VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

BadFox1

Jan 7, 2019
Good News: Lena gets her sexy hair back.

Bad News: Lena gets her character route taken away.

Lena was my favourite from the start, but she's just been horribly mishandled the whole game. First, there were the awful "Ow it hurts" sex scenes, then the stupid haircut, and now we have the choice to be loyal to her retroactively taken away. But on the plus side, we actually had a sex scene with her that she enjoyed. On the downside, it was in the creepy rape cabin for some inexplicably stupid reason. What's with Ape and crime scenes? First he screws a complete stranger in a fresh crime scene out in the middle of the woods while a strange man runs around in the shadows, and now he brings Lena back to the place where he was nearly raped. It's so weird.

I give up. I just can't connect with this protagonist. He's just made one terrible decision after anot
Lena in the rape cabin??? Huh? I had Haley.... My problem was It didn't matter if I slept with Haley or not, I was still raped to sleep with her and hurt Lena. Same as the end of chap. 10 with Zenny. Raped again... My choices make no difference in this VN. This went from great to rushed and BS, Not going to gain parteron supporters this way. Oh well life goes on.

DiroGoodboy

Oct 18, 2016
Ha
Sorry if this has been asked but I am following the walkthrough and on day 9 it says there is supposed to be a scene with Haley in the killers cabin and I choose the option in the walkthrough but they just go to sleep. I picked all the Haley options so her stats should be high enough. Is this a bug or did I fuck something up along the way?
I had the same bug, hope it get fixed soon since I'm waiting before progressing any further

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ha

I had the same bug, hope it get fixed soon since I'm waiting before progressing any further
IDK, I was able to bang Haley in that cabin w/ no bug. I'm not able to now, but later (if no one has yet) I'll upload a save that should let you get that scene. I can't say what choice(s) you specifically have made that may have blocked the scene.

Reactions: User_992957

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
IDK, I was able to bang Haley in that cabin w/ no bug. I'm not able to now, but later (if no one has yet) I'll upload a save that should let you get that scene. I can't say what choice(s) you specifically have made that may have blocked the scene.
OK, the dev rewrote the code so things do not proceed with "punishing" Haley. I've included a save that hopefully will let you see the punishment scene. I think it will work, but I can't promise it. A rewrite the dev did with this version changes things a lot. Before, if you told Haley she needed to be punished because she's "a bad person" (by choosing You do.), you'd proceed to do so. That's changed with this line of dialogue instead: "I think everything you did was the work of a caring person". Then that's followed with Haley's "We should go to bed" and the MC's "Oh, OK". [sigh]

This is puzzling for two reasons. First, you tell Haley she needs to be punished because she's a bad person and then proceed to tell her she's a caring person instead? Like, WTH? Second, this latest update forces you to have cheated on Lena with Haley in the cabin, whether you chose that before or not. If you're forced into cheating, why the hell even bother with a line about Haley being "a caring person"? (If she were caring, would she suggest you cheat on Lena with her?) So stupid. This forced path not only is annoying but its dialogue also doesn't even make sense. o_O

Note: Roll back as far as you can from the save point to get as much of the scene as possible.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
OK, the dev rewrote the code so things do not proceed with "punishing" Haley. I've included a save that hopefully will let you see the punishment scene. I think it will work, but I can't promise it. A rewrite the dev did with this version changes things a lot. Before, if you told Haley she needed to be punished because she's "a bad person" (by choosing You do.), you'd proceed to do so. That's changed with this line of dialogue instead: "I think everything you did was the work of a caring person". Then that's followed with Haley's "We should go to bed" and the MC's "Oh, OK". [sigh]

This is puzzling for two reasons. First, you tell Haley she needs to be punished because she's a bad person and then proceed to tell her she's a caring person instead? Like, WTH? Second, this latest update forces you to have cheated on Lena with Haley in the cabin, whether you chose that before or not. If you're forced into cheating, why the hell even bother with a line about Haley being "a caring person"? (If she were caring, would she suggest you cheat on Lena with her?) So stupid. This forced path not only is annoying but its dialogue also doesn't even make sense. o_O

Note: Roll back as far as you can from the save point to get as much of the scene as possible.
I'm confused as well about that, I started all over since the changelog says it's necessary, but I can't trigger sex with Haley anymore, in qleaf walkthrough it says you need less than 5 love points to trigger it, I guess it is only possible if you treat her like a slut, but the choice makes no sense them

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

bobberson2

Dec 10, 2017
I think it's a situation of she's secretly sort of into that sort of treatment (she references how Leopold treated his wife) so if you have a lower score it sort of makes sense.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Chapter 11 coming July 1st
I got a slow start on this month's installment and now a summer vacation is coming right around the corner. As a result, the next chapter will be a little later than usual, arriving June 1st for $6 patrons. Sorry for the delay!

Reactions: Mormont and fanboi

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
There is something up with the void.cat download. It's zero bytes and can't be opened.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
basically tells you in the update...ya..i've fucked it all up for you being loyal to Lena or whoever ya choose..but i'll fix it if i hit my patreon goals..LOL...really makes playing the choices a "who the fuck cares" situation..because for two updates in a row we made choices and get a "message" it'll be assumed we did something even if we didnt..that REALLY destroys the want to keep playing..once fine..but two updates in a row..pfffttt..
i mean..Zenny says basically go away perv..no sex..next scene..Lena running away because you just had sex with Zenny...thats just really crappy..dont even release an update if you are gonna pull that shit.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-11] [Mr. Rigg] - Original Size: 2.22GB

Download Win (351.4MB): - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
basically tells you in the update...ya..i've fucked it all up for you being loyal to Lena or whoever ya choose..but i'll fix it if i hit my patreon goals..LOL...really makes playing the choices a "who the fuck cares" situation..because for two updates in a row we made choices and get a "message" it'll be assumed we did something even if we didnt..that REALLY destroys the want to keep playing..once fine..but two updates in a row..pfffttt..
i mean..Zenny says basically go away perv..no sex..next scene..Lena running away because you just had sex with Zenny...thats just really crappy..dont even release an update if you are gonna pull that shit.
What. The. Actual. Fuck.
What the hell is the point of having multiple saves with different choices (one focusing on Zenny, one focusing on Clara, one focusing on Delia, etc.) if you automatically are forced to have become a total asshole — professing your commitment to Lena only to turn around and screw Laney at the first chance and then to also cheat again by sticking your dick in Zenny?

So-and-so will remember that. Bullshit. No one remembers a damned thing from one version to the next. Instead of a visual novel, why not just label this a graphic novel instead, since clearly we're all just reading and not making any choices at all? What started out so strong has just fallen apart completely over the last few chapters. Smmfh.

Last edited:

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
What. The. Actual. Fuck.
What the hell is the point of having multiple saves with different choices (one focusing on Zenny, one focusing on Clara, one focusing on Delia, etc.) if you automatically are forced to have become a total asshole — professing your commitment to Lena only to turn around and screw Laney at the first chance and then to also cheat again by sticking your dick in Zenny?

So-and-so will remember that. Bullshit. No one remembers a damned thing from one version to the next. Instead of a visual novel, why not just label this a graphic novel instead, since clearly we're all just reading and not making any choices at all? What started out so strong has just fallen apart completely over the last few chapters. Smmfh.
Is it that bad?
so this "game" bacame a kinetic novel or just a linear VN with a little bit of choices?
How are the choices effect the game?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Is it that bad?
so this "game" bacame a kinetic novel or just a linear VN with a little bit of choices?
How are the choices effect the game?
it is still a vn with choices...but for two updates..some of the choices are null and void because the dev hasnt gotten around to creating the effects of said choices..so gives you a message that the game will see things as ya boinked everyone anyways and if we want to speed things up to become a patron..lol

Reactions: Carpe Stultus

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Hmmm. Judging by the reactions, I may wait for another update or so. lol
Lets try and be patient though, the game is worth a few bad bumps. At least I found it unique enough to be worth paetroning.

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes