Jynx3d

Dec 20, 2019
Good game. Feels kind annoying to see the MC being played by everyone, being a pawn in other peoples games even tho he's a god, but from MC's perspective it makes sense.
Overall I've really enjoyed the game but by the end of 0.4 I just wanted to punch a hole through Draxus chest :D

Reactions: Elhemeer

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
0.5 Current Progress
View attachment 2943826
To clarify things, general improvements is the UI rework, the new features, past bug and dialogue fixes
Thanks. Does this mean the next update is close? Would be surprising since the last one just came out bit over a week ago. I'm just asking because I haven't played the game yet, but might as well wait a bit longer if another update is imminent.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Thanks. Does this mean the next update is close? Would be surprising since the last one just came out bit over a week ago. I'm just asking because I haven't played the game yet, but might as well wait a bit longer if another update is imminent.
While I don't know how to render (but I'm a writer), I think what's almost done is the easiest part of an update. Coding is much more annoying and time-consuming

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Unless the dev releases more detailed information on how they approach their development process, it's difficult to say for sure. Bugfixing is probably the most tedious part of the process, but the time requirements depend on the number and types of bugs found. Beta testing is probably the thing on the list that will take the longest because the time the testers have with the game is usually fixed and there may need to be another bugfixing pass after the test, depending on how it goes. Idk what the dev's personal development process is like, but I'd guess the testing period by itself would be minimum a week, and everything else is probably at least another week of work. The development process for a solo dev is highly personal, and can even change update to update for various reasons. My guess would be at least a couple weeks, but it could be less and I think will probably be longer. Since the dev had to take a long break for personal reasons, it might take them a few updates to get back into a rhythm too

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Unless the dev releases more detailed information on how they approach their development process, it's difficult to say for sure. Bugfixing is probably the most tedious part of the process, but the time requirements depend on the number and types of bugs found. Beta testing is probably the thing on the list that will take the longest because the time the testers have with the game is usually fixed and there may need to be another bugfixing pass after the test, depending on how it goes. Idk what the dev's personal development process is like, but I'd guess the testing period by itself would be minimum a week, and everything else is probably at least another week of work. The development process for a solo dev is highly personal, and can even change update to update for various reasons. My guess would be at least a couple weeks, but it could be less and I think will probably be longer. Since the dev had to take a long break for personal reasons, it might take them a few updates to get back into a rhythm too
The testing period for 0.5 will be longer than the previous ones (Because I'm not satisfied with the state of releases so far, I want them to be bug free and with way less typos, which is my fault tbh, my testers do great work but my impatience is to blame for failing to properly fix everything).

Despite this, testing still shouldn't take too long considering it's not a free roaming sandbox game. The main thing that will be taking up my time will be implementing the new features for 0.5 because I have a ton of writing and coding to do for them. I've made steady progress though so it won't take too long either. My aim is to start early access (and preferably release as well) in October, the exact timing will depend on how much time I have to work on the game and will be clearer as I approach completion of the update.

I will be adding some additional scenes to 0.5 however, that way I can start to address certain topics and a develop plotlines during 0.5 rather than wait for 0.6. Because of this, the rendering and writing is likely more around 90% now. I wasn't planning on making those scenes when I created that progress update and I rather be upfront and transparent about that and the current progress.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
The testing period for 0.5 will be longer than the previous ones (Because I'm not satisfied with the state of releases so far, I want them to be bug free and with way less typos, which is my fault tbh, my testers do great work but my impatience is to blame for failing to properly fix everything).

Despite this, testing still shouldn't take too long considering it's not a free roaming sandbox game. The main thing that will be taking up my time will be implementing the new features for 0.5 because I have a ton of writing and coding to do for them. I've made steady progress though so it won't take too long either. My aim is to start early access (and preferably release as well) in October, the exact timing will depend on how much time I have to work on the game and will be clearer as I approach completion of the update.

I will be adding some additional scenes to 0.5 however, that way I can start to address certain topics and a develop plotlines during 0.5 rather than wait for 0.6. Because of this, the rendering and writing is likely more around 90% now. I wasn't planning on making those scenes when I created that progress update and I rather be upfront and transparent about that and the current progress.
That's great. An update cycle of ~1 month for a game like this with a solo dev seems pretty ambitious to me. I hope it goes well, and look forward to the next update, whenever it comes. Good luck!

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
OK, this one has an interesting story and decent writing. I like it.
The animations are boring like in any other hs2 vn, but i don´t mind because they are not important for me. I actually prefer the story.
If this one keeps a steady update cycle i will support in in the future.

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
I just built a website for the game, and in the development page you can now find all my progress updates there along with release dates, update goals, and future goals I have planned.

I'll be expanding the website in the future, like adding a recommended game section but with the base functionality built, I'm focusing on finishing 0.5 before I put any more work into it. (This was mainly a useful little project I did on the side when I needed a break so that I could consolidate as much info into one place rather than get a link tree. With this, I can customize more and add a lot more features like the development progress page)

The link can also be found next to my patreon and itch.io links
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 49 Votes