3.60 star(s) 36 Votes

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Wow that's surprising. I thought most would consider animations to be superior. But understand that most can't do it because of the cost.
you have to see it that way:
If you got limited time and ressources, you should go for the most content.
You either render 20 images and get about 10 minutes gameplay, or you can do one animation which is over in few seconds.
Of course people like animations, but no animation is worth the lack of content.
So basicially animations are for bigger developers with several render PCs.
Smaller developers should stick with good basic renders and story - animations will come once they have success and spent money to buy render machines.
You don't start to bake a cake by decorating, you first have to mix incedients and create it

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wow that's surprising. I thought most would consider animations to be superior. But understand that most can't do it because of the cost.
Part of it is time too.

A decent animation with good hardware can take 7+ hours to make. A decent animation with mediocre hardware can take several days to get right.

When updates take half a year to land a large chunk of the reason is because of the animations. It's not too bad for the bigger times like Pink and Philly but when you get to the solo devs it's a huge time sink.

If they have to outsource then it gets really expensive.

I know quite few people love animated scenes but they are a huge problem to a lot of devs.

Reactions: Deadmanvs1

davemanster

Jun 10, 2017
Many games don't have animations, not everyone makes a lot of money from doing it, so can't afford to spend $5k (thereabouts) for a great rendering box, animations take a lot of extra renders to make them and a lot more time.
A lot of devs make games in their spare time, it's not a full time job for them.
I agree with everything except the $5k for a rendering box. Of course you *COULD* spend $5k+ on a rendering box, but $5k is certainly not necessary.

Reactions: jdw6

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I agree with everything except the $5k for a rendering box. Of course you *COULD* spend $5k+ on a rendering box, but $5k is certainly not necessary.
Will agree with this, especially if you build it yourself.

Getting a really good PC on a budget is quite easy if you shop around. Premades can get really expensive though.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Yeap, what I'm working on building is currently price around $2587, and that's including a 3090 GPU.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeap, what I'm working on building is currently price around $2587, and that's including a 3090 GPU.
Mine cost just over, just shy of 2.5k and that's only because I couldn't find a cheap 3080.

The GPU and the damned SSD were the most expensive things for me.

I had a nightmare of a time finding the SSD I wanted. In fact there was a whole month where if someone would have said "ssd" to me I would have legit bit their ankles.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Mine cost just over, just shy of 2.5k and that's only because I couldn't find a cheap 3080.

The GPU and the damned SSD were the most expensive things for me.

I had a nightmare of a time finding the SSD I wanted. In fact there was a whole month where if someone would have said "ssd" to me I would have legit bit their ankles.
heh, I'm going for this M2 SSD
1662314460607.png
Decent price...

Reactions: jdw6 and Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
View attachment 2024996
Decent price...
Yeah, that's a really good one.

I had my heart set on a 2tb because it's a gaming rig and my MMO's take up a LOT of space, especially Final Fantasy 14. Got a 1tb in the end because the value for money was far better, 2 tb's were getting close to £300 and over.

Silly me decided to try and buy parts in the middle of the pandemic though so struggled a lot. I had to replace the GPU because getting hold of those was a nightmare and I had a 1080 for ages, it was all I could get hold of.

I hate covid and I never even had it.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
MODS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for this messing with your saves or progression. Back-up saves are recommended.

OVERALL
Hopefully you find these mods to be useful. I'm definitely open to constructive criticism, feedback, and any suggestions. Do take into account that I consider myself to be a fairly green modder. There are large limitations to what I can do, so please keep that in mind if/when you are make suggestions.
did you forget to upload the file for the gallery it's still the old version or is it comming later?

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
View attachment 2024996
Decent price...
It's only $107.97 on Amazon (US) today. :) But be sure to get at least the 3rd gen (WDS100T3X0C). I swear it was noticeably faster than the 2nd gen (WDS100T2X0C). Got both. But next up here is gonna be the Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, mostly b/c the new MB does PCIe Gen4 and my current SSDs are Gen3. But also the r/w speeds seemed better for the $$$. And the 1TBs fill up too fast.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's only $107.97 on Amazon (US) today. :) But be sure to get at least the 3rd gen (WDS100T3X0C). I swear it was noticeably faster than the 2nd gen (WDS100T2X0C). Got both. But next up here is gonna be the Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, mostly b/c the new MB does PCIe Gen4 and my current SSDs are Gen3. But also the r/w speeds seemed better for the $$$. And the 1TBs fill up too fast.
Thanks, I'll make note of that when I buy it.

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Silly me decided to try and buy parts in the middle of the pandemic though so struggled a lot. I had to replace the GPU because getting hold of those was a nightmare and I had a 1080 for ages, it was all I could get hold of.
Maybe I was "lucky" to not have a job, therefore no money at all, during all that... my (crappy by the site's standards) gaming rig died so was stuck w/ an even crappier "gaming" laptop... let's just say it had a 3-digit GPU. :(

Edit: Ok, so the 1060 isn't "crap" it's just not as good... but vs the 650M it's blazing. Now all I need is a faster way to download these things... still got another 40+ mins for this game... maybe I should've used Mega, but 2+gb is pushing it for them.

Last edited:

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Can't speak for anyone but me (and some days, even that's doubtful) but for me, it's this: plot/story, writing style, grammar (spell check?), graphics, ability to skip/avoid stuff I consider "crap", and then animations... but too many of those do the "white screen" flash. Oddly, when searching for games, it's engine used, tags (2d/3d), description (writing style), sample images, then thread comments...
... Lately it's been a whole lot of revisiting games that I "ignored" (like this one) to give them a 2nd chance.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Seriously, no animation on this one? How do people bother -not- making animation in adult erotica anymore?
can do animations if has 2 comps with top end radeon or geforce cards but still it takes time and increases size of game and some games just work w/o animations.

so after reading I get that the ntr is avoidable as long as you make the right choices right?
yes.

Cerbara

Jan 29, 2021
may I ask what was in this update? I only got 1 short convo with the mum then daughter, then... bed no more content

3.60 star(s) 36 Votes