Jan 27, 2018
Requirements to join your gang
  • Male
  • Doesn't have a good job already
  • Isn't a sissy or a nerd
  • Isn't high society
  • Good relationship with them
  • 5000 caps in your pocket or having extra firearms in your inventory
That last point is just to create a gang though, right?

AZjery

Jan 28, 2019
If you can code and are willing to put in the work, go for it. I only ask that you be respectful of previous developers work.

The reason I say this is that one player in the past just changed four lines of code (nothing new was added) and wanted to be a developer for the game. The player changed some things that went against the core of the game. It ended up turning into a huge shit storm on this tread (a mini war). After it went on for a while, one player ended up getting all of their posts deleted with a permanent thread ban to this game thread. Please don't ask for details as we don't want to revisit it.

If you want to develop for the game, it should compliment what has already been done. That shows respect for the previous four developers. Two of the previous developers still visit this thread, myself and noobtrain.

You can develop, post your new version in this thread, and then ask the moderators to publish your new version on the OP. As long as you follow the site rules you should be fine.
Of course, I will not destroy all the work done by the last developers, it would be disrespectful.

I've done some code before, but not a project like this. I haven't made up my mind yet, but taking the work of the previous developers seems logical to me (like the continuation of the gotti family story for example).

Last edited:

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
That last point is just to create a gang though, right?
No. If you don't have 5000 caps you can still recruit new gang members if you have extra firearms. A handgun and shotgun are inexpensive (less than a 1000 caps for both).

Reactions: skybarbie

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Of course, I will not destroy all the work done by the last developers, it would be disrespectful.

I've done some code before, but not a project like this. I haven't made up my mind yet, but taking the work of the previous developers seems logical to me (like the continuation of the gotti family story for example).
Either way, make sure you play through all available events and stories so that you have a good idea of how everything works.

Adding to what skybarbie said, a developer produces additional content as well as improving old content. Some of the "developers" in the past just wanted to change a few things they didn't like and add their name to the game as a developer (just editing a few lines of code). We had to step in and stop this because that is a personal mod for the player, not being a real developer. Technically, no one is in charge right now but we look out for the game and try to protect it.

The main thing that stops the vast majority of players from being a developer is not skill but the willingness to donate dozens of hours of time for free. I personally have 500+ hours in this project. Because the game has had four different developers and none of them have tried to profit off of it, it would be bad form to attempt to do so at this point.

Aside from some recent praise, the game has a unique fan base. Overall, the fan base for this game is small and passive. Very few of the loyal fans of the game have written reviews and sometimes no feedback is given when a new version is released. When haters and trollers enter the game thread, none of the fans attempt to defend or backup the developers. This is the opposite of what happens on most other game forums. This is one of the primary reasons why this game can't keep developers. It's not because the game is cursed (as mentioned in a recent review). It's due to a lack of support from players (skybarbie mentioned this also in a long post several pages back).

Players also continue to hammer the game for several things such as the huge file size, removed features from the original game, not being able to use other QSP players, Windows only, etc. A huge problem is players who aren't willing to read anything so an in-game guide would be especially helpful. Too many players just click on the download links and don't read anything else (not even the full Game Overview which would have saved them tons of time). This has caused a cascade of problems.

In fact, if you read most of the hate reviews for the game, none of them even got to the events and stories in the game. They thought that the sandbox game was all there was.

Some players are also anal about certain things, especially NTR, cuck, and sharing content. They won't accept any explanation that I try to give them. In their minds all NTR, cuck, and sharing content should be optional. Since I say it is essential to the story and MC's personality I'm told that I'm a bad writer and that they could do much better. No attempt is made to understand that all the previous events and stories make the sharing content make sense. Nope, me = bad. I've been facepalmed at least a dozen times over this (various posts). I won't cave to pressure, it's our story (written by skybarbie and noobtrain).

Facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
yeah well defending developers has gotten me banned on several threads already and several warning points to boot!

so my idea about exchanging the videos for gif´s you think its doable? i mean its probably hundreads of hours of hard work turning the videos into gif´s but the question is would they occupy far less space?

as for my contributions to the game...
here is a playlist!
the start:

the middle game:

the end game:

i always start in the uni setting! go for programing and i am rich even before i start my criminal empire!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: noobtrain

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
yeah well defending developers has gotten me banned on several threads already and several warning points to boot!

so my idea about exchanging the videos for gif´s you think its doable? i mean its probably hundreads of hours of hard work turning the videos into gif´s but the question is would they occupy far less space?

as for my contributions to the game...
here is a playlist!
the start:

the middle game:

the end game:

i always start in the uni setting! go for programing and i am rich even before i start my criminal empire!
None of your video links work FYI.

One of the things that sets Evil 2 apart from other games of it's type is that it doesn't use gifs. It uses HD MP4 videos. Yes the videos could be converted to another format to save some space such as webm. This has been discussed in detail in the past:

https://f95zone.to/threads/evil-2-v0-65-community-project.41582/post-10100224

This is the method I would take. Reverting the videos to gifs would be a big step backwards IMO. If you do a search for .mp4 in the Evil 2 folder there are over 3,100 videos. Either way it would be a major project!

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Why? There is no gay content that I'm aware of. At least not if you are using the latest version 0.65. There is some lesbian content but not gay content.

gay = sex between two males
lesbian = sex between two females
Unless this was changed in the past couple updates if you lose a fight in the nightclub then there's a small bit of text saying your characters been raped in the ass. I think you can also go get your ass treated at the clinic after but I can't remember. I suspect it might be some Evil 1 legacy content that just never got cut.
No accompanying images or videos so I feel like the tag wouldn't really fit but there is technically text based gay content.

Zonetime

Jun 15, 2017
Hey guys, the game keeps crashing, i followed install instructions and am using the qsp from the evil file, still crashing once i tryto go to capital

tugrabi

Aug 12, 2020
npcloc logic bug - temploop2 - prison - please report to the developer
any idea fix that
one of ex friend go jail , i cant get him out
well i fix that with in the cheat kill him

Last edited:

Gizmoman

Jan 27, 2018
This is the method I would take. Reverting the videos to gifs would be a big step backwards IMO. If you do a search for .mp4 in the Evil 2 folder there are over 3,100 videos. Either way it would be a major project!
I can't remember exactly which format is the most effective, but Kevin Smarts definitely knows, and he would probably help with it. He got a new computer as well, so let him work it on file conversion :D

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
npcloc logic bug - temploop2 - prison - please report to the developer
any idea fix that
one of ex friend go jail , i cant get him out
well i fix that with in the cheat kill him
I'm getting the same thing. I restarted played differently didn't visit the prison just to be careful, and got this bug again somehow.

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
Unless this was changed in the past couple updates if you lose a fight in the nightclub then there's a small bit of text saying your characters been raped in the ass. I think you can also go get your ass treated at the clinic after but I can't remember. I suspect it might be some Evil 1 legacy content that just never got cut.
No accompanying images or videos so I feel like the tag wouldn't really fit but there is technically text based gay content.
Yes, it was changed in a past release. I examined the code and found that all but one instance of this was removed. I fixed it so there shouldn't be any gay content hopefully now.

Thank you for mentioning this.

3.90 star(s) 27 Votes