4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No, it doesnt look better, it removes immersion. The Fake Free Roam (Camaggedon was a Free Roam, where you could go ANYWHERE at any point and play the game, this is just a map where a few locations) all it does is remove immersion and is just what lazy developers do to add time of gameplay without thinking on the story, because you force the player to open the same map over and over, chosing the same locations, etc, making it a waste of time.

I want stories, i want VNs, i dont like Sandbox/Free Roam/Point and Click

EDIT:

Sandbox also limits the story, because since you cant be sure the player saw certain story, then you cant chain some story event in the future with many of those optional stories,. So it basically reduces story quality at the expense of a time wasting illussion of choice
Using a map (like real life and any almost any other game), rather than some menu buttons, is MORE immersive, not less. Plenty of freeroam games use menus too, the map is just a different kind of button. It is a visual way to show the same options, but with pictures instead of plain text.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR: It is not the genre that makes a game good or bad, and going to a dev and bitching about the kind of game they are making because you don't like the style is bad form.
Constructive feedback is always welcome, but shitting on the style of game is not.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Using a map (like real life and any almost any other game), rather than some menu buttons, is MORE immersive, not less. Plenty of freeroam games use menus too, the map is just a different kind of button. It is a visual way to show the same options, but with pictures instead of plain text.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR: It is not the genre that makes a game good or bad, and going to a dev and bitching about the kind of game they are making because you don't like the style is bad form.
Constructive feedback is always welcome, but shitting on the style of game is not.
I strongly disagree with you. I already gave you an example of how Sandbox limits story (since you cant know the order the player will play the stories, you cant like them and have to make them independent)

Of course sandbox can be made worse and better, like anything, but i have played them all, and i dislike them all. If i want interactive gameplay, i go to a AAA game and get a better experience.

I want to play the story, and to me sandbox removes immersion, i cant even fanthom how you can think its more immersive to stop the story and suddenly show up a map to choose a location to "teleport" to, or having to read hints on some "codex" of sorts to know where to go. I dont see the immersion on that, sorry

I want to play stories, not sandbox/free roam/point and click games. And you calling VN point and click games because you have to use the mouse to click only shows your ignorance on game genres.

I wont add anything to the Dev, because if he wants to make a sandbox (like he clearly does) then i simply wont play the game. Period. I have played hundreds of sandbox games in all the years i have been on this site, and all of them bored me and got me fed up. Every single one, even the "successful" ones

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
Game needs a Save Now page for real, being dumped on the start page without warning is a bit of a dick move

Sylver Games

Evil. Never. Dies!!!!! \m/
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Game needs a Save Now page for real, being dumped on the start page without warning is a bit of a dick move
There's a screen saying literally: 'To be continued . . .' before returning to the title screen (during 5 seconds).

Seems like everybody is clicking like no tomorrow and jumps that screen before being able to see It! So I'll introduce a save now from now onwards.

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
There's a screen saying literally: 'To be continued . . .' before returning to the title screen (during 5 seconds).

Seems like everybody is clicking like no tomorrow and jumps that screen before being able to see It! So I'll introduce a save now from now onwards.
I actually loaded the auto save before that point and went through again as it felt abrupt, same thing, some thought text and then straight back to menu, definitely no 'To be continued'.

Maybe it's a bug instead, it was right after you wake up after sleeping next to your sister, is that the actual end of the content or is there more I missed?

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
I strongly disagree with you. I already gave you an example of how Sandbox limits story (since you cant know the order the player will play the stories, you cant like them and have to make them independent)

Of course sandbox can be made worse and better, like anything, but i have played them all, and i dislike them all. If i want interactive gameplay, i go to a AAA game and get a better experience.

I want to play the story, and to me sandbox removes immersion, i cant even fanthom how you can think its more immersive to stop the story and suddenly show up a map to choose a location to "teleport" to, or having to read hints on some "codex" of sorts to know where to go. I dont see the immersion on that, sorry

I want to play stories, not sandbox/free roam/point and click games. And you calling VN point and click games because you have to use the mouse to click only shows your ignorance on game genres.

I wont add anything to the Dev, because if he wants to make a sandbox (like he clearly does) then i simply wont play the game. Period. I have played hundreds of sandbox games in all the years i have been on this site, and all of them bored me and got me fed up. Every single one, even the "successful" ones
I'm not a 'he' but a 'she'. Anyway, your point is clear: you don't like to play free roam/clicking/sandbox games and we all respect your oppinion but please, don't try to convince other players that your taste is better than their.

Thank you.

This thread is to speak about the game, not to be disrespectful to people's work: in this case, MY work.

If you don't like the game it's fine to me. If you like the game is fine to me too! but please, this is my only job since Covid shit-storm and I'm doing the best I can with the elements I have.

Seriously, try to think that behind a game or a project is always a human being, who tries his/her best to entertain players. Behind a game are hours and hours, days and days, months and months of hard work, and reading comments bitching about you being called 'lazy' or 'inexpert', or your 'game is sandbox, so it's stupid' . . . hurts . . . even more taking into account that you don't pay a single cent to download and play it, for God's sake!

