GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Yeah, that font and all caps is just awful. Writing needs some help. There almost no choices, but plenty of opportunities for them to be added.

I think I love you Really? They just fucking met.

I dunno, doesn't seem very promising so far.

Plotypus

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, that font and all caps is just awful. Writing needs some help. There almost no choices, but plenty of opportunities for them to be added.

I think I love you Really? They just fucking met.

I dunno, doesn't seem very promising so far.
I am not a native speaker, If you tell me how to better describe love at first sight, I will definitely listen to it.

Jul 6, 2021
Yeah, going to be a couple more releases before it'll be worth it (ie any action) , and the Engrish needs to be cleaned up.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
BUG REPORT!

Name entry doesn't take caps, indeed, it takes lowercase as caps. not good.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
yeah, echoing others, cannot read this shit in ALL FUKKEN CAPS.

I don't care if it's Pride & Prejudice or Katie goes to bonetown, all caps is a fuckin no.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
the overwive say the girl go to live in another count with second protagonist. but it he who transferd in nother country. The overwives is half lie?
Can anyone imagine what translations 200 yrs ago were like :oops: We can't do it well now? :unsure:
This is why religious text from 2000 yrs ago should be suspect :sneaky:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Suggestion: get someone who speaks English as their native/first language to proof read and/or translate this.
I think the game has potential. But, it's not easy to enjoy visual novels when the grammar or translation isn't real great.

Can anyone imagine what translations 200 yrs ago were like :oops: We can't do it well now? :unsure:
This is why religious text from 2000 yrs ago should be suspect :sneaky:
Honestly, I use Google Translate for most things, and it seems to come out at least decent with most languages. (I've tested at least between Spanish, French, German & English, and according to friends, they are pretty accurate, though some other languages may not turn out as well.) I'm also sure that some of the struggle in today's world may be due to the common knowledge of the average person. I see horrible grammar within people speaking their own native language. lol
If people can't even use their own native language well, how can they translate other languages well?
The translations in some games can be pretty bad. This game isn't horrible, but definitely needs improvement.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I use Google Translate for most things, and it seems to come out at least decent with most languages. (I've tested at least between Spanish, French, German & English, and according to friends, they are pretty accurate,
I agree,
Question: let's say you are a Russian dev, you translate to English using Google translate, how are you sure if it came out as you intended?

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I agree,
Question: let's say you are a Russian dev, you translate to English using Google translate, how are you sure if it came out as you intended?
That's why it's best to have a translator on standby to help you, but I know even that isn't always an available option.
I would say these forums and listening to followers/fans/Patrons/etc. Personally, I would start out using the best known translator I had access to (online reviews can help with programs/tools that are downloadable). And if people say it isn't right, kindly ask them what is the correct way to say that particular sentence...if of course it isn't a lot of parts that are that far off.
Just an idea of a work around. It's great when we know people who can help us but again, I know that's not always an option. I don't have any Russian speaking friends. I have plenty who speak Spanish, German, French and Arabic, though. I would be able to have those translated, I guess, if I were in that situation lol.

Although, I have actually reverse translated sentences into Google translate, just to see if it came out the same from the other end.

Maybe a book? I have a couple books of various different languages, though I never use them.

I have Kanji and Katakana tattooed all over my arms, and have asked a couple sushi chefs how correct it was and they confirmed is was correct...I used google translate lol. (takes balls to get a tattoo THEN ask if it's done correctly haha)

One thing's for sure, though. NEVER machine translate. The majority of them suck. haha

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
That's why it's best to have a translator on standby to help you, but I know even that isn't always an available option.
That's the big hurdle I think most DEV's run up against. most are on a budget, short on time, not a full-time DEV.
Also, it might be a little worrying to have someone else make changes to your script.
A couple of times I've quickly made corrections to a V0.1 or demo game here on F95 and send it off to the DEV, I always get a thank you, but they never use my corrections :(

Plotypus

Nov 20, 2018
Suggestion: get someone who speaks English as their native/first language to proof read and/or translate this.
I think the game has potential. But, it's not easy to enjoy visual novels when the grammar or translation isn't real great.

Honestly, I use Google Translate for most things, and it seems to come out at least decent with most languages. (I've tested at least between Spanish, French, German & English, and according to friends, they are pretty accurate, though some other languages may not turn out as well.) I'm also sure that some of the struggle in today's world may be due to the common knowledge of the average person. I see horrible grammar within people speaking their own native language. lol
If people can't even use their own native language well, how can they translate other languages well?
The translations in some games can be pretty bad. This game isn't horrible, but definitely needs improvement.
You're absolutely right, But I can't afford to spend an extra $200-300 for an interpreter. I would be happy to give the text for revision, as of course my level does not allow for open dialogue. This is a difficult situation for me

preview2_Camera.png
Update:
1) changed the font
2) fixed the main menu
3) corrected the dialogues
4) Renderings of the school and cafe are ready
5) The update will be released in early October

I agree,
Of course you're right. But I can't pay the translator at the moment. I had a choice to do this or not to do it at all. It's my mistake, but I made it consciously

That's the big hurdle I think most DEV's run up against. most are on a budget, short on time, not a full-time DEV.
Also, it might be a little worrying to have someone else make changes to your script.
A couple of times I've quickly made corrections to a V0.1 or demo game here on F95 and send it off to the DEV, I always get a thank you, but they never use my corrections :(
You're awesome, I think your edits still helped people in the future with their projects.(I apologize for any mistakes)

pool8_Camera.jpg
1. In the next update you will be able to choose another name for Elsa
2. Elsa's line is completed

Hi everyone, today is my birthday, and this is my birthday update for everyone. Thank to everyone who leaves feedback. :)
film1.jpg

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent uploaded here ( ) and seeded on 2x 1gbps servers.
Note: This release is modified to work on Windows/MacOS & Linux.
If you've any questions or issues, please let me know!

Info:
Ren'Py version: 7.4.4
Size: 803M
SHA1SUM: 01c2460cfa501f55ec997febe26253bead58a7a6
You can find additional information . If you find this useful, we have a too!

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
EXCHANGE [v0.2] [Plotypus] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 787 MB / 152 MB - Exchange-0.2-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 753 MB / 117 MB - Exchange-0.2-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

Note: Old saves aren't working, you have to start a new game!

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
Of course you're right. But I can't pay the translator at the moment. I had a choice to do this or not to do it at all. It's my mistake, but I made it consciously
Hire a native speaker for the translation? I do not think is a necessity. The English used in England, USA, Australia, etc. Is not the same.

You don't need a native speaker but an author. Because translation is not a science but an art. I do few myself and i do not have the patience and discipline. But i know the job.

The big mistake is translate word for word. This is give a text without logic in most of the time. This is not word you have to translate but idea and emotion and ambiance. You have not to be exactly like the original text but adapt it. When you learn a foreign language. The most difficult to learn is changing the way our mind work. This is the reason why learning a third or a fourth language is most easy. This job is already done.

All this to explain translating is not changing the original words for the same in English. This is an adaptation of it to the new language. You need an artist to adapt the original concept. Because is an idea you have to translate and not word.

I'm a French native speaker. But i never use French translation. Because is hard to follow. The text have no life and is incoherent in major way.

Why is in is so bad quality. This is because word is translated and not idea. I already try to help a translator with this problem with few alternative translation. I do it in provate to be sure is not humiliated for im.

He take it like a personal attack to his work and never a stranger was tell him how to do is job. All i wanted is help him to improve his work.

This is how work an amator. A professional listen to you. If you suggest him alternative. He was study it seriously and if he reject it. He can explain why.

A professional translate idea not word.

This is the reason why i suggest to you to search a translator with literacy formation before a native language writer.

If our work is a quality work with a strong plot and story... And with render of high quality (I do not try our game yet). You can find a translator to dot it for free.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
if anyone is interested: the go files link contains both pc and mac versions , and is twice as big as other links

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
ok are we need to play both protagonists or can we, at some point, decide we want to play as only one of them?