RPGM WIP Evilize 1.05

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ptab92

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks so much Jooop, loved your Insect Angel translation and I look forward to playing through Evilize. Hope you get a well earned rest before you continue patching Evilize, don't burn yourself out.

On a quick note, how do I use/equip weapons? I'm a bit confused, is the default to press A/S/D whilst in the inventory page? Also I'm not sure if I messed up the patch, but my items are still in Japanese.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks so much Jooop, loved your Insect Angel translation and I look forward to playing through Evilize. Hope you get a well earned rest before you continue patching Evilize, don't burn yourself out.

On a quick note, how do I use/equip weapons? I'm a bit confused, is the default to press A/S/D whilst in the inventory page? Also I'm not sure if I messed up the patch, but my items are still in Japanese.
Ah, when selecting a weapon, use the shoot key, which is “S.” Also, you didn’t mess up anything. The menus and shops are still in Japanese. This was a system I was going to do last. Usually changing stuff like that is the #1 reason bugs and crashes occur.

jdxxdshx

Mar 1, 2018
love all the attemtion the insect angels is getting, that game was amazing. really hope we get a sequel!
on another note, will u be working on ship of servitude 2 when that comes out?

srawdliug

Apr 29, 2019
I gotta say, The translation work is very good. Can't expect less from Jooop, not after the stellar Insect Angels translation (Scorpion is best girl, tomboy supremacy!).

Its sad that you lost a lot of work. What is translated in the game can be held up as a good example of a very dedicated translation effort, but there are a couple of parts that have flown under the radar and remained untranslated, no doubt the crash is to blame. Since I have only made my way up to defeating the New World Order gang, I have only encountered two important issues:

When meeting your friend at the bar, she details where the vigilantes are hiding, but the description of the place and the subsequent sex scene are all in Japanese.

When losing against the gang leader in a gunfight, the resulting bad end also plays out in its entirety unstranslated.

I don't know if I've made any errors in my patching process (if others are getting the afformentioned scenes to load in English, please do tell!)

All in all, I am very grateful that this game is being translated. I bought the game the moment I saw you and others were translating it, so if your goal was to get more people to play Evilize and support Mister Akumura by buying his game... then I dare say you've succeed!
Where DO you go after meeting your friend at the bar? On that note I have a similar question as someone else yesterday wondering if there is a walkthrough of some form.

gzlzmaistro

Oct 19, 2018
Where DO you go after meeting your friend at the bar? On that note I have a similar question as someone else yesterday wondering if there is a walkthrough of some form.
You have to go to this building your friend shows you. Use the motorbike to make things faster: You must look for the building with the green and red newspaper dispensers. Its not hidden but its also not exactly in plain sight, you're going to have to go through some of the alleyways. Then you'll have to look for the leader of the vigilantes upstairs. Hope this helps.

gzlzmaistro

Oct 19, 2018
love all the attemtion the insect angels is getting, that game was amazing. really hope we get a sequel!
on another note, will u be working on ship of servitude 2 when that comes out?
I don't exactly know how the HELL is it that we got an Official DLsite translation for Ship of Servitude, but boy do I hope we get the same treatment for Ship 2.

rhaye

Aug 12, 2018
Thanks for the translation! Here are a couple things that I think might have slipped under the radar:

Quite a bit of dialogue is untranslated after the first dungeon. I think every H-scene I've hit after the first dungeon has been untranslated. I've seen two from the bartender so far that I have 0 idea what is happening in (once after leaving the bar and once on entering a hotel), Akira has one (after I found and talked to people in the resistance base with Puma and the girl who asks you to look for Tomomi).

Several descriptions of places/events seem to be untranslated as well. I was told to look for a weapon after finishing the gang dungeon, but both Puma and the other girl's dialogue isn't translated. Let me know if this was helpful.

Also, I wound up making a DLSite account and picking this up just because of your translation. I'm really glad that someone is willing to tl corruption games.