P.S.: Chapter 1 (part 1 and part 2) only uses the map once: to select who you want to see (Reagan or Linda) so . . . where the fuck is the sand-fuckin'-box!?!

Thank you for your attention and good luck!

Last edited:

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
I actually loaded the auto save before that point and went through again as it felt abrupt, same thing, some thought text and then straight back to menu, definitely no 'To be continued'.

Maybe it's a bug instead, it was right after you wake up after sleeping next to your sister, is that the actual end of the content or is there more I missed?
You have missed it: here It's (capture from my phone, which uses the same script as the PC version):

Screenshot_2021-07-19-22-45-49-270_com.sylver.games.end.jpg

Yes, this update finish there.

Reactions: TheDevian

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I'm not a 'he' but a 'she'. Anyway, your point is clear: you don't like to play free roam/clicking/sandbox games and we all respect your oppinion but please, don't try to convince other players that your taste is better than their.

Thank you.

This thread is to speak about the game, not to be disrespectful to people's work: in this case, MY work.

If you don't like the game it's fine to me. If you like the game is fine to me too! but please, this is my only job since Covid shit-storm and I'm doing the best I can with the elements I have.

Seriously, try to think that behind a game or a project is always a human being, who tries his/her best to entertain players. Behind a game are hours and hours, days and days, months and months of hard work, and reading comments bitching about you being called 'lazy' or 'inexpert', or your 'game is sandbox, so it's stupid' . . . hurts . . . even more taking into account that you don't pay a single cent to download and play it, for God's sake!

P.S.: Chapter 1 (part 1 and part 2) only uses the map once: to select who you want to see (Reagan or Linda) so . . . where the fuck is the sand-fuckin'-box!?!

Thank you for your attention and good luck!
I never disrespected your work. I clearly always talked about sandbox/free roams/point and click games in GENERAL and never made a comment about your work in particular, so i fail to see how i could disrespect it.

I was having a discussion with someone else about the genres and why to me this particular genre is bad and why to him this particular genre is good. Funny you tell me to not try to convince others that my taste is better but you dont tell him to do the same.

I'm sorry if you had issues with covid, honestly i think we all had.

Opening the map to see who you see next is a sandbox element, so you know where it is, dont understand why you are asking me.

Good luck to you too, hope your situation improves now that the covid situation is normalizing

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
I never disrespected your work. I clearly always talked about sandbox/free roams/point and click games in GENERAL and never made a comment about your work in particular, so i fail to see how i could disrespect it.

I was having a discussion with someone else about the genres and why to me this particular genre is bad and why to him this particular genre is good. Funny you tell me to not try to convince others that my taste is better but you dont tell him to do the same.

I'm sorry if you had issues with covid, honestly i think we all had.

Opening the map to see who you see next is a sandbox element, so you know where it is, dont understand why you are asking me.

Good luck to you too, hope your situation improves now that the covid situation is normalizing
Good response and I hope Sylver takes it well.

You've commented on at least one other project I've worked on, and it's clear you are no fan of sandboxes.

Your feedback has actually been quite useful, and have appreciated it.

But I think it's understandable if Sylver doesn't appreciate someone with a strong opinion on a genre coming in to trash the genre and by extension her game, even if that's a fairly common occurrence on f95.

Personally, I see sandboxes are an artistic design choice like any other. I know plenty of damn good sandboxes that are quite enjoyable. I love some games that are far more linear storytelling games. Like any other design choice, can really suck if not done well, and perhaps more on point here...

... people have their own preferences. One game cannot be all things to all people.

I recently backed END here, because it's charming, funny, dashes of sexy and the sandbox element works for me. (Even tho I am not overly a fan of Honey Select.)

Anyway, hope folks can just agree to disagree.

Keep up the good work Sylver Games !

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Could someone tell me the basic themes of this game? Hard to get a clear picture from just the OP. The title kind of made me think it could be a dark game, but everything else about it seems like an upbeat resort management game or something.

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Could someone tell me the basic themes of this game? Hard to get a clear picture from just the OP. The title kind of made me think it could be a dark game, but everything else about it seems like an upbeat resort management game or something.
The game will have a much more dark theme as chapters progress. Title matches the plot perfectly and the banner has some clues if you take a closer look.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You have a happy vacation resort, with a dark side you must uncover.

On top of the main story, there are plans to have various paths for each of the women in the game (at least the main ones), who will all be optional to some degree or another.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Any thoughts on where my saves have gone to? I don't even have Auto saves, and my preferences have been reset. Also I can't find the folder where the saves should be. Running Windows 10.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Any thoughts on where my saves have gone to? I don't even have Auto saves, and my preferences have been reset. Also I can't find the folder where the saves should be. Running Windows 10.
The persistent file had to change, so it won't find them automatically, but you can manually copy them from the old folder ..\\END\\Game\Saves.
That said, might be safer to turn on slip unseen, and speed through, just in case there are issues.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
The persistent file had to change, so it won't find them automatically, but you can manually copy them from the old folder ..\\END\\Game\Saves.
Were those files in the actual game folder, or where they are normally stored on Windows? If it's the former, I'm fucked as I always delete the old folder when a new version is downloaded.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes