VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
"If you want your previous choices in this game to mean something, pay me more."

This is so bad it's amusing.

You know what's really funny, the game could have started with mc waking up at the pool if we didn't fuck Zenny, and the creator could have just left out some dialogue if we didn't fuck her. This would have allowed us to continue our path, the creator would have needed to do any extra work, and we wouldn't be so angry about how this game's going.
But then, how could that be used to ask for more Patreon $$$? :LOL:

BananaPyjama

Oct 22, 2017
"If you want your previous choices in this game to mean something, pay me more."

This is so bad it's amusing.

But then, how could that be used to ask for more Patreon $$$? :LOL:
He was going to stop making the game around ch. 7 (I could look it up to be accurate, but fuck it, I'm lazy), so he's gotta try to get dem Patreon moneyz somehow now that he was so nice and continued the game even though he didn't get rich quick.

erkper

May 16, 2018
OK, fuck this I'm done. Agree with everything everyone has said about the shitty lazy writing and how it is exactly ass-backward to expect MORE patrons and MORE patron money by creating a deliberately cluster-fucked game that you say you will only fix if you are paid more. Douche.

Reactions: Demigawd

BulletPete

May 5, 2017
If you're just gonna fuck your game up like this, just remove choices altogether and make it a kinect novel. At least you won't be misleading your patreons.

If you're smart about this, stop developing the story and focus on filling in the holes you've created beforehand, otherwise you'll only lose patreons instead of gaining them, since i'm willing to bet most peoples playthrough has either been ruined or left incomplete at this point. Just telling the player to assume they took a certain path is piss poor game development, you're literally forcing the player to play something they didn't want to. (And they didn't even get to see the sex scene which is like rubbing salt on the open wound)

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
I dont know if you need to glad but not sure about the part some like BBW how did they like the fact that Hildy was sucking G if MC was the one loyal to hildy ??:sick:

Did anyone played this part ?? i know for many Hildy was no option but i played many path including this one..
Yeah it was kind of building up to something like that though, in previous chapters even if you make every choice to favor a relationship with Hildy (which I did, since she is the only one I would be interested in - well OK maybe Mrs. H if she demanded I get on my knees :sneaky:) she goes off and does stuff with G. That kind of sucked and I thought the dev was going to take away any option of being with her, so at least we got a chance with her in this update if you make sure to choose taking Mrs. H to the gas station first.

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
This update just started off with Lena running off because the MC was screwing around on her..... wow that is rly shtty, especially since I tried to be a good guy more often than not.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Glad I never started this game.
I'd say the first part of the game is quite good and you may like it. I was also surprised on this last update since I had been ignoring Zenny (Zanny?). It'd almost make me stop playing this for some updates but for the fact that I like Clara and next update will surely have content with her. It is a shame that we can't continue the path in which we stay loyal to Lena though since she's pretty cool.

What kind of name is Ape?
A shorthand for something

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Okay, so let me get this straight. We got a clusterfuck with unfinished and railroaded paths that don't make a iota of sense. Well, okay, I didn't mind the Haley decision since I did that path anyway, but I don't even have the necessary Zenny stats for her to be interested in Ape. (Also I'm pretty sure I've never accumulated 4 Hildy points.)

The situation is that he is earning $ 230 (he gained one 5 dollar patron in the last two hours) and wants $ 600 per month to include missing story paths. So that's 370 more. He also says that there are two updates left in the story, then it's done.

Now let's do some probability calculation. How realistic is that plan? (Rhetorical question, this will never come to fruition and patrons are ska-rooooooooed.)

Reactions: botc76

duach

Apr 25, 2018
It seems creator do not respect fans or no one for that matter. I usually don't get this upset but when this happens......well f... this game!!!!!!!:mad:

Reactions: Zonal12

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Hmm havent played this since the poker event with the girls, i see it went downhill quite a lot. Im gonna play the next updates as well since i want to see how it ends, but after the recent events, i cant take this game seriously anymore.

Reactions: Zonal12

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I'm going to be the odd one out here.

Yes, the removing of plot lines were disappointing.

But up until the last 2 updates, choices mattered very much in this game.
What he came up against, is the consequences of trying to write a cool game with multiple paths. At some stage, you need to create content for such a lot of paths, that moving forward creates very little content moving forward.

What he basically did was selecting one path and finishing up that path. (On what he probably though most players would have chosen). He told the player what path he is moving forward in and basically created a decent amount of content for that path.

The way he SHOULD move forward now, is to finish this path. Then move on to the next path, say Lena...then the next Lenny, Clara etc. etc. I hope that will be what he does, and if he does this, it will actually be an amazing game!

What a lot of you are complaining about and judging the dev on, is the method that the dev use to develop the game and not the final product.

