rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
Nope, don't want it going down that path.
From my communication with GuterReiter, I got the impression that's not something he wants to have in his game.
And frankly, I don't think it would befit the relationship depicted up to this point.

One of the design goals I had for the mod I want to make was not to "break" the game, neither with pacing nor with the way the characters act - especially Nicole and Steve. This puts quite a few restraints on what I can do. GR assured me he'd be fine with whatever I decide to create, but I didn't want to make a "for the giggles" mod doing whatever, but one that expands the storyline in a believable fashion, with some content GR hasn't thought of and with some content GR cannot pursue in the game due to rules imposed on him (mostly by Patreon).

Anyway, sorry for the segway, I just wanted to give a reason on why I believe that's not where the game is headed.

Reiter told me, though, that he was a little bit disappointed by the games lukewarm reception by the "general audience" and figured it might be because Nicole didn't go all in on the "whoring", whilst my position was this was exactly what makes the game what it is. As others have remarked, TAC took the other approach, and judging by how that game proceeded, I'm not sure it's a surefire way to success to pursue such angle.

If I were to make a game like this myself from scratch, I'd want to have some odds - you often have this in japanese games with NTR theme. Meaning, there's more bad endings than good endings, and the fun in gameplay (insofar you want to use that word in VNs) is both finding the good ending(s) and seeing the bad endings play out - cause for the player, a bad ending can be quite enjoyable, obviously.

Ouch, another segway - to sum up again, I believe GR has made up his mind about EG and will stick to his arms until the end - time will tell whether I'm correct in this assumption or not. :)

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
From my communication with GuterReiter, I got the impression that's not something he wants to have in his game.
And frankly, I don't think it would befit the relationship depicted up to this point.

One of the design goals I had for the mod I want to make was not to "break" the game, neither with pacing nor with the way the characters act - especially Nicole and Steve. This puts quite a few restraints on what I can do. GR assured me he'd be fine with whatever I decide to create, but I didn't want to make a "for the giggles" mod doing whatever, but one that expands the storyline in a believable fashion, with some content GR hasn't thought of and with some content GR cannot pursue in the game due to rules imposed on him (mostly by Patreon).

Anyway, sorry for the segway, I just wanted to give a reason on why I believe that's not where the game is headed.

Reiter told me, though, that he was a little bit disappointed by the games lukewarm reception by the "general audience" and figured it might be because Nicole didn't go all in on the "whoring", whilst my position was this was exactly what makes the game what it is. As others have remarked, TAC took the other approach, and judging by how that game proceeded, I'm not sure it's a surefire way to success to pursue such angle.

If I were to make a game like this myself from scratch, I'd want to have some odds - you often have this in japanese games with NTR theme. Meaning, there's more bad endings than good endings, and the fun in gameplay (insofar you want to use that word in VNs) is both finding the good ending(s) and seeing the bad endings play out - cause for the player, a bad ending can be quite enjoyable, obviously.

Ouch, another segway - to sum up again, I believe GR has made up his mind about EG and will stick to his arms until the end - time will tell whether I'm correct in this assumption or not. :)
I'm hoping he does stick to his guns. This is easily the best sharing game out there. There are more than enough games out there already where you can whore your SO to your hearts content. Guter keep going the way you are going. I also recently became a patron to show my support.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Reiter told me, though, that he was a little bit disappointed by the games lukewarm reception by the "general audience" and figured it might be because Nicole didn't go all in on the "whoring",
Partly true I suppose but there is also another side to the coin.

Good sharing games are few and far between. TAC started off good but then turned into a slut sim and it gets boring after a while.

Judging by conversations i've had there and my own personal opinion, I prefer when couples do this as a couple. It's one of the reasons i've enjoyed EG so far.

However, the worry it will turn into another TAC is what stops me, and likely a few others, from supporting. If it stays the course then i'll revisit that.

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
Partly true I suppose but there is also another side to the coin.

Good sharing games are few and far between. TAC started off good but then turned into a slut sim and it gets boring after a while.

Judging by conversations i've had there and my own personal opinion, I prefer when couples do this as a couple. It's one of the reasons i've enjoyed EG so far.

However, the worry it will turn into another TAC is what stops me, and likely a few others, from supporting. If it stays the course then i'll revisit that.
Like a couple people said, dev needs to develop the female cop Casey as an option.
But we'll see when the Christmas update gets here.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Adviar5050

Aug 11, 2020
BTW, I posted my possible scenario for two reasons. First, I wanted to get more comments on this thread since I think it deserves to have more discussion. The second, and more important reason, is that with this game people are very protective of the relationship between Steve and Nicole. I wanted to see what would happen if one of them went too far. I noticed a few people criticized my scenario because they felt it went too far. How is that different than Steve getting a blowjob from the girl who stole the watch? He did a sexual act without Nicole and without Nicole's permission. Nicole has done this a few times before, with Joseph for instance. My scenario just used the example that they both were playing their game and enjoying but because of a little bit too much to drink Nicole has sex with someone that she thought was Steve. Realize she already had sex with him with Steve and just because she was drunk she got into the wrong bed and had sex with the guy again thinking it was Steve. I love the fact that so many people are so protective of the relationship. I think it's a credit to Guter that he has done such a great job creating a game that is different than all the rest. Final question to the guy who said he has talked with Guter, has he mentioned if their will be multiple endings to the game? Based on everything he has done so far, he must have the ending(s) already planned out. If there are multiple endings you have to wonder if their is a bad ending and if their is what is the reason for that. Anyway, that's just my opinion, doesn't make it right, just makes it mine.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
BTW, I posted my possible scenario for two reasons. First, I wanted to get more comments on this thread since I think it deserves to have more discussion. The second, and more important reason, is that with this game people are very protective of the relationship between Steve and Nicole. I wanted to see what would happen if one of them went too far. I noticed a few people criticized my scenario because they felt it went too far. How is that different than Steve getting a blowjob from the girl who stole the watch? He did a sexual act without Nicole and without Nicole's permission. Nicole has done this a few times before, with Joseph for instance. My scenario just used the example that they both were playing their game and enjoying but because of a little bit too much to drink Nicole has sex with someone that she thought was Steve. Realize she already had sex with him with Steve and just because she was drunk she got into the wrong bed and had sex with the guy again thinking it was Steve. I love the fact that so many people are so protective of the relationship. I think it's a credit to Guter that he has done such a great job creating a game that is different than all the rest. Final question to the guy who said he has talked with Guter, has he mentioned if their will be multiple endings to the game? Based on everything he has done so far, he must have the ending(s) already planned out. If there are multiple endings you have to wonder if their is a bad ending and if their is what is the reason for that. Anyway, that's just my opinion, doesn't make it right, just makes it mine.
Well stated.

A sharing and/or swinging relationship is a fine line for couples to walk. As with all desires and fantasies you don't know what works and what doesn't until you try - in a loving relationship that has the potential to damage the foundational trust beyond repair. I'm not sure how I feel about the alcohol scenario (it has been done a bit already in the VN), although I believe should the opportunity arise Nicole or Steve could take it to the "next level" without explicit consent - especially considering consent has been implied throughout the story so far. While I am not certain there should be a "cheating" route, regardless of how brief or under what circumstances it happens, i.e. the alcohol scenario or getting high on the camping trip, etc. if there was implied consent and it did happen I agree that a tryst with another (or group of others ;)) isn't out of the question as long as it is canonical.

Adviar5050

Aug 11, 2020
As much as I enjoy the game I do have to make one criticism of Guter. I went back through his patreon feed and found a post in October where he basically apologized for not having the new chapter and said "it will definitely be up by November". We are now almost through December and no update (watch now that I post this the update will come out the next day). I get that he is working alone and I understand updates may take awhile but don't promise something you know you can't deliver. Its frustrating

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Nicole isn't everyone's cup of tea. People have compared her face with that of Michael Jackson's. Her 'scrawny' figure goes also against what usually sells here. Those kind of remarks never came up in TAC as far as I know, the model is well liked across the border.

Not to go all political in here but I guess him hailing from Russia probably put a damper on his income as well.

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
Nicole isn't everyone's cup of tea. People have compared her face with that of Michael Jackson's. Her 'scrawny' figure goes also against what usually sells here. Those kind of remarks never came up in TAC as far as I know, the model is well liked across the border.

Not to go all political in here but I guess him hailing from Russia probably put a damper on his income as well.
Yeah, the Michael Jackson analogy is something I noticed going really on his nerves - it's been touted so often...
Since he shared the original model with me since, I can say he didn't put in any tweaks to make this look more prevalent - he merely picked a daz model HE found appealing, which I find to be fair enough.
Same for the body - and I for one like Nicole's realistic proportions, but sure, that stuff probably had an impact.

As for politics, unless people pre-anticipated the Ukraine stuff, the Patreon is far older than the war, so I don't believe that played a role. And it shouldn't.

In my opinion, one reason is lack of communication over large stretches of time on his part, plus anything in the NTR ballpark tends to be controversial for some reason. As Avaron posted above, even the core audience is, after 15 episodes, the last of those coming in two parts, still warily waiting whether it'll eventually turn into another TAC instead of supporting the games development. Talk about a tough crowd. :D

But us folks liking the game are lucky that Reiter seems determined to push through to the finish line - I'm sure he learned some lessons along the way for his next game. I definitely wish him all the best.

That all said, I'm not Reiter, so I can't speak for him, keep that in mind when reading my remarks.

peperonni31

Jan 1, 2023
As much as I enjoy the game I do have to make one criticism of Guter. I went back through his patreon feed and found a post in October where he basically apologized for not having the new chapter and said "it will definitely be up by November". We are now almost through December and no update (watch now that I post this the update will come out the next day). I get that he is working alone and I understand updates may take awhile but don't promise something you know you can't deliver. Its frustrating
Also I want to add that you may end up late to your deadline, it happens in life, everybody experiences unexpected shit that makes us late for something. BUT not letting your followers know you are going to be late is something else. Guter's communication is so bad that even though I love this game he makes me hate it.

At this point I don't understand the people who support him through patreon, he does not deserve it NO MATTER HOW GOOD HIS GAME IS.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
Also I want to add that you may end up late to your deadline, it happens in life, everybody experiences unexpected shit that makes us late for something. BUT not letting your followers know you are going to be late is something else. Guter's communication is so bad that even though I love this game he makes me hate it.

At this point I don't understand the people who support him through patreon, he does not deserve it NO MATTER HOW GOOD HIS GAME IS.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Reactions: Dani_secret

Adviar5050

Aug 11, 2020
Regarding Nicole's look, I have always enjoyed it and frankly never saw the resemblance to Michael Jackson but to each their own. But that brings up a good question, how much does the look of the lead female have to do with you playing the game? I enjoy Nicole's athletic build but I also enjoy women who are more....rounded. Remember the game The Motel (I think it just got redone), I always thought the MC's wife was really hot and she looks nothing like Nicole. Also, someone else mentioned that Guter is Russian. I didn't know that, is it true or just a guess? If it is I feel bad for him. I know that part of the sanctions put on Russia was blocking payments from outside and this includes Patreon, so he may not getting any money but he keeps on developing. Also, depending on his age, a lot of Russian's are getting drafted into the military. I hope that doesn't happen to him. I've heard that anybody under the age of 45 has the potential of going to war. Anyway, just hope the new update comes out before the first of the year. I have to admit that I'm losing interest in the game which is sad since this still is my favorite game.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Regarding Nicole's look, I have always enjoyed it and frankly never saw the resemblance to Michael Jackson but to each their own. But that brings up a good question, how much does the look of the lead female have to do with you playing the game? I enjoy Nicole's athletic build but I also enjoy women who are more....rounded. Remember the game The Motel (I think it just got redone), I always thought the MC's wife was really hot and she looks nothing like Nicole. Also, someone else mentioned that Guter is Russian. I didn't know that, is it true or just a guess? If it is I feel bad for him. I know that part of the sanctions put on Russia was blocking payments from outside and this includes Patreon, so he may not getting any money but he keeps on developing. Also, depending on his age, a lot of Russian's are getting drafted into the military. I hope that doesn't happen to him. I've heard that anybody under the age of 45 has the potential of going to war. Anyway, just hope the new update comes out before the first of the year. I have to admit that I'm losing interest in the game which is sad since this still is my favorite game.
Nicole bears a slight resemblance to Michael Jackson in the face shape, somewhat in the eyes, and she is somewhat pale. This does not mean she is ugly or anything. Some of us just like to joke about it a little bit. I prefer her body type. It's nice to see some devs out there appreciating the more 'average' build instead of resorting to big ass/big tits, which I personally find unattractive when they are over exaggerated. How much does the look of the lead female have to do with me playing the game? Quite a bit. If I'm not attracted at all, I'm not going to play. But I don't expect them to be super models. And also, I'm just happy it's not a cookie-cutter Daz model.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
Nicole bears a slight resemblance to Michael Jackson in the face shape, somewhat in the eyes, and she is somewhat pale. This does not mean she is ugly or anything. Some of us just like to joke about it a little bit. I prefer her body type. It's nice to see some devs out there appreciating the more 'average' build instead of resorting to big ass/big tits, which I personally find unattractive when they are over exaggerated. How much does the look of the lead female have to do with me playing the game? Quite a bit. If I'm not attracted at all, I'm not going to play. But I don't expect them to be super models. And also, I'm just happy it's not a cookie-cutter Daz model.
Wow Lab, we agree on something else! :LOL: I really don't like when devs go the oversized boobs/ass route either. Much prefer one's like Nicole.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab
4.40 star(s) 80 Votes