VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I know a lot of people weren't keen on being with Lena but for me, she was my favorite and this is quite possibly one of the worst choices the dev could have gone for talk about shooting yourself in the foot :oops:
I really loved Lena. I was really upset to have to cheat on her. But I also played with different saves, taking different routes each time (one stayed true to Lena, one pursued Clara, one went for Haley, etc.). Literally every single one of those was nullified with this latest update. Not only did I automatically cheat on Lena as of Chapter 10, but now I've also not stayed true to the playthroughs of any of my other routes. (I didn't care for Zenny, so I hadn't really pursued her until forced to.)

This is the biggest problem I had with this release. I never intended any attempt at forming a harem or whatever. I wanted to see how committing to different girls turned out differently (like I did with Lancaster Boarding House, for instance). While I felt some of the endings for LBH were rushed or didn't make complete sense, at least my choices weren't thrown away as the game went on.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
After several updates, I'm up to date now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Bit late to the party but i'll weigh in. The update was great. Admittedly I was on Lena's path and fooling around every chance I got anyway, so it dovetailed nicely with what I was already doing. I was keeping a "Loyal to Lena" Path save too though. So that's a smidge disappointing but not much. The explanation or the narrowed field of choices is simple, fair, and as someone who hasn't donated I certainly have no room to bitch and moan here.

If you haven't backed, you don't get to complain that lack of backing is forcing the dev to focus his efforts more narrowly.

If you have backed, try to understand that lack of OTHERS(Like me, for example) backing is forcing the dev to focus his efforts more narrowly.

At least he chose the best path to take to the finish line :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PPE2RedDucks

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Chapter 12, coming soon
The penultimate chapter is on its way. I'm aiming for the 10th of this month for $6 patrons. It's been a tricky code. The story is coming to an end and your reputation with the girls will play a big part in how things turn out.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
OK, I'm just gonna throw this out there before playing Chapter 12. I'm gonna try to keep a cool head and not get angry when the inevitable happens and more choices I make are nullified.

Now, with that said, the saddest thing to me now about this game is that the game's creation will end soon. If the cheat-on-everyone path were just the one currently being developed, I would be OK with it and just return some time later when other paths were developed. But the fact that Mr. Rigg has indicated a desire to move on to the next game is extremely disappointing. As I've said previously, he might as well change this from a virtual novel to a kinetic one and just tell a story, rather than presenting it as a set of choices that ultimately will be ignored.

I know others would still be irritated or frustrated, but I would even be OK if he started another game still but every other release cycle would be an update for a different path in Eye of the Storm. (This can work at least somewhat, like how Astaros3D toggles between Girl House and further updates to My Cute Roommate.) Unfortunately, the choice to completely move on that Mr. Rigg seems to have made will, I believe, prove to be a huge mistake. At a minimum, I'll be hesitant to try future games from this developer when I'm not sure how much fun it will be to make pointless choices in some new environment. :(

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Is this the missing Lena part? If not there is no point in downloading it.
No, but you are a given a choice in this chapter that seems like it could be a path to redemption with Lena in the final chapter.

I know a lot of people are pissed about the dev holding parts of the story hostage for ransom (I'm one of them), but this chapter was pretty good and had a pretty funny fake-out and an interesting twist. It's definitely worth playing.

Reactions: Dependable_223

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
No, but you are a given a choice in this chapter that seems like it could be a path to redemption with Lena in the final chapter.

I know a lot of people are pissed about the dev holding parts of the story hostage for ransom (I'm one of them), but this chapter was pretty good and had a pretty funny fake-out and an interesting twist. It's definitely worth playing.
Hm..thanks i might consider downloading it even if i'm still pretty annoyed with the last update.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Wow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mormont

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

NAME OF THE GAME - Original Size: 2.41GB

Download Win (337MB): - - - -

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes