MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hey, I spoke to Prometheus and we discussed a walkthrough mod for this game.

Evermore 0.3 Walkthrough Mod.
(Highlights options to reveal what they do.)

Updated to Evermore 0.3.
FYI.... I applied the 0.3 mod to a clean new game version, and I had this error where a choice screen is missing or mislabeled.

Also, the dev/mod of this thread really should add this walk through mod the game page, as many don't know this mod is available.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 300, in script
    menu:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 222, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 225, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 226, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 227, in execute
NameError: Name 'emlove1' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 300, in script
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1060, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1296, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 225, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 226, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 227, in execute
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 991, in _textbutton
    text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'emlove1' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Evermore 0.3
Sat Jun 18 20:58:15 2022
[/CODE]

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Is the scene with Natalie going to be expanded at some point? Looking at the code, there are indications that a different ending might have been originally considered as a possibility. Being cagey on purpose for spoilery reasons although anybody who knows how to unren and install a text editor can see what I'm talking about easily.

:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: PrometheusEVN

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Has the gallery been removed in this update?
No, the gallery is still there and improved! You can access the different girls' scenes by clicking the heart at the top left, selecting a girl and clicking on gallery. Every scene you have unlocked with a girl will be available there

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
Link has been updated, sorry about that. Forgot to add in a .rpy that put in my own identifiers. It's fixed now.

Reactions: MrBenny

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Is the scene with Natalie going to be expanded at some point? Looking at the code, there are indications that a different ending might have been originally considered as a possibility. Being cagey on purpose for spoilery reasons although anybody who knows how to unren and install a text editor can see what I'm talking about easily.

:unsure:
I originally did have a different ending planned for the scene but I decided not to do it, it didn't feel like it fit the story yet. I left it in for fun for anyone who wanted to dive into the code though

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Link has been updated, sorry about that. Forgot to add in a .rpy that put in my own identifiers. It's fixed now.
Hello... I'm getting the same error issue as I mentioned in an earlier post. Located at Emily's love path choice (error screen happens). Hitting ignore displays the end love path choice (no ...then Captain America shows up. (used the amended link)

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
Hello... I'm getting the same error issue as I mentioned in an earlier post. Located at Emily's love path choice (error screen happens). Hitting ignore displays the end love path choice (no ...then Captain America shows up. (used the amended link)
1655604394136.png

I just downloaded the mod myself, put the game folder over, replaced all the files and it seems to work fine for me. What does the error say this time? Do you have "ArioOptions.rpy" in your folder?

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Unofficial Android Port of:

Evermore [v0.2]

MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

here you can request there, and below my message, there's a link to my discord
Hey Blackeye.! If you decide to update this port (the persistent saves are a life saver) can you please add in the walkthrough mod?

https://f95zone.to/threads/evermore-v0-3-prometheus.103770/post-7623880

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Hm. It's not bad.
No engrish, "custom" UI, the story is mostly not "MC returns home after x amount of time only to realize he's suddenly attracted to his family."

MY ONLY ISSUE RIGHT NOW IS THE "RETURN" BUTTON IN THE RELATIONSHIP TAB
You gotta be pixel perfect on those letters my god fix that.

Reactions: punisher2099

APTiCT

May 30, 2020
PrometheusEVN android version is bugged. Can't press on heart icon, as it always gives an error. I forgot to screenshot the error, sorry, as I have already uninstalled and downloaded the Win version.

Edit: nevermind, win version of this game doesn't open on Android. I've redownloaded the APK and can post the error code here:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While loading <'Image' u'gui/gallery/bg1.jpg'>:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'gui/gallery/bg1.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "00gamemenu.rpyc", line 173, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 361, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 583, in render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
  File "renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
Exception: Could not load image u'gui/gallery/bg1.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

Last edited:

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Really good update, the date with Natalie was short but sweet, don't know what to make of what happened when you visit Chloe. As a previous poster mentioned the whole thing with Camilla is definitely odd, I mean I get MC is happy to see someone he used to be very close with return but you would think you would ask at least a few questions like the family were because the situation is beyond bizarre, with everything MC has experienced the previous few days you might think he could put 2 and 2 together, it's also hard to know if any single thing Camilla said to MC is a truth because it doesn't seem like it, can't really decide if I like her or not.

Really enjoying it though and looking forward to the next update.

PrometheusEVN I don't recall seeing this mentioned before, currently there are 8 girls listed in the game, assuming it will what are you expecting this may rise to? Just wondered how many more characters are likely to be introduced.

Reactions: Greily

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Amazing game. The story is engaging and the girls are lovely. Chloe is a sweetheart and best girl. Looking forward to the future girls.

Are the other girls working with Camille the missing girls in the gallery or are the future girls not known at all yet?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Not really a fan of vocals in the music. Would have much preferred if it was just instrumentals but that's just my preference I guess? Other than that it's ok. Dialogue options are mostly binary and if you don't pick the correct answer you immediately fall off the girl's path. There is no nuance. You either say yes or be a prick about it and that's the end of it. Even though some things develop way too fast

Example. Aria.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Too fast and not to mention inappropriate. A heart felt talk would have been more than enough to set the relationship up for more later. She isn't even brought up again after that point. It's like she only exists for a throw away scene. Really disappointing considering the MC's background.

All of that just leads into the MC seeming like a bit of a goof that falls into power. Tragic backstory withstanding, but we didn't see any of it. We were just told he has gone through shit. I know it's early so maybe that will be expounded upon later so it will have more impact but right now I kinda don't care. The story doesn't so why should I?

So yea I think it's a bit weak in some areas but I also think with improvement it has potential to bloom into something memorable. Right now it's just ok imo.

That's just what I think anyways.
Best wishes to the dev.

4.50 star(s) 47 Votes