EDIT: Gonna try to keep track of untl-ed story/h-stuff I come across here.

After talking to the suicidal security guard and getting the security plans, Puma and Lynx's dialogue. Also the dialogue immediately after (if you talk to Puma again). Looks like there's a yes/no choice attached to it. On saying "Yes", everything after that is untranslated as well, including the dungeon after.

EDIT 2: So that dungeon leads you to the choice to join Asmodai's squad, and every H-scene in that route is untranslated as well as random other parts of the route. It looks like most of the corruption/story of why you're joining is in those h-scenes, so I'm not entirely sure what is happening.

EDIT 3: NPC dialogue throughout the city is missing. Specifically after I beat Asmodai and went to uptown, quite a bit wasn't there.

Last edited:

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks for the translation! Here are a couple things that I think might have slipped under the radar:

Quite a bit of dialogue is untranslated after the first dungeon. I think every H-scene I've hit after the first dungeon has been untranslated. I've seen two from the bartender so far that I have 0 idea what is happening in (once after leaving the bar and once on entering a hotel), Akira has one (after I found and talked to people in the resistance base with Puma and the girl who asks you to look for Tomomi).

Several descriptions of places/events seem to be untranslated as well. I was told to look for a weapon after finishing the gang dungeon, but both Puma and the other girl's dialogue isn't translated. Let me know if this was helpful.

Also, I wound up making a DLSite account and picking this up just because of your translation. I'm really glad that someone is willing to tl corruption games.

After talking to the suicidal security guard and getting the security plans, Puma and Lynx's dialogue. Also the dialogue immediately after (if you talk to Puma again). Looks like there's a yes/no choice attached to it. On saying "Yes", everything after that is untranslated as well, including the dungeon after.

EDIT 2: So that dungeon leads you to the choice to join Asmodai's squad, and every H-scene in that route is untranslated as well as random other parts of the route. It looks like most of the corruption/story of why you're joining is in those h-scenes, so I'm not entirely sure what is happening.
Thanks for the heads up. You’re the second person to mention that there was a problem with the Asmodai route h-scenes, so I’ll have to see what’s up with that.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019

If I may ask. Has the story’s translation at least worked?

rhaye

Aug 12, 2018
If I may ask. Has the story’s translation at least worked?
There were some missing lines of dialogue, but for the most part the Asmodai route itself was translated. Beyond that, it's missing a lot from dungeons and NPCs atm, including story-relevant NPCs like Puma. I didn't complete the Asmodai route (felt weird to not have context for the h-scenes) and I'm back on the "main story" path for now.

I will also say that I haven't had a translated h-scene at all since the first tutorial dungeon that abruptly gives you a bad end after the scene. I know you said you were translating those last, so I'm unsure if they should be there, but I thought it was worth pointing out since so many have popped up and I have 0 context about what is happening to the characters.

I've attached an example that I'm seeing from uptown right now. Note that when this occurs, it seems to affect all NPCs within the loaded area. If you're in a building, it will affect any NPCs on that floor but not necessarily the above or below floor (tested with the resistance base where NPCs on floor 2 had tled dialogue, but NPCs on floor 3 were all untranslated). If you're in a town, it will affect any NPCs in that zone (the zone directly to either side of this one has fully translated dialogue, for instance). Additionally, if one scene in a dungeon is untranslated, it appears that all scenes will be untranslated. I don't know if this means that there are just missing files from the TL patch, if it was an oversight, or if you simply didn't have time to translate these scenes yet.

(Sorry if this comes across poorly via text, I'm just trying to give as much information as possible)

EDIT: Basically all of Uptown, including meeting Tomomi does not have translated dialogue. This includes interiors of buildings, as shown by the second screenshot.

EDIT 2: I was left in Tomomi's house then taken to a dungeon after an h-scene. None of it was translated. I think I might be going to her school? See the third screenshot.

EDIT 3: It was the church. It looks like none of the story for this portion was translated in the patch. I've attached another screenshot.

EDIT 4: Looks like my initial assumption that it was based on loading zones was inaccurate. I had a resistance base where all the NPCs had fully translated dialogue and then when I spoke to the leader, none of it was.

Last edited:

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
There were some missing lines of dialogue, but for the most part the Asmodai route itself was translated. Beyond that, it's missing a lot from dungeons and NPCs atm, including story-relevant NPCs like Puma. I didn't complete the Asmodai route (felt weird to not have context for the h-scenes) and I'm back on the "main story" path for now.

I will also say that I haven't had a translated h-scene at all since the first tutorial dungeon that abruptly gives you a bad end after the scene. I know you said you were translating those last, so I'm unsure if they should be there, but I thought it was worth pointing out since so many have popped up and I have 0 context about what is happening to the characters.

I've attached an example that I'm seeing from uptown right now. Note that when this occurs, it seems to affect all NPCs within the loaded area. If you're in a building, it will affect any NPCs on that floor but not necessarily the above or below floor (tested with the resistance base where NPCs on floor 2 had tled dialogue, but NPCs on floor 3 were all untranslated). If you're in a town, it will affect any NPCs in that zone (the zone directly to either side of this one has fully translated dialogue, for instance). Additionally, if one scene in a dungeon is untranslated, it appears that all scenes will be untranslated. I don't know if this means that there are just missing files from the TL patch, if it was an oversight, or if you simply didn't have time to translate these scenes yet.

(Sorry if this comes across poorly via text, I'm just trying to give as much information as possible)

EDIT: Basically all of Uptown, including meeting Tomomi does not have translated dialogue. This includes interiors of buildings, as shown by the second screenshot.

EDIT 2: I was left in Tomomi's house then taken to a dungeon after an h-scene. None of it was translated. I think I might be going to her school? See the third screenshot.

EDIT 3: It was the church. It looks like none of the story for this portion was translated in the patch. I've attached another screenshot.

EDIT 4: Looks like my initial assumption that it was based on loading zones was inaccurate. I had a resistance base where all the NPCs had fully translated dialogue and then when I spoke to the leader, none of it was.
Okay, thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! Those zones should straight up be translated. It’s a very good thing I made a backup.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Okay, thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! Those zones should straight up be translated. It’s a very good thing I made a backup.
It’ll be tedious to add Pancake’s translation manually, but it seems the best solution at this time.

rhaye

Aug 12, 2018
No problem!

I'm actually stuck on the church dungeon in the main story right now because none of the dialogue in the dungeon works with the current patch and I'm at a switch puzzle with 0 idea how to solve it.

Played through the rest of the Asmodai route, everything except the h-scenes appears to be translated.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
No problem!

I'm actually stuck on the church dungeon in the main story right now because none of the dialogue in the dungeon works with the current patch and I'm at a switch puzzle with 0 idea how to solve it.

Played through the rest of the Asmodai route, everything except the h-scenes appears to be translated.
Oh that’s simple there’s a room where there’s a bunch of pillars that give you the correct positions for the colors.

rhaye

Aug 12, 2018
Continuing main story... Vigilante commander who gives you a mission after the church dungeon has untranslated dialogue. I don't know where I'm meant to be going at this point. Looks like everyone's dialogue was updated from the start of the game and is now untranslated (all town NPCs as well)

al4nw31

Nov 5, 2018
Man I need a guide for this. I don't know what to do after leaving the Vigilante HQ for the first time.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Continuing main story... Vigilante commander who gives you a mission after the church dungeon has untranslated dialogue. I don't know where I'm meant to be going at this point. Looks like everyone's dialogue was updated from the start of the game and is now untranslated (all town NPCs as well)
Yup, I have figured out the issue. In my haste to reapply the Kempeitai route work Pancake did, I have carelessly deleted more dialogue. Working to fix it now.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Man I need a guide for this. I don't know what to do after leaving the Vigilante HQ for the first time.
Can you describe at what point of the story you’re in or what the Vigilante commander discussed with Lynx?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote