Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
One thing that bothered me was the text buttons in the relations UI not having a larger hitbox. It's really annoying trying to hit a 4px button.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Too fast and not to mention inappropriate. A heart felt talk would have been more than enough to set the relationship up for more later. She isn't even brought up again after that point. It's like she only exists for a throw away scene.
People deal with grief in a lot of different ways, and that is absolutely one of them. Look up 'funeral sex' sometime; it's definitely a thing that happens. And it's only been one update since then, and she hasn't been around school to interact with. I expect she'll be back in the next update assuming the player is still on her path, and the consequences of that interaction would be explored at that time.

Reactions: PrometheusEVN

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
People deal with grief in a lot of different ways, and that is absolutely one of them. Look up 'funeral sex' sometime; it's definitely a thing that happens. And it's only been one update since then, and she hasn't been around school to interact with. I expect she'll be back in the next update assuming the player is still on her path, and the consequences of that interaction would be explored at that time.
Like I said. Bandaid over a bullet wound. I'd be willing to hold out for that but since you actually lose her path if you do the sensible thing and not take advantage of a person in a vulnerable emotional state...well I find it unlikely that we will get proper closure on that but we will see what the future holds. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greily and matthewB

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
Not sure how I've missed this game until now but I have played through it tonight & had a blast. Really enjoying the story so far (even if some things felt a tad rushed at times) & can see a lot of potential here & I'm interested to see where it will go. I like the characters & the humour, like some people have already said I also get some Once in a Lifetime vibes from it. I could see this quickly climbing my list of favourite AVN's.

However I seem to have run into a bug, similar to one mentioned earlier in the thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think so. None that i've found anyway. Game is weird like that, a lot of the time if you pick a negative option you will instantly lose the path because saying no means you are a dick. I really wanted to do the same but they game doesn't let you it seems. at least not in this version. Maybe it will be fixed later.

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
I don't think so. None that i've found anyway. Game is weird like that, a lot of the time if you pick a negative option you will instantly lose the path because saying no means you are a dick. I really wanted to do the same but they game doesn't let you it seems. at least not in this version. Maybe it will be fixed later.
Well that sucks. I guess I'll just have everyone except for Aria in the harem then. A shame because I did like her.

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I'll speak to Prometheus about dialing back on the sheer number of path closes. When I was doing the mod I did notice that there are a FUCKING LOT OF THEM.

Reactions: Greily and _Daxx_

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Well that sucks. I guess I'll just have everyone except for Aria in the harem then. A shame because I did like her.
Don't worry about that, I'm reopening the path in 0.4, originally I had planned to have her path temporarily end there and if you weren't following it, then you'd miss a scene or 2 but get the option to reopen it later by making good choices. I'm scrapping that idea though because her story doesn't completely revolve around that scene. I'm still gonna toy with the idea of having ways to reopen certain paths throughout the story if you make good choices. One of the reasons I had so many path ends was because for some girls, if you didn't get a certain scene, then it wouldn't make sense for her and MC's relationship to develop further as the scene is important to her and MC's story. For the future, I'm gonna try to make less path ending choices and give greater diversity in the types of choices you can make without ending a path.

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Really good update, the date with Natalie was short but sweet, don't know what to make of what happened when you visit Chloe. As a previous poster mentioned the whole thing with Camilla is definitely odd, I mean I get MC is happy to see someone he used to be very close with return but you would think you would ask at least a few questions like the family were because the situation is beyond bizarre, with everything MC has experienced the previous few days you might think he could put 2 and 2 together, it's also hard to know if any single thing Camilla said to MC is a truth because it doesn't seem like it, can't really decide if I like her or not.

Really enjoying it though and looking forward to the next update.

PrometheusEVN I don't recall seeing this mentioned before, currently there are 8 girls listed in the game, assuming it will what are you expecting this may rise to? Just wondered how many more characters are likely to be introduced.
3 more are being introduced in 0.4, but after that I'll be done introducing girls for a while. I have plans for all these girls within the story but I don't want to keep introducing girls if they won't be relevant to the main plot in some significant way. We're also fairly early on in the story right now so some of the girls may seem irrelevant but there's still a good portion to go through before "act 1" is done which is also why new girls are still coming. Some of the girls are more relevant and have done more in the story than you may realize so far, I've put a lot of hints into the game that so far I haven't seen people pick up on (which is normal because they're extremely subtle, they're mostly there so that when you get further in the story, you can look back and think "oh shit true" and see that I'm not just pulling things out of my ass, it's all being subtly built up).

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
All of that just leads into the MC seeming like a bit of a goof that falls into power. Tragic backstory withstanding, but we didn't see any of it. We were just told he has gone through shit. I know it's early so maybe that will be expounded upon later so it will have more impact but right now I kinda don't care. The story doesn't so why should I?
I understand where you're coming from for sure, and I have plans to expound upon it. I agree that if I leave it as is, it's not satisfying at all but that's a bit of an issue with releasing a game as it's in development, I can't get the full story out all at once so some things may seem like they're being ignored even if that isn't the case.

To cope with all his trauma, MC kind of built a wall between him and the memories and living with his new family has given him a sense of normalcy which has helped in kind of blocking out the past. The issue with blocking out emotions that aren't fully dealt with though is that if the wall cracks, everything comes tumbling. The start of the story see's MC living his life with the wall fully up so it seems like he's fine. Meeting Camilla though was the first crack in that wall. The wall is still up though and subconsciously, he doesn't want to acknowledge everything that has gone wrong in his life, he knows that things are strange and kind of fucked up but all he wants is a normal life.

All that is to say, MC will be forced to face his past. I've gotten some writing done for 0.4 already and I won't spoil anything, but what follows the ending of 0.3 will continue the process of breaking down that wall but at a much faster pace, at first it's mostly light things like flashbacks (ex: 0.3's beginning flashback of the aftermath of the fire), but it'll progress more and more until it's at the forefront of his mind once that wall tumbles.

Psychological coping mechanisms such as compartmentalization, repression, regression and denial will play a big part in his story. (Ex of regression: When he was no longer able to speak for a while after the fire. (Often times a sign of ASD but not limited to it))

Last edited:

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Adding more choices and options that don't lead to path closes is something I'll be working to improve in future updates, I wasn't satisfied with the way it was either tbh but I'm learning and improving with time

Reactions: Fazed

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Is it me or do the girls look different.
It could be the lighting, early on I was pretty bad with that and have tried to improve it to have more consistency between scenes compared to 0.1 and 0.2. It could make the girls look a bit different since they now have more highlights and shadows from the lighting

Last edited:
Reactions: Havik79

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Something I'd like to mention real quick, ESPECIALLY before we get into 0.4, be careful who you trust, not everyone is upfront with the truth. There will be no meaningless conversations of pure lies that'll be taken back in the future just for a cheap plot twist, but there may be conversations that have a couple lies or only tell a partial truth. People will say what they need to say to get what they want out of a situation, some may have good intentions, others may not. Everything people tell you is still relevant though, and everything contains a piece of the puzzle. A lot of things may seem clean cut and simple (especially because of MC's interpretation of them), but that is not always the case

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I understand where you're coming from for sure, and I have plans to expound upon it. I agree that if I leave it as is, it's not satisfying at all but that's a bit of an issue with releasing a game as it's in development, I can't get the full story out all at once so some things may seem like they're being ignored even if that isn't the case.

To cope with all his trauma, MC kind of built a wall between him and the memories and living with his new family has given him a sense of normalcy which has helped in kind of blocking out the past. The issue with blocking out emotions that aren't fully dealt with though is that if the wall cracks, everything comes tumbling. The start of the story see's MC living his life with the wall fully up so it seems like he's fine. Meeting Camilla though was the first crack in that wall. The wall is still up though and subconsciously, he doesn't want to acknowledge everything that has gone wrong in his life, he knows that things are strange and kind of fucked up but all he wants is a normal life.

All that is to say, MC will be forced to face his past. I've gotten some writing done for 0.4 already and I won't spoil anything, but what follows the ending of 0.3 will continue the process of breaking down that wall but at a much faster pace, at first it's mostly light things like flashbacks (ex: 0.3's beginning flashback of the aftermath of the fire), but it'll progress more and more until it's at the forefront of his mind once that wall tumbles.

Psychological coping mechanisms such as compartmentalization, repression, regression and denial will play a big part in his story. (Ex of regression: When he was no longer able to speak for a while after the fire. (Often times a sign of ASD but not limited to it))
Ok that is good to hear. I was under the impression that at some point in the 7? years he's been with them he was able to process some or most of the trauma through time and therapy. Because he mostly seemed fine and when talking to Aria he says "I've seen a lot of death in my life so believe me when I say that the best thing to do is not keep it inside" or something to that effect. Maybe I saw something that wasn't there but anyway I thought, ok great so maybe he can help her a bit since it seems he might know what he's talking about since he lived through it...but then it went in a different direction.
Pretty interested in how it will play out.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Finished the update, and I enjoyed it quite a bit (even though yeah, I agree with other people there should be much less of those path-closing choices).

I have to say, Camilla is my favorite out of all the girls. Her personality overall & affiliation with one of the groups that are interested in the MC I just think adds a lot of layers into the game (not that I'm saying other girls are bad, but for me, she just seems to be in a league of her own).

Not sure how much more of her past (time after her separation from MC will their reunion in present time) will be explored through flashbacks, but I'd sure be interested in how she got acquainted with Hannya, Amarok, and others.

While I'm not opposed to the MC's slice-of-life, normalcy time he has with school, etc, it does feel like the game is at its strongest when it really embraces the supernatural side (MC discovering Nike's powers in the forest, through the wasp and the wolf, those kind of scene I quite enjoyed).

Going back to Camilla, perhaps I'm overthinking it, but it does make me quite curious as to why she didn't really touch Natalie's food, and was vomiting in the toilet.
She made an excuse of "gas station sushi" but I'm getting a feeling that might have been a lie (who knows, perhaps she's not a 100% human [given Natalie's "proof" of burnt body] and her metabolism just doesn't take human food well or something? Hmmm, a lot to ponder. :unsure: )

• Red Heart

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
be careful who you trust, not everyone is upfront with the truth. There will be no meaningless conversations of pure lies that'll be taken back in the future just for a cheap plot twist, but there may be conversations that have a couple lies or only tell a partial truth. People will say what they need to say to get what they want out of a situation, some may have good intentions, others may not.
I like this, I kinda got that feeling from a couple including the lovely Melony. It feels (atleast to me) like she knows more than she's letting on & the way she didn't push MC to tell her about his powers. Saying that she understands & trusts MC will tell her when he's ready (paraphrasing) & so on made me think that she said that (at least in part) the way she did so that MC wouldn't push her about certain things & if he did she could point out that she was patient & understanding with him so he should be with her. Also the way she has been pushing MC to get with the family & how quickly she was accepting of Camilla while the other girls were (understandably) more suspicious. Yeah, I really get the feeling she knows more than she is letting on.

Either way, no matter if I'm right or wrong about that, I love little things like this in VNs. That feeling of getting further into the story & having a "Ha! I knew it!" moment or a "Oh damn! How did I miss that?" moment is great.

Looking forward to the next installment.

4.50 star(s) 47 Votes