Having said that, there is a real chance that the dev does not finish all the paths and only finish the main Cheating/Harem path. That would be a disappointment, but so far that has not happened.

I'm still enjoying this game and are holding out for the finished product.

Last edited:
Reactions: juanito

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Glad I never started this game.
I'm regretting that I ever did considering it went off the rails the way it has.

methinks this will gain an abandoned tag before it hits it's patreon goal...
Nope, he's going to finish it with there only being 2 chapters left so he can keep getting what money he is from his patrons. Then the below is what will happen. We'll likely never see this dev again.

The dev is just trying to make a one and done quick buck of patrons and it shows.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Lot of people being super-mean to the Dev on this one, but I'm more with Alfius.

That announcement near the start of this update, "owning to a shortage of resources...", clearly infuriates some ... but whether the Dev means shortage of financial resources, tech resources, cooperative staff resources, or just time resources, I think it's a fact of life. Game development is arduous, labor-intensive, and - esp. if you have never tried creating an online VN - it's easy not to understand the toll it can often take, and so "kick up", & turn on a developer who's struggling.

Yes, I take the point that actual financial supporters may feel short-changed (if you're not a patron, surely less room to shout and moan?). And any player of a game that looked promising may get angry when disappointed the game doesn't fulfil all that promise - a natural emotional response, if not a very sympathetic one.

And of course, you could say: if Devs can't see their way to completing a game as excitingly as they started it, perhaps they shouldn't even start it in the first place, getting players' and patrons' hopes up (And possibly other things, anatomically speaking.)

But that too is a hard view, I think.

Developers may start with the best intentions, good ideas, good skills, and life then gets in the way. Some think they've cracked it, and difficulties arise. Some get into difficulties at home, family, in some cases with their day job (until a Dev makes a big income from games development, it's rarely sustaining as a livelihood on its own), some even get ill.

So I'd like to say: don't turn too much destructive wrath on the creator of this game. (Unless of course you're his/her landlord. Or supporting her/him with a ton of bucks a month, perhaps.)

Of the game: all in all, I like most of it, a lot.

The girls' bodies are not always consistent (the old problem of boobs getting huge in one frame, small in another, and very odd, gravity-defying shapes in other stills ... is a classic problem, evident here too).

The girls' reactions and behaviours can be a bit inconsistent too - the same girl (let's take Mrs Hodgkinson, or is it Hopkinson, for one) may in one incident smile and accept - even be turned on by - the MC's seed-scattering multi-girl promiscuousness, or get insanely jealous on a different occasion - but then, here's the point:

Physical AND psychological consistency (evenness all the way through) are two of the hardest things for any Dev to get right throughout an online game/VN!

FWIW: The worst thing about this story to me is the "sudden death" - not occurring in this section, at least as I played it. I'm all for risk and hazard in games. A MC simply tending a harem in a humdrum, everyday "So which girl should I shag today - let's see ..." fashion may be exciting visually, but can in time send you to sleep. Some risk, some danger of the girl turning angry, vengeful, rejecting the MC's thinking (and dick), collusion between girls, unintended loss of a girl to another guy or guys, arrest by cops obviously ... some sort of hazard increases the stake, the intensity, the excitement of a game.

If it's the risk of being physically attacked by someone, okay. All I'd ask is that: a) it's a very clear, deserved consequence of bad/stupid decisions taken by the player; AND: b) you as a player (of the MC) can somehow see the attack coming, AND ALSO have some chance of escape/fighting back/talking your way out of it/surviving in some way. In previous episodes, the MC sometimes gets suddenly slain by the psychopath in a couple of seconds/frames, without a chance to do anything. You might say "deserved revenge for being a male slut", but hey: unfair! This is fantasy. Claustrophobia (not seeing what's coming beyond the screen) can be bad enough. Give the MC a chance, I say ... a chance of life. (Even in real life, you can hear it and see it. And can defend yourself in court ...)

Zenny is a super creation, as thoughtful as she is horny, and extremely sexy in her dangerous, reckless hippy way.

Lena is gorgeous, and lovely, and lonely, and a great inclusion (I mean this) as a person with a disability, to be sexy, sad and sweet.

The "big girl" too is quite a sporting inclusion, you might say, though not technically a disability, she's clearly very unhappy with her obesity, very low self-esteem, and it shows. Again well done to the Dev for including her. (Doesn't look just like "fat fetish": there's sympathy and also psychological issues there.)

Most of the girls/women, however inconsistent at times (see above - I don't just mean naturally moody, during their period, as virgins, etc., but swinging around between extreme generosity and extreme spite) are well drawn as characters, and as images.

The plot is contrived, okay, true. But then, it's a fantasy game. Just as the "precarious harem" structure is "suspended disbelief".

Personally, I like most aspects of it.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 18 Votes