4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Failed to run. Following stacktrace:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 207, in script call
    call _gl_test
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in script
    $ __gl_test()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'icon.ico'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
    context.run()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2665, in interact
    self.start()
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1805, in start
    self.set_mode()
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2045, in set_mode
    if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
  File "gldraw.pyx", line 209, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1838, in post_init
    self.set_icon()
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1869, in set_icon
    renpy.loader.load(icon),
  File "C:\Downloads\games\END-0.02-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'icon.ico'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Evil Never Dies 0.02
Mon Jul 19 11:55:32 2021
Seems the icon isn't packaged?
I downloaded the WIN file from NOPY and just tried loading the game after reading your post ... works fine for me. I added a small mod I use with Renpy games that removes the shader from the text block, and it still runs fine, but I have never had that file break a game.

Reactions: Sylver Games

Sylver Games

Evil. Never. Dies!!!!! \m/
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
I downloaded the WIN file from NOPY and just tried loading the game after reading your post ... works fine for me. I added a small mod I use with Renpy games that removes the shader from the text block, and it still runs fine, but I have never had that file break a game.
Seems like some players have problems with their systems or have a problem with the downloaded file/s. :unsure:

Reactions: Reese286
Mar 29, 2018
I've redownloaded and unzipped. Still same. I've attached the log.

Reactions: Reese286

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
For those who see sandbox like a problem, please, try the game, it's conceived in a different way than other games with the same tag and it's very intuitive, you'll see
It doesnt matter if its intruitive or not. I have been around enough, i have played countless of sandbox, and i /and many more) are fed up to the bones with it, while also thing that it takes away immersion

One more game to ignore

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
An actual VN?

Which is a story where you make some decisions?

I dont want to click on doors or on a map icon
You still have to point and click, be it an map or a menu. It's the same thing, the map just looks better.
Seems like some players have problems with their systems or have a problem with the downloaded file/s. :unsure:
Some people also have issues extracting.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You still have to point and click, be it an map or a menu. It's the same thing, the map just looks better.
No, it doesnt look better, it removes immersion. The Fake Free Roam (Camaggedon was a Free Roam, where you could go ANYWHERE at any point and play the game, this is just a map where a few locations) all it does is remove immersion and is just what lazy developers do to add time of gameplay without thinking on the story, because you force the player to open the same map over and over, chosing the same locations, etc, making it a waste of time.

I want stories, i want VNs, i dont like Sandbox/Free Roam/Point and Click

EDIT:

Sandbox also limits the story, because since you cant be sure the player saw certain story, then you cant chain some story event in the future with many of those optional stories,. So it basically reduces story quality at the expense of a time wasting illussion of choice

Last edited:

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
HS is not really my favourite. Too many men in the game. HS is great for women but men are a turn off.
Stupid things that dont match; a system box on the desk, very 80's. Where is the smart executive laptop? A few more odd things here and there.
Story is ok and saved by the telephone. Nice to keep track. If it was not in HS I would look forward to the next update.

• Angry
Reactions: Sylver Games
4.60 star(s) 5 Votes