveleth

jamsc13

Aug 22, 2019
I was going to question why so many people are surprised by a game with a clear rape tag, but you're right, it can be a bit misleading (At least up until the first scene, which is fairly early into the game). They still shouldn't be surprised by it. Isn't Alicesoft kind of known for rapey games? I thought they were, not sure if there are exceptions.

Beat Angel Escalayer, Daiakuji, Rance obviously.

Maybe you should avoid games with the rape tag then. Btw the reviews are supposed to be objective if you were considering reviewing the game poorly because you have an issue with a kink tag. Just tired of seeing "This game has rape/loli/whatever, 1 star" reviews, especially when the game is tagged properly. It's against the review rules to do that kinda crap x.x

The only thing I can come up with to avoid this from happening is separating rape into two categories, something like gameover rape and normal rape. But it seems like the type of people who are that against rape usually wouldn't be okay with it even being optional, so eh. You might be an exception but I'm not so sure if the rape happening to rando characters with scenes that can be skipped fairly quickly bothered you that much.
If the scenes were optional I would've been okay with it because I get its a common fetish, but like other fetishes like scat and piss that are skippable or able to be turned off the rape scene wasn't and that's my main problem with it, Also I've never play a Alicesoft game before so I didn't know they were known for making rapey things
I'm still playing Evenicle and it is very fun so I wouldn't rate it low or anything, it honestly one of the best games I've played in a while its just the whole rape scene out of nowhere being unskippable and unavoidable was a big negative hit for me but I wouldn't say it killed the chances for me wanting to keep playing it, just scared me that there were more scenes like it every 5 minutes which thankfully wasn't the case.

Playstorepers

May 24, 2020
I agree 100% with everything, you all said:

Evenicle is one of my most favourite R-18 games, yet still, I hold ctrl to skip every sexscene.

I like the OST, I like the colorful world with some serious topics, I like the characters.
The sexscenes are servicable, I guess, but they are not the reason, why I like this game so much.

jamsc13

Aug 22, 2019

Evenicle is one of my most favourite R-18 games, yet still, I hold ctrl to skip every sexscene.

I like the OST, I like the colorful world with some serious topics, I like the characters.
The sexscenes are servicable, I guess, but they are not the reason, why I like this game so much.
I did not know it was ctrl to skip through scenes, Thank you my friend

Fanthrose

Apr 26, 2019
Soooo, quick question. For the Defense Bun's, does your character actually die if you give one of them 4 of them, or is that just there to be funny?

Fanthrose

Apr 26, 2019

To be honest, the constant onomatopoeia during the sex scenes, the "*splish splash splush*" stuff gets old real quick, and they keep doing it over and over again in every scene. I feel they could all be like...half the length if they got rid of that type of thing.

Playstorepers

May 24, 2020
To be honest, the constant onomatopoeia during the sex scenes, the "*splish splash splush*" stuff gets old real quick, and they keep doing it over and over again in every scene. I feel they could all be like...half the length if they got rid of that type of thing.
Easily.
Some people jack off to it, so it makes sense, that they make a long scene, I guess...?
But they have a skip function, so there's absolute 0 reason to complain from me.

The characters are good, the writing is just my cup of tea and I like the colorful world. And damn the OST is awesome. Girl's talk will forever be one of my favourite good-mood songs.

Reactions: Bully27

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
How do you sell items in this?

Edit:in the second town there is a shop called pawn shop. Derp.

Last edited:

souleye

Jun 8, 2020
guys whats the differences between version 1.0 with 1.04 patch the only differences i can see is that 1.04 is a lot more heavy then 1.0 version

Reactions: lucifer_2495
4.20 star(s) 65 Votes